Shrout, Winston

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Shrout, Winston

Post by Famspear »

phlippermerlin wrote: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:17 pmThey banned Johnny Sundae with nuts from the site. Is that what Shrout went to prison for, writing fake bonds? Shrout did lots of stuff. Fake bonds is what got him?
According to a government press release (and I'm paraphrasing), Winston Shrout was convicted of passing and submitting fake financial instruments to a financial institution and the U.S. Treasury, and of failing to file tax returns. The government asserted that he created and submitted over a thousand bogus financial instruments with the intent of defrauding financial institutions and the U.S. Treasury, and that he held seminars and meetings to market these fake financial instruments. The government asserted that Shrout also failed to file his Federal income tax returns for years 2009 through 2014, despite earning over $562,000 in connection with the scam.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
benlowrey
Swabby
Swabby

Post by benlowrey »

Is there a place where I could re-read all the fantastic Winston poems?
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

Here's something interesting. Shrout's appointed counsel (PD office) filed his initial brief on appeal recently. It includes the following note under the heading, "Custody Status:"
On March 1, 2019, this Court denied Mr. Shrout’s motion for release pending appeal. The district court’s previous order directed him to “surrender to FCI Sheridan on the first Monday following the denial.” CR 183. The Federal Bureau of Prisons’ website currently indicates that Mr. Shrout is “not in BOP custody.”
I'm beginning to think that Mr. Shrout might actually not be in custody.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

Winston Shrout is indeed a fugitive.

The DOJ has just moved to dismiss his appeal "because defendant is currently a fugitive, having failed to surrender to the Bureau of Prisons."
Uncle Sam wrote: According to the terms of the district court’s order, defendant was obligated to surrender to FCI Sheridan on the first Monday following the denial—that is, on March 4, 2019. (Docket No. 183.) Defendant failed to surrender as ordered. See www.bop.gov/inmateloc (as of March 20, 2019, Winston Shrout is not in custody). On March 5, 2019, the district court issued an arrest warrant. (Docket No. 189 (sealed document.)) Defendant was therefore a fugitive when he filed his opening brief on March 18, 2019.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

Prediction: he's just at home, and/or doing whatever he normally does on a Wednesday. He's going to claim that he didn't realize he was supposed to report to prison.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Possibly true, but I do find it odd that one court or the other hasn't said or done anything about it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

Gannibal wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 5:24 pm Prediction: he's just at home, and/or doing whatever he normally does on a Wednesday. He's going to claim that he didn't realize he was supposed to report to prison.
No surprises with this one then. Let's see how long he can stay on the lamb.

don't know why, but I keep imagining this:

[Source? http://www.cc.com/video-clips/6mvd9x/th ... m---oliver ]
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

So it's official, Winny has as of March 5, as they say fugitized.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Fugitated
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

From the govt's motion to dismiss the appeal:
According to the terms of the district court’s order, defendant was obligated to surrender to FCI Sheridan on the first Monday following the denial—that is, on March 4, 2019. (Docket No. 183.) Defendant failed to surrender as ordered. See www.bop.gov/inmateloc (as of March 20, 2019, Winston Shrout is not in custody). On March 5, 2019, the district court issued an arrest warrant. (Docket No. 189 (sealed document.)) Defendant was therefore a fugitive when he filed his opening brief on March 18, 2019.
As the district court found, defendant has repeatedly attempted to delay serving his sentence. (Docket No. 185.) Having exhausted those efforts, defendant has now chosen to defy the court. This is precisely the kind of “heads I win, tails you lose” gaming of the system that the fugitive disentitlement doctrine is intended to prevent. See Antonio-Martinez, 317 F.3d at 1093. As this Court has noted, “Those who invoke our appellate jurisdiction must take the bitter with the sweet. They cannot ask us to overturn adverse judgments while insulating themselves from the consequences of an unfavorable result.” Id. Because defendant has forfeited his right to seek review of his convictions by flouting the court’s authority and becoming a fugitive, this Court should dismiss his appeal with prejudice.
Every time some numbnuts like Shrout skips after getting a break from a judge, it makes it that much harder for someone who really deserves the break to get it.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

I wonder whether Winny is still somewhere inside the good ol' USA . . . .
Whoever moves or travels in interstate or foreign commerce with intent [ . . . . ] to avoid [ . . . ] custody or confinement after conviction, under the laws of the place from which he flees, for a crime, or an attempt to commit a crime [ . . . ] which is a felony under the laws of the place from which the fugitive flees [ . . . ] shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than five years, or both. [ . . . ]
--from 18 USC section 1073.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Excerpt, from The Oregonian:
Prominent tax dodger Winston Shrout, who was supposed to surrender to prison earlier this month, is now accused of dodging his 10-year prison sentence by failing to turn himself in to the federal Bureau of Prisons as ordered.

Shrout was supposed to start serving his sentence on March 4, the first Monday after the 9th Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals had denied his request to remain out of custody pending his appeal of his conviction and prison term. The appeals court upheld U.S. District Judge Robert E. Jones’ ruling that Shrout would pose a danger if he were to remain in the community.

The next day, federal authorities issued a warrant for Shrout’s arrest.

On Wednesday {March 20, 2019], a federal prosecutor urged the appeals court to dismiss with prejudice Shrout’s appeal because of his fugitive status. Dismissal with prejudice would mean he wouldn’t be able to file an appeal at a future date.

[ . . . ]

In his effort to remain out of custody pending the outcome of his appeal, Shrout’s lawyer had argued that Shrout was not likely to flee or endanger the community [ . . . ]
--from Maxine Bernstein, "Prominent tax dodger now dodging prison sentence, prosecutor says," March 20, 2019, The Oregonian, at:

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2019/0 ... -says.html
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Multiple choice. Winston Shrout is currently:

A. Hiding under his bed.
B. Driving around lost somewhere in the town of Sheridan, Oregon -- having trouble finding the Federal prison facilities, and about to run out of gas.
C. Half way to Costa Rica.
D. Hanging out with Angel Cruz somewhere, drinking mai tai's and swapping stories about all the people they scammed.
E. None of the above.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

[ . . . ] C. Half way to Costa Rica [ . . . ]
[see footnote]

Footnote: For those readers who are unfamiliar, this is a literary device known as a "pop culture reference." Actually, the entry arguably should be expanded to read: "Half way to Costa Rica with Nice Guy Eddie." For context, the reader is encouraged to locate and view the film Reservoir Dogs, directed by Quentin Tarantino (1992), produced by Lawrence Bender, and starring Harvey Keitel, Tim Roth, Chris Penn, Steve Buscemi, Lawrence Tierney, Michael Madsen, Edward Bunker, and Quentin Tarantino.

:)
ScottComstock
First Mate
First Mate

Winston Shrout failed to report to prison

Post by ScottComstock »

https://www.oregonlive.com/crime/2019/0 ... -says.html

A warrant has been issued for his arrest.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Yes, we know. There is a twenty-three page thread about Shrout, into which this one-post new thread is merged.
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

jonny sunday wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:31 pmSome of the things he discussed in his videos and seminars, which I bought many of and attended a seminar in Phoenix, work 100% of the time
Which things are those?
I spent a lot of time in court and in doing administrative processes and had multiple successes in criminal and civil court.
Cites?

After all, my great-aunt Tilly raises prize-winning tomatoes in her garden in the Sea of Tranquility.

ETA: the next time, a paragraph such as the one in the last post starting "I think it is sick" will result in the entire post being disapproved. We're not interested in your diseased imagination.
- David Hume
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

If Loseston is such a legal expert, and with victory guaranteed then why on earth would he run. The only plausible explanation is that his time is up, the cat is out of the bag, he has no special powers, and is going away for a long, long time, once the law catches up to him.

This isn't a result I would like to replicate.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Another batch of posts by and about jonny sunday (as opposed to Shrout) moved to jonny sunday's pearls of wisdom.
- David Hume
benlowrey
Swabby
Swabby

Post by benlowrey »

He’s not going to give any cites.
I was enjoying the bickering but now it feels pointless. Johnny Sunday is not going to change his tune and neither are we. Winston will get picked up. Johnny Sunday will continue to believe we’re a bunch of scumbags. nothing will change.