I'm outta here

A forum for posting "You have one the lottery" letters, and for asking whether the e-mail that your received is real (it isn't). Real lotteries do NOT advise winners by e-mail, and they do NOT require the payment of any fees up-front.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

I'm outta here

Post by AndyK »

Well, it's been a lot of fun with all of you over the past many years, but I am gone :!:

Just received the following ticket to eternal bliss:
AWARD FINAL NOTIFICATION

REF: IPL/4249859609/WP1
BATCH: GL/91663/A

We happily announce to you the draw of the Happy Home Lottery International programs held on the 26th of December 2015 in Dorchester, England. Your e-mail address attached to ticket number: 3 88 606 with Serial number UK/AS 04/0202-UHI drew the lucky numbers: 0328904411, which subsequently won you the lottery in the category (A).

You have therefore been approved to claim a total sum of One million British Pound (GBP) in cash credited to file No.21300/07.This is from a total cash prize of Ten Million British Pound, shared among the first Ten (10) lucky winners in this category (A). Please note that you’re lucky winning number falls within our European booklet representative office in Europe as indicated in your play coupon. In view of this, your One million British Pound would be released to you by our Consultant firm in EUROPE; Our European agent will immediately commence the process to facilitate the release of your funds as soon as you contact him.

For security reasons, you are advised to keep your winning information confidential till your claims is processed and your money remitted to you in whatever manner you deem fit to claim your prize. This is part of our precautionary measure to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some unscrupulous elements. Please be warned.

For you to collect your prizes, kindly fill the verification details below and send it to our claims department Agent, confirming the receipt of this notification.

HAPPY HOME NATIONAL LOTTERY AGENT
Kelly David
Email: hhome.agent@gmail.com
Tel : +44-793-742-1585

VERIFICATION DETAILS :

FULL NAME:
NATIONALITY:
FULL ADDRESS:
EMAIL ADRRESS:
COUNTRY OF RESIDENCE:
PHONE AND FAX NUMBER:
MOBILE NUMBER
OCCUPATION/POSITION:
COMPANY:
TICKET NUMBER:
SERIAL NUMBER:

INFORMATION (Decree Law No. 196/03)
We guarantee the respect in the processing of personal data, under art. 13 D. Legislative Decrees 196/03.

The above information shall be forwarded to our paying Office for verification and immediate release of your fund to you.

Congratulations once more, and keep trust in us...

Yours faithfully,

Rosemary Felix
Promotions Coordinator.

Online coordinator for NATIONAL HOME LOTTERY Sweepstakes International
Program Happy Home national-lottery.co.uk @2015
NOTE N.B. Any breach of confidentiality on the part of the winners will result in disqualification and any winner below the age of 18years is automatically disqualified. Please do not reply to this mail. Contact your Claims agent immediately.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: I'm outta here

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

"NOTE N.B. Any breach of confidentiality on the part of the winners will result in disqualification...."

Don't give up your day job just yet.... :D
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Well you would have been free of us all if you hadn't screwed yourself because of your big mouth;
Online coordinator for NATIONAL HOME LOTTERY Sweepstakes International
Program Happy Home national-lottery.co.uk @2015
NOTE N.B. Any breach of confidentiality on the part of the winners will result in disqualification and any winner below the age of 18years is automatically disqualified. Please do not reply to this mail.
A lottery story I'm avidly following is taking place here in Vancouver right now. A 65 year old (at the time) guy won a $50,000,000 lottery but was afraid to claim the prize. He waited almost two years until the ticket almost expired. He had tried to have a lawyer claim the win anonymously on his behalf but lottery rules don't allow for anonymous wins. So, days before the deadline, he claimed it;

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/61960 ... ous-prize/

But that's not the part I like. Another guy is suing the lottery for the $50 mil saying that he was the one that won it. The only real impediment to his claim is that that he doesn't have a winning ticket. He claims he bought a ticket that he remembers as having the same series of numbers. However, sadly, he seems to have lost it. But since he said he had the ticket the lottery should cough up. The lottery has a record of every number combination sold and said that only one ticket with that series of numbers was issued. That ticket has been presented and the prize claimed. What's the world coming to when a man's word isn't enough and lottery organizations instead rely on facts?

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2015/12/25 ... 77778.html

Pottapaug just wrote;
Pottapaug1938 wrote:"NOTE N.B. Any breach of confidentiality on the part of the winners will result in disqualification...."

Don't give up your day job just yet.... :D
Apparently this guy did. He had an accounting practice in Vancouver and according to one news report he closed it and surrendered his accounting designation. He sort of regrets that now.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

We happily announce to you the draw of the Happy Home Lottery International programs held on the 26th of December 2015 in Dorchester, England.
any winner below the age of 18years is automatically disqualified.
In England the legal age limit to buy a lottery ticket is sixteen.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:In England the legal age limit to buy a lottery ticket is sixteen.
Which might have some relevance if this actually were a lottery and if it actually involved someone buying a ticket.

However, it is probably more significant that (in many countries) one does not become a legal adult until age 18.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
VinnyZ
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by VinnyZ »

I have noticed an interesting change to the Nigerian emails that I have been receiving lately.

They are asking for the money upfront right in the initial email.

For example:

>>>>

I am barrister Smith John (or whatever).

Blah blah blah.....we noticed that you have been victim of fraud. Therefore we are giving you $4,000,000.....blah blah blah.

Please contact us and send us your name, address, occupation, etc. and $495.........

<<<<

I suppose that it cuts down on their work if someone actually responds.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Getting lazy, getting desperate, getting blasée? Got a better sucker list?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

i can't wait until the day when the Nigerian scam boils down to them asking you to send them the money first before they tell you what the scam story is.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff