Succinctly Put ...

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Brian Rookard
Beefcake

Succinctly Put ...

Post by Brian Rookard »

"Bad things happen if you fail to pay federal income taxes when due." - Hinck v. U.S., 550 U.S. ____ (2007).
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: Succinctly Put ...

Post by LPC »

Brian Rookard wrote:"Bad things happen if you fail to pay federal income taxes when due." - Hinck v. U.S., 550 U.S. ____ (2007).
The first sentence in a unanimous opinion holding that the Tax Court has exclusive jurisdiction over whether the IRS has abused its discretion in not abating interest on underpayments of tax attributable to "unreasonable error or delay" by the IRS.

http://www.supremecourtus.gov/opinions/06pdf/06-376.pdf
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Brian Rookard
Beefcake

Post by Brian Rookard »

Of course, such a warning by the Supreme Court will not deter the tax protest crowd who will assert (of course) that income taxes are not due from them because _______ (fill in the blank) ... that the case does not apply because _______ (fill in the blank) ... that the Supreme Court's warning is dicta ... that blah, blah, blah ____ (fill in the blank with any number of excuses) ... blah, blah, blah (man, I get sick of repeating all the tax protest crowds tired arguments).

In short, anything said by the Supreme Court never applies to the tax protest crowd ... unless it can be twisted and contorted to fit their agenda.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

But ultimately, why does the contest exist in the first place?

As it stands now, Washington is doing nothing but inviting scammers to flail away with specious challenges, ultimately at the expense of the people who are lured into their traps.

The old adage that if it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and swims like a duck ergo it must be a duck is meaningless to people who have never seen a duck in person.

The powers that be are asking millions of people who have never seen a duck to simply believe one of the most untrustworthy of sources to guide their beliefs and actions. They seemed to have finally attached themselves to the "show me the law" mantra which they can stand behind and point to the seeming ambiguity of the answers.

It can't be explained or answered in a sound bite.

No wonder the scammers thrive in this environment.

A real cynic would think the enforcement folk are working behind the scenes to justify their numbers.

Rant off
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

A bumper sticker beats a sound bite which beats anything requiring more than 5 minutes of attention and thought.

SHOW US THE LAW :!: always beats a reference to or a copy of the law.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Nikki wrote:A bumper sticker beats a sound bite which beats anything requiring more than 5 minutes of attention and thought.

SHOW US THE LAW :!: always beats a reference to or a copy of the law.
Then we need a slogan. "STOP DENYING THE LAW EXISTS!"
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

How about STOP DENYING :!: THE LAW EXISTS :!:

However it will need an extensive footnote on the order of
but not in the KJV Bible, the Magna Carta, the Declaration of Independence, or (per se) in the Constitution. Also, there is not a huge Zionist, Illuminati, Vatican conspiract to conceal the fact that the law only applies to resident alien Virgin Island gunsmiths and can only be enforced by people and court officers who send notarized copies of their oaths of office to PAM and ...
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

How about:

LIABILITY: THIS MEANS YOU. YES YOU!

But unfortunately, i agree that nothing's going to work.

I believe i once mentioned one of my clients, Tom Demeter. He's a religious end timer who's gravitated to the sovereignty movement, probably because they give him an audience.

Anyway, when i try to argue that his supposed legal techniques don't work he says i'm overlooking the fact that he is not under the jurisdiction of the courts because he's the messenger of God. He explained that when he went to court over issues of DMV licensing, registration, and tickets, he won every time. "I walked into the court and i took control" is how he put it. He said that the cops privately told him they were on his side. But the judge cheated and kept his car anyway. 5 times. That's not a typo: according to him, local authorities have confiscated 5 cars from him, but only because they know he's right.

It'll take a lot more than a slogan to get through that kind of attitude. And he's actually pretty rationale in the rest of his thinking.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

grixit wrote:He explained that when he went to court over issues of DMV licensing, registration, and tickets, he won every time. "I walked into the court and i took control" is how he put it. He said that the cops privately told him they were on his side. But the judge cheated and kept his car anyway. 5 times. That's not a typo: according to him, local authorities have confiscated 5 cars from him, but only because they know he's right.
This is similar to David Van Pelt's motor scooter suit. He went to court to retrieve it and I am willing to bet that he explains his loss was due to the judge being less than "honest."
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Disilloosianed

Post by Disilloosianed »

Just as an aside, yesterday I received a pleading accusing me of treason for trying a tax protester. This is added to "enslavement" and "refusal to follow Mosaic Law."
Duke2Earl
Eighth Operator of the Delusional Mooloo

Post by Duke2Earl »

Once the koolaid is well and truly ingested, I do not believe there is any combination of words, cases, logic, argument or indeed any power on earth that will convince them that they must pay taxes.

Its sort of like trying to interrupt someone in the act of committing suicide. If they want to do these terribly self destructive things, there literally is nothing anyone can do to prevent it. It appears that some of them actually think the Ed Brown thing is going to end "happily ever after."

The true fact is that a certain percentage of this or any population are delusional sociopaths.
ErsatzAnatchist

Post by ErsatzAnatchist »

Duke2Earl wrote: Its sort of like trying to interrupt someone in the act of committing suicide. If they want to do these terribly self destructive things, there literally is nothing anyone can do to prevent it. It appears that some of them actually think the Ed Brown thing is going to end "happily ever after."
I think the Ed Brown thing will end happily ever after, at least for me. But I am kind of egocentric that way. :wink: