Stilley, Oscar

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Stilley, Oscar

Post by wserra »

LPC wrote:it must have found Stilley guilty of something
Thirty-two things, to be exact. Here's the AP story, which doesn't say a lot more than that.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

More details here.

http://www.nwanews.com/adg/News/258454/

I'll get a copy of the 119-page court findings.
Demo.
jkeeb
Pirate Judge of Which Things Work

Post by jkeeb »

With that picture and history shouldn't he be called Oscar Silly?
Remember that CtC is about the rule of law.

John J. Bulten
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

jkeeb wrote:With that picture and history shouldn't he be called Oscar Silly?

Tsk. He looks like such a nice young man.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Stilley seems to practice law as if it were a chess game with seemingly interminable moves as opposed to a game like tennis where every swing has an outcome that quarters no slack or mistake in every swing.

I have little sympathy for the first approach.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
wserra

Post by wserra »

Demosthenes wrote:I'll get a copy of the 119-page court findings.
Any luck with that, Demo? TIA.
- David Hume
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

50 cents a page seemed extreme. I'm trying a different approach.
Demo.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Demosthenes wrote:50 cents a page seemed extreme. I'm trying a different approach.
Is there such a thing as black-market copies of court findings? If so, would it have an off-brand name printed on it, like PUCER?
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
wserra

Post by wserra »

The disciplinary committee has introduced new charges in the proceedings against Stilley's license, based on the conduct charged in the pending indictment concerning using escrow money for personal purposes.

Dan and I were discussing just that in the thread in the TP forum. It's good to see that the Arkansas DC reads Q.
- David Hume
LPC

Post by LPC »

wserra wrote:The disciplinary committee has introduced new charges in the proceedings against Stilley's license, based on the conduct charged in the pending indictment concerning using escrow money for personal purposes.
Which becomes moot if they disbar him on the original charges, because he can only be disbarred once.
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
wserra

Post by wserra »

LPC wrote:he can only be disbarred once.
Damn.

Given that it's Stilley, can't they make an exception?
- David Hume
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

Stilley appealed a federal court order imposing reciprocal discipline (suspension) after it was notified that Stilley had been suspended (pending disbarment) in Arkansas.

The Tenth Circuit upheld the suspension/disbarment, noting that the tax evasion conviction would furnish a separate ground for mandatory suspension/disbarment:

http://www.ca10.uscourts.gov/opinions/09/09-5090.pdf
wserra

Post by wserra »

Some places don't move too fast. Arkansas today disbarred Stilley.
- David Hume
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I would say closer to glacial.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
LPC

Post by LPC »

The Arkansas Supreme Court opinion can be cited as 2010 Ark. 418.

And, judging by the reasoning of the court, Stilley may have an action against himself for malpractice. Some brief quotes will illustrate some of the problems with Stilley's arguments:
Arkansas Supreme Court wrote:This argument reflects a fundamental misunderstanding on Stilley’s part about the nature of evidence.

Finally, while Stilley may disagree about whether the exhibits admitted by Ligon
constitute sufficient evidence to support the special judge’s specific findings, he has not
engaged in any meaningful analysis on this issue. In other disbarment cases, we have refused
to engage in a comprehensive review of the findings of fact where the respondent failed to
specifically challenge or contest them.

However, Stilley does not raise this as an argument on appeal, and we will not address issues that are not argued.

We will not second guess the special judge with respect to his findings on the merits of these arguments because Stilley has made no argument as to why the judge was in error. It is well settled that we will not address arguments that are insufficiently developed and lack citation to authority.

We decline to address Stilley’s argument on this point because he has not presented any evidence that he was prejudiced by the Committee’s treatment of the Marschewski and Tabor Complaints.
Get the picture? Stilley's arguments were full of conclusions but real short on actual facts and authorities.
Dan Evans
wserra

Post by wserra »

Stilley has filed an original motion in the Supreme Court (yes, of the United States) seeking an order directing DOJ and BOP to allow him access to Lexis/Nexis, a computer, the internet, office equipment and everything else his little heart might desire. In addition to obviously believing that he is somehow special, Stilley proffers his specialness as an added benefit to granting the motion: once his own work is done, Stilley will "will cheerfully occupy his time helping fellow inmates" with his new-found resources.

Let me see if I have this straight. Stilley is attempting to obtain original relief from a court of extremely limited original jurisdiction. He is unable to cite any prior instance of any court anywhere granting this relief, mainly because it's stupid beyond belief - what makes Stilley special? If he gets it, why doesn't every other federal inmate, at least those whose cases are still on direct appeal? But the crowning touch is what Stilley presents as an added incentive to give him what he wants - so he can help other inmates file similar meaningless blather.

My guess is "no".
- David Hume
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Not to mention the fact that the motion comes from a disbarred attorney who proved himself to be breathtakingly ignorant of what the law is and how to comprehend it. If I were in prison with Stilley, and he offered me his "assistance", I would look at what his "assistance" got himself, and go talk to someone else.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Isn't this the same legal genius who filed a Writ of Mandumbass at the SCT because he didn't like the rulings of the district court and he wanted the SCT to order the other court to do what he wanted???

Somehow I doubt they'll be any more impressed this time around.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

According to the Federal Bureau of Prisons web site, Oscar Stilley's projected release date has been changed from May 17, 2023 to June 21, 2023.

By contrast, Lindsey Springer's projected release date remains May 17, 2023.

Has Oscar been a bad boy in prison?
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
wserra

Post by wserra »

Probably refused to go on his work detail because the assignment lacked an OMB number.
- David Hume