Charlie Sprinkle

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Charlie Sprinkle

Post by wserra »

Sprinkle was not a promoter. However, I got sick of his name popping up virtually everywhere as someone who "proved" that you didn't need a driver's license. When it came up at Q ten days or so ago, that was the last straw. I'm checking this out, I said, to show that either Sprinkle never filed such a suit or that it was an epic fail.

Sprinkle's version is in this video. He claims that, in 1975, he sued a whole bunch of CA officials "and their wives". In the video, he brags that, when they couldn't get the case dismissed, the CA lawyers privately asked him to at least discontinue against the wives. He refused. One evening shortly after, a black limo pulls up to his door, and a couple of guys beg him to withdraw the suit, and promise him that if he does he will never be bothered on the road again by anyone. So he discontinues, and the rest is history. Charlie wins, Miller time.

A google brings this stuff up over and over, frequently with the sort of embellishments usually encountered in a children's game of "Pass It On". For example, "Ticketslayer", a site frequently referred to in the usual numbnuts' hangouts, says:
In the early seventies Charlie forced then California Governor, Ronald Reagan to concede that God granted Charlie the right to travel freely (without a driver's license and vehicle registration) upon the public right of ways of California.
These guys unquestioningly retell the Sprinkle version. "First Amendment Radio" claims that Sprinkle
won a RICO lawsuit against the State of California, and the county for the abuse of those who travel by right.
RICO, now? Guess it sounds more impressive. This groyse chochem actually reproduces Sprinkle's complaint, claiming that it proves that
This is the law suit Charlie Sprinkle used to defeat the state of California in their attempt to extort money from him for "driving" without a license. Because of this suit, the state backed down and Charlie traveled in his automobile until his death some 40 years later without a "drivers license"
Groyse, baby, you really need to learn that what the litigant writes isn't law.

Anyway, if you google "Charlie Sprinkle", you see how far and wide this nonsense has spread. I couldn't take it any more. I knew that, if I looked into it, I would find that either (1) Sprinkle never filed such a suit, or (2) if he did, he lost, probably ignominiously. So: As I wrote above, he claims that, in 1975, he sued CA officials "and their wives". That part is true (noting, in passing, that there were not a whole lot of female public officials in CA in 1975). He did. 75cv13 (CACD). The rest is abject bullshit.

In point of fact, shortly after Sprinkle filed suit, about half of the defendants moved to dismiss for failure to state a claim. Not only did they win, but the Court sua sponte dismissed against all the other defendants who didn't move. The docket sheet, the Magistrate's recommendation to dismiss and the DJ's order adopting it and dismissing the entire case is here as a single pdf (hey, this is long before PACER).

I particularly like Sprinkle's response to the Magistrate's report and recommendation - see the 11-7-75 docket entry. It appears that he tried to charge the poor Magistrate with "treason" and "levying war against the US". It seems that didn't work.

Conclusion: Sprinkle was - and a lot of others are - garden-variety sovrun liars. I'm shocked.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Re: Charlie Sprinkle

Post by LPC »

wserra wrote:The docket sheet, the Magistrate's recommendation to dismiss and the DJ's order adopting it and dismissing the entire case is here as a single pdf (hey, this is long before PACER).
Thanks for spending the time (and money) to do this.

Because the case was in the 70s, I knew that the only way to get copies of the records was to pay someone to dig up the paper (or microfilm) and make copies. I wasn't willing to do that, but I'm glad you were.

Now, we need to create additional links to this thread, and those documents, so that people searching for "Charlie Sprinkle" have a chance of finding the truth as well as the BS.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
wserra

Post by wserra »

No problem. It was ticking me off.
- David Hume
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

I also appreciate you taking the time and effort to get this done Wes. However, I have no illusions that this will change any minds if it surfaces while they are looking for the real Charlie Sprinkle. As should be dreadfully apparent this could never have gained any traction with an intelligent mind, it would have been dismissed instanter, if not sooner, since it involved suing a sitting Governor for actions that would have been part of his position, and he would have enjoyed full immunity against suit. The other defendants would also have enjoyed immunity based on their positions. Also, any intelligent mind would have seen the suit involved suing the wives of said officials and the only thought would have been, what a scumbag. Alas, while I am appreciative of the action, I don't think this will do much to dispel the myth of Charlie Sprinkle.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
wserra

Post by wserra »

JamesVincent wrote:Alas, while I am appreciative of the action, I don't think this will do much to dispel the myth of Charlie Sprinkle.
James, I don't disagree. All we can do is to lead the horse to water. If the horse decides on Koolaid, it's on him.
- David Hume
pigpot
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Charles Sprinkle.

Post by pigpot »

So what's this about Charles Sprinkle. Real or not. Strange as I've read about him lately and he's not much discussed here. Anyone's thoughts upon the man and his activities.
Boaz. It's a little like Shazam. It certainly meant a lot to Billy Batson.
Nothing in this post is legal or lawful advice, it is only used for the sake of entertainment.
All "rights" are reserved by this poster.
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Charles Sprinkle.

Post by NYGman »

viewtopic.php?t=10228

Been There Done That
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I'm clueless so I had to be advised Sprinkles has been already covered. So I'm checking it out and plan to delete the topic and move the posts over to an existing discussion.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

pigpot wrote: Anyone's thoughts upon the man and his activities.
Yeah. Sprinkle was a liar.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
pigpot wrote: Anyone's thoughts upon the man and his activities.
Yeah. Sprinkle was a liar.
And a failure.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Wow, a twofer, and they say freeman never have any accomplishments. :snicker:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.