$300,000 Income Tax Reward (Peymon Mottahedeh)

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: $300,000 Income Tax Reward (Peymon Mottahedeh)

Post by The Observer »

Arthur Rubin wrote: Wed Apr 27, 2022 3:38 pm Hiding income isn't usually a Tax Protester method, is it? More of a general con artist....
That depends on the sophistication and intelligence of the individual protester as well as what their financial circumstances will allow. If they are wage-earners and are reliant on having traditional banking accounts loans, credit cards etc., then trying to hide income is going to be very tough. If they are firmly footed in a self-employed position that can demand and receive cash, then that is a route a protester would follow more easily. For a con artist like Peymon, he is knowledgeable enough to know whether his marks are going to suffer at the hands of the IRS or other state taxing agencies once these victims share their financial status with him. Those who will are the ones that he collects cash up front and quickly from before their wages and accounts get tapped and they find out how bad Peymon failed them. I would not be surprised to learn that Peymon has a different plan to sell to those marks who might be in a better position to hide income.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

The Paradigm tax scheme, while very complex in its overall theoretical basis, was, at heart, really nothing more than window dressing for criminal tax evasion by hiding income from the government. The Paradigm followers claimed a legitimate belief in the legality of paradigm's bullshit interpretation of the Income Tax Act but judges and juries found otherwise.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

So the govt filed its answering briefs on March 29. Per FRAP 31(a)(1), appellant then has 21 days to file a reply brief. So the Mottahedehs' briefs were due April 19. Nothing. On April 26 - a week out of time - April files a motion to extend her time to May 29. Granted. Peymon files nothing.

May 29 comes and goes. On May 31 - again out of time - April files a second motion to extend, this time until June 14. Granted. Peymon again files nothing.

So Peymon's reply is now over six weeks out of time. Nonetheless, I bet that sooner or later he will file some nonsense, and the Ninth will accept it. I'm really tired of hearing about how courts are biased against pro se litigants.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

Peymon and April both filed reply briefs in the Ninth Circuit. I glanced at them.

Peymon apparently used a spell-check. Unfortunately for him, some spell-checks don't pick up grammatical errors, and his reply is filled with them. It also contains a few pages that are blank except for "Will be amended a few days alter (sic)". This must be a new amendment to FRAP 31(a)(1): appellant has 21 days to file a reply brief, unless it's not done then, in which case appellant may file a brief with blank pages and fill them in later.

Needless to say, once again neither Mottahedeh sees fit to use the "arguments" they sell to the marks. Instead, it's more of the same: "the IRS is a big meanie for estimating our income when we didn't file returns."
- David Hume
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I notice that Peymon's brief (I couldn't be bothered to look at April's brief) makes frequent reference to the "fact" that an allegation in a pleading, if not rebutted, must be accepted as true.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:22 pm "...(I coiuldn't [sic] be bothered to look at April's brief)..."
I looked and found what I had expected to see, mainly that April is trying to escape all of the collateral damage by claiming that the community property agreement between her and Peymon was ignored by the IRS during the audit and appeal process. She still claims she had nothing to do with the Freedom Law School/Freedom Church entities and that all of it belongs to Peymon since he started it before they had married and the prenuptial agreement posited against separate property being comingled with the joint property.

That is all fine and well, but parties to a prenuptial agreement have to abide by the terms of the agreement and keep separate property...well, separate. We have already seen that April was taking funds paid to the Freedom entities and deposited them into her separate credit union account. April's brief (which I presume was written by Peymon) claims that the language in the prenup allows for "inadvertent" or "unintentional" co-mingling and that any evidence that the government has presented showing co-mingling is simply an one-off event. I don't know what courts in the past have ruled on such instances and what factors may nullify boilerplate language such as this. Maybe the attorneys on this site could provide insight on this.

The point being, that if April is allowed to hide behind this clause, it will mean that Peymon could use her anytime he wishes to hide monies and assets flowing out of the Freedom units, and even if it is uncovered, they will just claim it was a mistake. I would hope that the government will argue that April benefitted from these "mistakes" since it has not just happened once, but several times. And as far as I can tell, neither of the Mottahedehs have provided any evidence that the inadvertent deposits were moved back to Freedom's control. My guess is that the "inadvertent" deposits just sat there until such time that April needed to pay debts for which either April or both spouses were liable.

To be sure, April has also requested that the Ninth include Peymon's worthless arguments in his brief as part of her filing. But I would hazard a guess that she is banking on the prenuptial argument as the only one that really has a shot of getting her off the hook.

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
juan galt
Swabby
Swabby

Post by juan galt »

For what it's worth. Peymon's YouTube channel, Freedom Law School, has been terminated this week. Don't know if my videos debunking him had anything to do with it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

And I am wondering if it has anything to do with the results of his appeal to the 9th.

juan galt
Swabby
Swabby

Post by juan galt »

I didn't know Peymon's appeal to the 9th has ended in a result. What was the result?
wserra

Post by wserra »

No result yet. The last entry in the docket is Payme's reply brief, filed July 6.
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

juan galt wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:53 pm I didn't know Peymon's appeal to the 9th has ended in a result. What was the result?
I was implying that perhaps there was a result due to the vanishing of Peymon's videos from Youtube. It was my clever but subtle way of getting wserra to check the docket.

wserra

Post by wserra »

The Observer wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:52 amIt was my clever but subtle way of getting wserra to check the docket.
Still nothing.
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I have no idea of what the average time that an appeals court gives on reading and deciding on filed briefs, but given the fact that the Mottahedehs' briefs seem to be easy enough to dispose of, I would think that the 9th has been very indulgent with the nonsense that Peymon has filed.

wserra

Post by wserra »

I was hoping for a Christmas present, but there is still nothing on the Ninth Circuit docket since the filing of the reply briefs.

Oh, well, Happy Holidays, everyone.
- David Hume
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Thanks for checking, Wes. And happy holidays to you as well.

But it is simply amazing to think that the 9th has given over six months of consideration to Peymon's fetid filings rather than spending a couple of hours writing up a rejection and moving on. Wait a minute - you don't suppose that Mottahedeh the scammer actually came up with a worthy argument that the 9th has to consider ruling in favor of?

Nah.

Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

wserra wrote: Sun Dec 25, 2022 1:33 pm I was hoping for a Christmas present, but there is still nothing on the Ninth Circuit docket since the filing of the reply briefs.

Oh, well, Happy Holidays, everyone.
To you as well; we apparently are a dwindling yet somehow determined band.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
juan galt
Swabby
Swabby

Post by juan galt »

The Observer wrote: Thu Sep 01, 2022 1:52 am
juan galt wrote: Sun Aug 28, 2022 1:53 pm I didn't know Peymon's appeal to the 9th has ended in a result. What was the result?
I was implying that perhaps there was a result due to the vanishing of Peymon's videos from Youtube. It was my clever but subtle way of getting wserra to check the docket.
Peymon has moved his Freedom Law School to Odysee and there is a new YT channel - Live Free Now - that has his videos.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

juan galt wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 12:30 am Peymon has moved his Freedom Law School to Odysee and there is a new YT channel - Live Free Now - that has his videos.
Thanks, juan. After checking out what Odysee was, the move seems to indicate that Peymon was looking to get to a video-site provider that would be less likely to censor or restrict his videos. Odysee is owned by LBRY which set up a decentralized network that would allow more latitude to their accountholders. It also provides a cryptocurrency site, which I imagine could provide Peymon a way of concealing his income that he gets from running his scams through Freedom Law School.

Whether the government could prevail through obtaining a court order that would require LBRY/Odysee to shut it down is interesting. Apparently due to the way that LBRY has used block chaining to protect owner content from being deleted, the best that they could do in complying a court order would be to delist the site so it couldn't be found through normal browsing or a Google search. The content would still be available to those who have the website address. And I am not sure that delisting would comply with such a court order.

wserra

Post by wserra »

So I check the Mottahedeh Ninth Circuit docket this morning, and see a new entry from last week. Could it at long last be the decision holding that Peymon's bullshit is, well, bullshit, even when it isn't the nonsense he sells to the marks? Nope. It's a motion to withdraw from one of the Tax Division lawyers, who is leaving DOJ. Oh, well, maybe next week.

But I bet that, if Mottahedeh sees it, he'll crow to the folks who don't know better that the guy was so scared of facing off against Peymon the Magnificent that he ran away.
- David Hume
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

wserra wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 1:19 pm But I bet that, if Mottahedeh sees it, he'll crow to the folks who don't know better that the guy was so scared of facing off against Peymon the Magnificent that he ran away.
Without providing a link to the actual motion.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt