Marc Stevens

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Marc Stevens

Post by Gannibal »

Marc Stevens is currently facing an unauthorized practice of law complaint, an outgrowth of the research for this article: https://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm ... id=3400362

He hasn't discussed the complaint on his broadcast, so his victims don't know anything about it, but it's affecting his work. The few shows since he learned of the complaint have both been very different from his normal sales pitch.

Rather than marketing his incompetent legal advice, he's forbidden any discussion of real world cases and just rambled about philosophy. I think he's trying to create a belated record that that's all he does.

His show last Saturday (eight days ago) must have been the first one since he received notification of the complaint from the state. He changed his show format so quickly and abruptly that even his marks complained, and hilariously kept trying to drag him into more UPL.

He also whined vociferously about lawyers who launch such complaints. It was extremely amusing.

I don't have much faith that the state will do anything about him. I'm very interested that he seems unusually worried that they will.

I think he's faced UPL complaints before, but I don't know the details. My best guess would be that he tried to stay away from it for a long time, toeing an imaginary line in his head. And now he's realizing that he's been careless even by his own standards.
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Re: Marc Stevens

Post by Cpt Banjo »

What? No demand that the government prove the UPL laws apply to him?
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

So he’s gotta defend himself and everything?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Wouldn't happen to know where and which court? Couldn't happen to a more deserving slime ball, on top of being an arrogant ass. The interesting thing will be in seeing how he explains it to the judge and how he spins it to the marks/rubes/pluckees.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

It's just before the state bar now. They've directed him to submit a response, but I don't know if there's a deadline. Nor do I know if it's standard to require a response or if that's an indication that they're on a track to escalating.
notorial dissent

Gannibal wrote: Mon Mar 02, 2020 3:58 pm It's just before the state bar now. They've directed him to submit a response, but I don't know if there's a deadline. Nor do I know if it's standard to require a response or if that's an indication that they're on a track to escalating.
Which state?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

Arizona
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

Minor update - Stevens admitted to his audience on Saturday that he's facing a UPL complaint. He seems to think that he might lose his YouTube channel, and asked his followers to back up his videos for him. He did not give details about the complaint, but suggested that he knows who made it and misrepresented parts of it to his followers.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Gannibal wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:05 pmStevens admitted to his audience on Saturday that he's facing a UPL complaint.
Please give a time point. I really don't feel like listening to an hour of Stevens' whining bullshit.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent

I 'm still amazed he's lasted as long as he has. Considering how easily utubey gets their shorts in a twist over things that aren't things.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

wserra wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:38 am
Gannibal wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 8:05 pmStevens admitted to his audience on Saturday that he's facing a UPL complaint.
Please give a time point. I really don't feel like listening to an hour of Stevens' whining bullshit.
Sure. It's salted throughout the last few broadcasts, but I pulled a couple quickly:

https://youtu.be/K3M7uNEc2BA?t=68
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cm06X1I ... u.be&t=805 (about 13:40 if he pulls and reposts that latest show)
notorial dissent

What a whiney nasally irritating voice. From MA originally?
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

notorial dissent wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:36 am What a whiney nasally irritating voice. From MA originally?
We in MA do NOT have "whiney nasally irritating voices". Humph.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I just listened to a few minutes of Stevens's rant. I don't know where he is from; but he does not have any kind of accent which I hear anywhere in Massachusetts. For one thing, he pronounces his "Rs" in a way not usually done around here. At most, Stevens may have spent some time in this neck of the woods.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
wserra

Post by wserra »

Gannibal wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 1:47 amI pulled a couple quickly:
Thanks, but now I'm sorry I asked.

Q: What's Marc Stevens' favorite wine?

A: That nasty lawyer's out to get me!
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

Later in that episode he talk about being from Long Island; I think he also hams the accent up, but that's just a guess.

Not clear to me if he knows who filed the complaint or not. He's being unusually circumspect if he does; he's gone after people he hates personally and by name often enough in the past.

Still surprised this has had such an impact on his operation. It's been weeks now since he's tried marketing his bogus legal advice on-air.

But I think he might slip between the cracks again, as the AZ state bar probably has bigger concerns on its plate than him at the moment.
notorial dissent

Has Marvelous Marc ever really come face to face with the authorities over his scam? I know he's been thrown out of several court and hearing rooms, but I don't hearing any of it came to anything other than being forgotten.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:06 pm I just listened to a few minutes of Stevens's rant. I don't know where he is from; but he does not have any kind of accent which I hear anywhere in Massachusetts. For one thing, he pronounces his "Rs" in a way not usually done around here. [ . . . ]
My old joke about Boston is that there must be a big bag of all the unused "R"s stored somewhere in the city.

But, when my wife and I vacationed there in 1996, I found that about half the people there actually spoke English normally.

Well, not like people talk down here in Texas, which of course is the most normally normal you can have. But, you know, fairly normal. Know whut ah mean, pardner?

:Axe:

:whistle:
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

Famspear wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:11 pmWell, not like people talk down here in Texas, which of course is the most normally normal you can have. But, you know, fairly normal. Know whut ah mean, pardner?
Depends on which part of Texas you're talking about. The folks in far west Texas out by Levelland (never was there a truer town name) don't talk like the ones in the piney woods in east Texas, and the transplanted folks from the north who live in Dallas (and who aren't real Texans to begin with) don't sound a bit like the folks in the Valley down by Edinburg.

But we do pronounce our r's and seldom say "wicked", although we usually drop the final g from gerunds ("He was runnin' pretty fast for a fat guy.").
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Famspear wrote: Fri Mar 20, 2020 5:11 pm
Pottapaug1938 wrote: Thu Mar 19, 2020 3:06 pm I just listened to a few minutes of Stevens's rant. I don't know where he is from; but he does not have any kind of accent which I hear anywhere in Massachusetts. For one thing, he pronounces his "Rs" in a way not usually done around here. [ . . . ]
My old joke about Boston is that there must be a big bag of all the unused "R"s stored somewhere in the city.

But, when my wife and I vacationed there in 1996, I found that about half the people there actually spoke English normally.

Well, not like people talk down here in Texas, which of course is the most normally normal you can have. But, you know, fairly normal. Know whut ah mean, pardner?

:Axe:

:whistle:
Some Boston-accent people (mine is more Worcester, although I was born and raised next to the Boston city line), thanks to Mom's family) will add "Rs" where they don't belong. You've all heard the "pahk ya cah in Hahvahd Yahd" test; well, some people have come up with a better test: "hahdah than a ho-ah's heaht in Cuber." Those missing "Rs" get tacked on to the end of certain words. JFK talked that way.