OMG! I won 4 million pounds in a XMAS lottery!

A forum for posting "You have one the lottery" letters, and for asking whether the e-mail that your received is real (it isn't). Real lotteries do NOT advise winners by e-mail, and they do NOT require the payment of any fees up-front.
Elmware
Blessed Ancient of the Sixth Qu Dynasty

OMG! I won 4 million pounds in a XMAS lottery!

Post by Elmware »

As if! Got this in my G-Mail account.
Catherine Nola <kellystuckey>
show details 5:06 pm (38 minutes ago)

We happily announce that you have won the total sum of “£4,000.000.00 (Four Million Pounds Sterling)” In our online Sweepstakes International program/ XMAS BONAZA. To file for your Claim; please contact our fiduciary agent below:

Catherine Nola (Mrs.): Email: catherinenola02@jmail.co.za
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Lucky dog.
Demo.
Elmware

Post by Elmware »

I'm seeing a lot more of these as well as false banks requiring me to go to their sites, etc in my G-mail account lately.
finvik

Re: OMG! I won 4 million pounds in a XMAS lottery!

Post by finvik »

well i receive many this type of mails

"Dear Vik,

How are you and every members of your family?I hope they are fine? If so may almighty God continue to guide you and protect you in your entire endeavor.

I am prince omar a Liberian by nationality.My mother got your contact through a Christian sister who told us that you are a good and trust worthy person who can assist us in area of investment.Though, i did not disclose to her the strength of what we have in our possession.

I am the only son of chief (Dr).Omar ben who was killed by some political ingrates in Liberia, ..Before he died he was the owner of Omar and Sons Gold and Diamond Company in Liberia. After the death of my father,I and my mother quickly rush into my father's Private warehouse and took away(A trunk box containing $3 million USD and small Gold worth $800,000 USD .It was a Lady diplomat that assisted us to escape to Accra Ghana, we are presently in the refugee camp.

Sequel to our discussion last weekend I and my mother has agreed that we send the consignment to you in your country, since my fathers friend is not there to assist us.
Sir,this trunk box is now in CANADA we had wanted my father's friend that is in CANADA to help us in receive the consignment and to help in the area of investment, but it was very unfortunate for us when we got there he is already dead, that is why we are contacting you to assist us receive the funds in your country.

Sir,what I want you to do for me is to send me your full name and address including the first page of your International Passport to enable I and my mother get all necessary document needed to get the consignments from CANADA to you so that you will be our final beneficiary since my fathers friend is dead.

I am willing to go into any investment and establishment in your country or anywhere you feel will be conducive with your assistance.But if I may ask,what precisely do you think is profitable to invest in your country?

Sir,i will like to know your percentage in helping us to receive this funds in your country.Please Sir,do not underestimate my request.
and i look forward to your prompt response.

Warmest Regard,
OMAR PRINCE."

what are these and how do they make money out of such mails
vik
Elmware

Post by Elmware »

Now I'm jealous :p
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Just received this e-mail. Oh, I'm on Easy Street now. Pardon my dust, losers.

British National Lottery
P O Box 1010
Liverpool, L70 1NL
UNITED KINGDOM
(Our Dear Winner)

You have been awarded (£1,000,000.00 One Million pounds) in the BRITISH
NATIONAL LOTTERY satellite software email lotto promotional program in which
email addresses are picked randomly by Software powered by the internet through
the worldwide web.

To file in your claims kindly contact the event manager with the below
information’s. Below is your identification numbers which you are required to
forward to the event manager alone with the details listed below.

Full name:
Present Address:
Telephone Number / Fax:
E-mail:
Batch Number.......067/08/AX371
Ref Number..........IR/1002088/08
Winning Number...01-14-21-24-35-46-{38}

Lottery Event Manager
Sir. Barton David
Tel: 44(0)703-191-1891
Email:sirdavid@donlegalul.co.uk

Congratulations from all members and staff of this promotional program.

Sincerely,
Mrs. Kate Brown,
British National Lottery.

-------------------------------------------------
Este mensaje fue enviado por: http://webmail.utalca.cl

I just kind of wonder if someone working for the Brit govt would capitalize Software, put an apostrophe - and make a plural - into information's, or put a period after Sir.
Elmware

Post by Elmware »

fortinbras wrote:Just received this e-mail. Oh, I'm on Easy Street now. Pardon my dust, losers.
The only people who lose are the ones who fall for it. Unfortunately people do :(
lyfbond

Post by lyfbond »

cool... perfect gift for christmas season. :lol: