Stilley, Oscar

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Montana Notasovrun
Cannoneer
Cannoneer
Location: I was turned loose somewhere in the middle of Montana

Re: Stilley, Oscar

Post by Montana Notasovrun »

Has Oscar been a bad boy in prison?[/quote]

He kicked a lieutenant. Probably lucky he didn't get more time tacked on.....but he'll have more opportunities.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Oscar Stilley's projected release date has been changed again. Now, it's July 15, 2023.

First it was May 17, then June 21, now July 15 of 2023. The goal post keeps moving away from him.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Gee, I wonder why!!:sarcasm:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Another goal post move. Oscar's projected release date is now September 1, 2023.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Projected release is now set for to September 12, 2023. He has been moved to the Federal Correctional Institution at Oakdale, Louisiana.
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

Who says there are no second acts in American lives:
https://www.kxan.com/news/texas-politic ... rtion-law/
The Washington Post reports Dr. Alan Braid faces a lawsuit after admitting he’d performed an abortion on a woman after the six-week period currently allowed by Texas’ recently adopted abortion laws. Texas’ Senate Bill 8 has been widely condemned by opponents, who say six weeks is so early into a pregnancy many people may not even realize they’re pregnant.
The man who filed the lawsuit is an Arkansas resident and former lawyer Oscar Stilley, the Washington Post reports. Stilley said he filed the lawsuit because he believes SB 8 — which allows individuals to sue those who aid in abortions for at least $10,000 — should face legal critique.

“If the state of Texas decided it’s going to give a $10,000 bounty, why shouldn’t I get that 10,000 bounty?” Stilley asked the post. He filed the lawsuit in Bexar County, Texas.

Stilley is currently serving a 15-year home confinement sentence after a tax fraud conviction, the Washington Post reports.
noblepa
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by noblepa »

If the court allows this lawsuit to go forward, it will be interesting to see how Texas lawmakers react to a convicted felon, in another state, currently serving time trying to cash in on their law.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

jcolvin2 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 10:31 pm Who says there are no second acts in American lives:
Stilley is in a halfway house:
BOP wrote:Name: OSCAR AMOS STILLEY
Register Number: 10579-062
Race: White
Sex: Male
Release Date: 08/10/2023
Located At: RRM Dallas
I saw this last night, but was too tired to post. Curse you, Red Baron.

ETA: I need to modify that a bit. BOP may list people in home confinement to the halfway house that supervises them. However, it's clear that Stilley didn't spend his whole sentence in home confinement, as some of the news coverage implies.
Last edited by wserra on Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Self-explanatory.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume