Another satisfied CtC customer

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Joey Smith
Infidel Enslaver

Another satisfied CtC customer

Post by Joey Smith »

scottkins

4 Posts
Posted - 07/05/2007 : 10:45:20 AM
-------------------

After not filing for 17 yrs, I decided to follow CTC recommendations to get back some withheld funds (I'm W-2'd). The dog was silently sleeping. Now, they're beating me up with frivolous nonsense, and I've not gotten a refund. Also, ID Tax Commission now is growling (was silent before), and they have a bulldog reputation, and ignore the rule of law. Oh, my God - what have I done..........

IMFResearch

342 Posts
Posted - 07/05/2007 : 11:08:19 AM
-------------------

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, my God - what have I done..........
-------------------

You told them where to find you. You gave them a "new" "Last Known Address" by filing a return. Chances are the only notices you had received during the previous years were annual notices [CP-71 Series], and Internal Revenue had been content to let the Collection Statute Expiration Date [CSED] run.

Everything will change now, and you have your desire for refund to thank.

FederalBanditos3

5 Posts
Posted - 07/05/2007 : 2:21:59 PM
-------------------

As IMF Research says, you are screwed. Get rid of everything that you have as that will make it easier to work out a settlement, if that is even possible.
- - - - - - - - - - -
"The real George Washington was shot dead fairly early in the Revolution." ~ David Merrill, 9-17-2004 --- "This is where I belong" ~ Heidi Guedel, 7-1-2006 (referring to suijuris.net)
- - - - - - - - - - -
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

What is amusing is the intellectual dishonesty on display here:

(1) Notice that no CtC expert has given any answer as to why the CtC method has not worked for this person. The silence is deafening.

(2) The other responses are criticizing the person for contacting the IRS and advising them to get rid of their possessions/wealth. But as far as I can remember, CtC directed you to contact the IRS to recover your withheld wages and never said anything about having to hide assets.

The only conclusion I can come up with is that CtC has failed to provide a complete solution for their customers and is ignoring the howls and complaints.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

An honest reply on that thread (I wonder how long it will stay up):
CtC hasn't worked as advertised for a lot of people, including me. It probably works if you have a cash job, no paper trail, and don't file for a refund. You violated #3. CtC works best if you keep a low profile, but you are now on the radar screen and missiles are headed your way. With the present attitude towards Pete by the IRS, you are in some deep doodoo.

The whole CtC world is waiting to see what happens with Pete's own case. He lost at the lower court and now is appealing to the higher federal court. If he loses there, CtC probably goes down with it. So if you are putting your hopes in CtC you are putting your hopes in a horse that has already lost the race but is hoping to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat by way of the photo replay. Not good odds in the best light.
Last edited by Dr. Caligari on Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Dr. Caligari wrote:An honest reply on that thread (I wondser how long it will stay up):
CtC hasn't worked as advertised for a lot of people, including me. It probably works if you have a cash job, no paper trail, and don't file for a refund. You violated #3. CtC works best if you keep a low profile, but you are now on the radar screen and missiles are headed your way. With the present attitude towards Pete by the IRS, you are in some deep doodoo.

The whole CtC world is waiting to see what happens with Pete's own case. He lost at the lower court and now is appealing to the higher federal court. If he loses there, CtC probably goes down with it. So if you are putting your hopes in CtC you are putting your hopes in a horse that has already lost the race but is hoping to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat by way of the photo replay. Not good odds in the best light.
Someone has accused the poster (in another thread) of being from this forum. I wonder why the people at LostHorizons assume that everyone who comes to a non-CtC conclusion must be from this forum. Like no one can think for themselves.

Oh wait. Scratch that. An intern just dropped a notification on my desk. Apparently we've been intercepting the delivery of all CtC books and lacing the pages with a (yet to be announced) subliminally hallucinogenic drug which makes them unquestionably believe everything in that book and suspect that Quatloos is at the heart of all dissenting opinions.

And, um, you guys might want to stay away from the Stephen Kings novels for a while. I can't say why...but the birth rate might be spiking soon.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Heheh, someone just responded to a comment about how the comments seem to be opposing the CtC:
We keep the discussions open to nearly all comers to ensure that all available evidence can be considered and shared.
Apparently, this person never bothered to read the trolls thread.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Re: Another satisfied CtC customer

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Joey Smith wrote:
scottkins

You told them where to find you. You gave them a "new" "Last Known Address" by filing a return. Chances are the only notices you had received during the previous years were annual notices [CP-71 Series], and Internal Revenue had been content to let the Collection Statute Expiration Date [CSED] run.
Oh, so that's the secret to CtC? Just drop off the grid, live in a cave and wait for the CSED to run out?

Hell, I could have told them that. Then I wouldn't have to sell music anymore.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

Apparently, this person never bothered to read the trolls thread.
Actually, I think that is the only guy besides Bulten who is charged with determining who is a troll and censoring him or her.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Another satisfied CtC customer

Post by The Observer »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:Oh, so that's the secret to CtC? Just drop off the grid, live in a cave and wait for the CSED to run out?

Hell, I could have told them that. Then I wouldn't have to sell music anymore.
The successful TPs already know the true secret to living a tax-free life: Minimize your income and lifestyle, structure your earnings around a cash-based system, and above all, keep your big mouth shut about it.

It is the narcisstic, arrogant TPs, like those at CtC, WtP, etc. who want the attention and glory (not to mention the money they charge their followers) for "beating" the government in the open. The only thing they accomplish is getting the IRS and DOJ to focus their attention on them.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
silversopp

Re: well...

Post by silversopp »

UGA Lawdog wrote: You live so well that you don't even realize you are among what the TPs and "sovereign" folks call the "enslaved sheeple." 8)
Have they ever sat down and compared what freedoms they get to enjoy as a result of the alternatives?

It seems that for people who care so much about freedom, going down a road that severely restricts what you can do doesn't make much sense.

I think the whole "freedom" rhetoric is to give their actions a moral justification. It certainly seems to work for the gurus.
Imalawman
Enchanted Consultant of the Red Stapler
Location: Formerly in a cubicle by the window where I could see the squirrels, and they were married.

Re: well...

Post by Imalawman »

silversopp wrote:
UGA Lawdog wrote: You live so well that you don't even realize you are among what the TPs and "sovereign" folks call the "enslaved sheeple." 8)
Have they ever sat down and compared what freedoms they get to enjoy as a result of the alternatives?

It seems that for people who care so much about freedom, going down a road that severely restricts what you can do doesn't make much sense.

I think the whole "freedom" rhetoric is to give their actions a moral justification. It certainly seems to work for the gurus.
The problem is, the one thing they want to do - not pay taxes - is severely punished. I suppose for me it would like Uncle Sam saying I couldn't play golf anymore. I might have take up arms and defend my freedom. (trust me I would fight to the death, I tell ya!)

TPs have gotten into their heads that not paying taxes or not having any government imposed obligations is "being free". While paying taxes and not worrying about going to jail while sipping expensive wine in a hot tub on your back porch is slavery.
"Some people are like Slinkies ... not really good for anything, but you can't help smiling when you see one tumble down the stairs" - Unknown
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

The whole mentality reminds me of a guy in our town. Everything you talk to him, he somehow works into the conversation that he was able to live for a year or two "without any part of the government knowing where I was." This was all through the help of some survivalist book. He didn't vote....didn't pay anything in his actual name.....it was all very elaborate and cladestine. He stopped talking about it in my presence once when I pointed out that everyone in town knew he lived with his mother and that she wasn't that hard to trace.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Disilloosianed wrote:The whole mentality reminds me of a guy in our town. Everything you talk to him, he somehow works into the conversation that he was able to live for a year or two "without any part of the government knowing where I was." This was all through the help of some survivalist book. He didn't vote....didn't pay anything in his actual name.....it was all very elaborate and cladestine. He stopped talking about it in my presence once when I pointed out that everyone in town knew he lived with his mother and that she wasn't that hard to trace.
Which, if you think about it, is not unlike what Ed Brown is doing by living off the earnings of his wife, and hiding behind her skirts.

LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Tax nuts often like to quote Goethe for the proposition that "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free."

Which I can consider to be a dubious proposition.

But the opposite, that "None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are enslaved," seems incontrovertible.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.