Pfizer VaccineSurvey Registration Confirmation

A forum for posting "You have one the lottery" letters, and for asking whether the e-mail that your received is real (it isn't). Real lotteries do NOT advise winners by e-mail, and they do NOT require the payment of any fees up-front.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Pfizer VaccineSurvey Registration Confirmation

Post by Arthur Rubin »

I received an E-mail with that heading, without my name or E-mail appearing in From: or CC: sections.

Payload is an image; my E-mail provider doesn't open images by default, and I'm not going to. Note the spacing problem in the title. Date: is in August 2020....

("You have won the lottery" seems more appropriate than "other", under the circumstances.)
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Re: Pfizer VaccineSurvey Registration Confirmation

Post by eric »

Similar emails have started to appear in Canada, although I haven't personally got one. In our province as a security precaution, any emails regarding your vaccination come with a unique ten digit confirmation code that you receive when you book an appointment. If you wish to change/cancel/etc your email also has to contain that code. I guess it sort of works...
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Here in the other Washington, it's going smoothly. I get my second jab of Moderna tomorrow, at a drive-thru event. But my spouse is unlikely to qualify until April, so I'm locking down said spouse and doing ALL the shopping and any errands outside our home. I have a deep horror of lasting this long and losing. I went to the state website, did the paperwork there, and got advised by email of vaccine events until I got into one. I don't even have to get out of the car!
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
eric

Post by eric »

My wife gets her first shot tomorrow, mine will be in about a week by my estimate, although I could get one earlier but I'm lazy. All done by appointment only, when your year of eligibility comes up go to the website, just enter only your postal code and it tells you yes/no appointments available within an hours drive of you. Finish entering your details and it gives you a choice of ten locations and days, then pick one and time of day. All of two minutes work on my part. I wanted to get my wife into one of the Indian/Metis clinics since they give you a gift of bush meat afterwards but didn't feel like the extra drive so it will be MacDonald's tomorrow rather than moose meat. :? Side note, afterwards I have a one hour zoom meeting interview since we match some demographic that a government wonk wants to know our opinion on the whole process. In our province they're working on the basis of many small immunization sites rather than fewer big ones, people are used to it since that's the way annual flu immunizations are done.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Maryland: I'm WELL over 65 and wife has qualifying issues. Both of us received second shot about five days ago.

Now, just waiting for the rest of the world to catch up.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Both my wife and I are over 65. She got her second shot, last week, at Dana-Farber; and she got the Pfizer vaccine, which she liked because she owns stock in that company. I get my second shot, of the Moderna vaccine, on the 26th.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Still waiting for my category (1c) to be called up, though the wife told me this morning that we are now 1b+ based on our ages. The governor, however, has announced an end to the categorization policy and that anyone from age 16 up can get the vaccine starting April 1st. My preference at this point would either be Pfizer or the Johnson & Johnson shots; I have heard of too many problems with the Moderna and AstroZeneca products. I also decided against Russia's Sputnik-5 vaccine after I asked an acquaintance how he tolerated getting it and his text came back with:
Вакцинация прошла успешно, побочных эффектов не заметил.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

My wife and I have both received first shots, she Moderna and I Pfizer. My second is next week, hers still three weeks off.

The dates are highlighted on my calendar.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

AndyK wrote: Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:55 pm Maryland: I'm WELL over 65 and wife has qualifying issues. Both of us received second shot about five days ago.

Now, just waiting for the rest of the world to catch up.
Canada is doing very poorly compared to just about any other western nation and British Columbia seems to be doing worse that the rest of the country. Here we're currently vaccinating the 85+ group with the 80+ now being allowed to contact the government for a tentative schedule. I'm almost 72 so I can expect, at best, maybe April, but probably May.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
eric

Post by eric »

Really Burnaby, you haven't thought of a solution yet? All you have to do is switch your residence from the Lower Mainland to such fine places as Port Alice or Tahsis or even Prince Rupert and you might have allready had your shot. Just ignore the fact that it rains 364 days out of the year. (the other day it's either snowing or dense fog).

More seriously, it's a matter of demographics and approach. Alberta has relatively few senior residents and is going strictly by age with multiple small community clinics since it has a well developed "hot shot" logistics system borrowed from the oil and gas industry. BC has the opposite age demographic but is blitzing isolated communities. Both methods are probably equally valid.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Prince Rupert is now vaccinating any adult who wants it. However I spent three days there once and I still have no idea what the place looked like. All I can remember is the driving rain.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

wserra

Post by wserra »

Curious, I just checked: Prince Rupert receives 262 cm (103 in) of rain on average per year.

That's a wet place.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
eric

Post by eric »

I purposely picked the wettest, most isolated, and most uncomfortable parts of BC that actually have a settlement. Port Alice is even wetter than Prince Rupert , 130 inches compared to 103 in Prince Rupert. The only thing nice about the weather in Port Alice is that it receives almost no snow if you ignore the 100 mph winds in winter. (edit to add) These are all places that I would swing into on my annual "visit every mill town" tour through BC in the spring. Personally I kind of liked Port Alice, good place to raise a young family since it is so totally isolated.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Personally I kind of liked Port Alice, good place to raise a young family since it is so totally isolated.
If that's your criteria you'd love Bella Coola. Port Alice has a well maintained paved road taking you to highway 19 in about half an hour. Bella Coola also has a highway out but it's a difficult six hour drive to Williams Lake, the nearest town of any consequence.

Bonnie Henry, the British Columbia Provincial Health Officer, announced today that she anticipates a rapid increase in inoculation rates. According to her my age group will be allowed to schedule appointments in the last week of the month. My wife, a mere child of 68, will have to wait longer, timing currently uncertain.

Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Got another one with no misspelled words. If they had my name, I might have fallen for it. (My primary E-mail address has my wife's name without a "dot", and the bot didn't think to split it to produce a name.)

As for my actual vaccine status, my wife (73 years old, with a few medical conditions) is eligible, but we have to make the vaccine appointment before we can book a transportation appointment and a caregiver appointment, and haven't been able to get all three aligned.

I am only 65 (with one medical condition on the list), and am on the virtual waiting list with the county system, as well as checking the pharmacies and my doctor's office. The doctor's medical group website says that they will have vaccines available, and will allow us to make appointments -- eventually. The new state system is willing to make appointments in the next county over, but _they_ won't accept people without a connection to that county. California, on the other hand, will declare anyone who can find it on a map a tax resident.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

The scammers emerge. I got an email on the same account that I used to set up and get my covid jabs, only this one did not have my name on it, just a fake "You qualify for a shot!" certificate, using "you" rather than my identity. And of course it offered a handy website to click on to make the appointment. I've forwarded it as phishing, since it obviously was.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold