Stolen Valor fake jag officer front pomzi scheme to vets...

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Stolen Valor fake jag officer front pomzi scheme to vets...

Post by Gregg »

Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Re: Stolen Valor fake jag officer front pomzi scheme to vets

Post by eric »

Hmmm, I would suggest being a little pro-active (don't say threatening). I don't know US law but in Canada there are a couple of Criminal Code infractions directly related to this guy:
1. Impersonating a public officer;
2. Misleading use of a badge, decoration, or identity card.
Generally only used to take care of those misguided souls who impersonate decorated soldiers at memorials and to frighten sellers of military memorabilia and uniforms who become a little too blatant.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

There's a couple of things there. Stolen Valor involves the use military insignia or uniform to gain or profit by misrepresentation. If you pretend to be a vet to get something, even if it is just a military discount, then you are in violation of the Stolen Valor Act. I'm trying to remember but I believe there was something in the code that covered wearing devices and medals on anything but an actual uniform, except for the CMH. That one can be worn on anything, as it should be. Funny, he tried to get snazzy with you over OCS but the term Mustang is a Navy or Marine term for an enlisted that then becomes an officer, don't think it applies to the Coast Guard. At least I haven't heard but I never did much with the Coast Guard.

If nothing else he's a first class douchenozzle for trying act like Barney Badass, putting all that on a business suit, especially when they really don't mean a damn thing. I couldn't really see well but it almost looked like the Long Rifle device in one of the pics. Be interesting to see how a Coastie completed Army sniper training.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

JamesVincent wrote: If nothing else he's a first class douchenozzle for trying act like Barney Badass, putting all that on a business suit, especially when they really don't mean a damn thing. I couldn't really see well but it almost looked like the Long Rifle device in one of the pics. Be interesting to see how a Coastie completed Army sniper training.
I've seen a few US Coast Guard types who honestly earned that sniper decoration but they're kind of rare. The truth shall out - there used to be shooting competitions between the various US military academies and Royal Military College in Canada and as a ring knocker (derogatory term for RMC graduates) I personally observed a few USCGA people with the decoration, don't know how they earned it.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Cracker Jack box????
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
noblepa
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by noblepa »

Unfortunately, in the US, the Stolen Valor Act was declared unconstitutional in US v. Alvarez.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stolen_valor_act
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I thought that after that court ruling an updated version was passed to overcome the court's objections.

In any event, yes, a first class douchbag, and I dunno what kind of personal gain he may be getting, he is pictured somewhere with a veterans group at Yankee Stadium, but he is soliciting his legal advice among veteran websites and in person at veterans organizations.

The stolen valor act is probably the least of his worries, he's facing charges related to practicing law without a license and such.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Gregg wrote:I thought that after that court ruling an updated version was passed to overcome the court's objections.
You are correct , the Stolen Valor Act of 2013 was passed as a response to the SCOTUS ruling in US v Alvarez. It added a requirement that the false claim be made with the intention of obtaining money, property, or other tangible benefit - just the false claim alone is insufficient.
Chaos

Re: Stolen Valor fake jag officer front pomzi scheme to vets...

Post by Chaos »

BLAM!

Purported JAG Lawyer Linked To SVM Global Initiative Pleads Guilty To Unlicensed Practice Of Law And Offering A False Instrument For Filing

http://patrickpretty.com/2016/02/02/pur ... nt-filing/
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Re: Stolen Valor fake jag officer front pomzi scheme to vets...

Post by JamesVincent »

Looks like he pled out on the same charges in a different jurisdiction. Still up for grabs on an assault charge.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"