Remember Steven Swan?

A collection of old posts from all forums. No new threads or new posts in old threads allowed. For archive use only.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Remember Steven Swan?

Post by Demosthenes »

Letter

Travesty of justice
Steven A. Swan, Ayer, Mass.

For the Monitor
March 18. 2007 10:00AM

The corruption of the federal criminal justice system must be experienced to be believed.

From 1996 to 2002, I was a follower and promoter of the teachings of nationally known income tax protester Irwin Schiff. I truly believed Schiff's teachings (that the federal income tax is entirely voluntary). I was so convinced that for six years I did everything I could think of to try to disseminate Schiff's teachings to others.

Then in March 2003, the government indicted me for 18 tax felonies. Seventeen of the 18 counts against me were for filing tax returns for myself or preparing them for others which I knew and believed to be false. However, I did not believe they were false, so I should not have been found guilty.

The U.S. attorney prosecuting me (Colantuono) and my judge (Barbadoro) knew I was not guilty, but they prosecuted me anyway. Unfortunately, I could not overcome "the awesome power of the federal government" and convince my jury that I was not guilty.

In July 2004, Judge Barbadoro sentenced me to six years in federal prison, where I remain.

Please disseminate this information to others and please contact President Bush, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, the Senate and House judiciary committees, U.S. Sens. Judd Gregg and John Sununu and Rep. Carol Shea-Porter and ask them to rectify this travesty of justice.
STEVEN A. SWAN

Ayer, Mass.
Randall
Warden of the Quatloosian Sane Asylum
Location: The Deep South, so deep I'm almost in Rhode Island.

Re: Remember Steven Swan?

Post by Randall »

In July 2004, Judge Barbadoro sentenced me to six years in federal prison, where I remain.

Please disseminate this information to others and please contact President Bush, Attorney General Alberto Gonzales, the Senate and House judiciary committees, U.S. Sens. Judd Gregg and John Sununu and Rep. Carol Shea-Porter and ask them to rectify this travesty of justice.
STEVEN A. SWAN

Ayer, Mass.
Dear. President Bush:

I believe there has been a tremendous travesty of justice in the sentencing of Steven Swan to six years in prison for tax evasion.

In order to send the correct message to these morons, his sentence needs to be increased, another decade ought to do it.

Any help you provide in this matter would be appreciated.

Randall

cc: AG Alberto Gonzales
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

From 1996 to 2002, I was a follower and promoter of the teachings of nationally known income tax protester Irwin Schiff. I truly believed Schiff's teachings (that the federal income tax is entirely voluntary). I was so convinced that for six years I did everything I could think of to try to disseminate Schiff's teachings to others.
I love the repeated use of the word “teachings”. I guess it sounds better to Swan than “obvious scam.” Believing that am already twice convicted felon holds the secret to a tax free existence is more than any reasonable juror could stomach.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Dear Editor,

From 1985 to 2003, i was a member of the Ku Klux Klan, and truly believed in their teachings. During that time i shot six niggers. In 2004 i was convicted on six counts of willful murder, a shameful travesty of justice since i was at the time, totally convinced that shooting niggers was not a crime. The prosecutor knew i was innocent but conspired with the judge to throw me in prison anyway.

I am appealing to all who still believe in liberty to speak out against this and other acts of government tyrrany.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4