Hendrickson, Peter

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Hendrickson, Peter

Post by fortinbras »

Posted on the Tax Scams thread on June 12th, by Demosthenes (to whom we owe a debt of gratitude):

Court finally rules in Hendrickson appellate case
by Demosthenes on Thu Jun 12, 2008 2:57 pm

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/hendrickson_app37.pdf

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

In short: Hendrickson's appeal from a whopping tax deficiency judgment was rejected, with sanctions, and with the information that Hendrickson has previously done time for tax evasion and for attempting to firebomb an IRS facility.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Odd - who is "Charles K. Bassett?"
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

On or about November 6, 2008, Peter Eric Hendrickson was indicted on ten counts of violations of 26 USC 7206.

The charge is that for tax years 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006, Hendrickson filed Forms 1040 tax returns or IRS Forms 4852 (Substitute for Form W-2), or both, stating (under penalties of perjury) that he had received no wages in those years.

Hendrickson was arraigned on November 12, 2008. He pleaded not guilty, and was released on bond.

Trial is set for Tuesday, January 13, 2009, in the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, at Detroit.

USA v. Hendrickson
case no. 2:08-cr-20585-DML-DAS
US Dist Ct, E.D. Michigan (Southern Div.)
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

By court order on December 1, 2008, Hendrickson's criminal trial has been re-set to begin February 10, 2009.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:Odd - who is "Charles K. Bassett?"
Federal Express Flight Officer -- COLLIERVILLE, TN

Ron Paul supporter & donor

Fair Tax proponent.

There must be something strange in the air in the FedEx jet cockpits.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Nikki wrote:
Judge Roy Bean wrote:Odd - who is "Charles K. Bassett?"
Federal Express Flight Officer -- COLLIERVILLE, TN

Ron Paul supporter & donor

Fair Tax proponent.

There must be something strange in the air in the FedEx jet cockpits.
Interesting. Actually, like other highly-specialized people in some professions there are pilots I wouldn't count on to wire a three-way light switch, make a proper rue, saddle a horse or hang a door, let alone understand the tax code.

It reminds me of something Homer Simpson said about not having room for more knowledge unless other stuff was forgotten.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

A proper rue I believe would encompass an apology. Now if you're making gumbo, you need to make a proper roux.
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

On 29 January 2009, in Hendrickson's criminal case, Judge David M. Lawson disqualified himself.

On the same day, the case was assigned to Judge Gerald E. Rosen.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:By the time you all read this, it will be the day Uncle Petey goes to trial.
Don't think so. Even though there is no entry in the docket expressly adjourning the trial, here is the last one:
NOTICE of hearing on 18 Motion to Dismiss Indictment as to *Peter Hendrickson*. Motion Hearing set for 3/19/2009 02:00 PM before District Judge Gerald E Rosen (LSau) (Entered: 02/06/2009)
It seems unlikely that they would schedule a hearing on a pretrial motion after the trial.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

So it was you who zapped my post?
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
wserra

Post by wserra »

Doktor Avalanche wrote:So it was you who zapped my post?
Not me.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

wserra wrote:
Doktor Avalanche wrote:So it was you who zapped my post?
Not me.
All right, I believe you - but I do find it interesting that nobody else's post claiming today was the day got zapped as well.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Reminder: The hearing on the defendant's motion to dismiss the indictment was postponed from March 19, 2009 to May 14, 2009.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

In October 2009, the jury found Hendrickson guilty of 10 counts of filing false documents with the Internal Revenue Service in connection with income tax returns (Forms 1040) and false substitutes for wage statements (Forms 4852) for the years 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006. Hendrickson was found guilty of falsely reporting that he had received no wages in those years. Sentencing is set for April 19, 2010.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

On April 19, 2010, the Court sentenced Peter Eric Hendrickson to two years and nine months in prison, a $25,000 fine, close to $30,000 in restitution, and repayment of the cost of prosecution. Hendrickson will also serve six years of supervised release after his prison term. The exact amount of the restitution is yet to be determined, and the Court has delayed entry of the judgment of conviction until that amount is determined.

EDIT on May 28, 2010: The $30,000 restitution figure was changed to $15,672 in the actual judgment of conviction entered on the court's docket on May 25, 2010.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The April 19, 2010 judgment of conviction against Peter Hendrickson was docketed on May 25, 2010.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Peter Eric Hendrickson began serving his prison sentence on Tuesday, June 29, 2010, at the Federal Correctional Institution at Milan, Michigan.
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Unfortunately, there is no way in hell that the term "Correctional" will ever apply to Pete.

If the rest of society is fortunate, he will remain relatively non-violent.

A lot of that depends on his experiences in prison and with the various civil actions which are awaiting him after his release.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The Federal Bureau of Prisons web site indicates that Hendrickson was released from prison on June 13, 2012.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Highlights of Peter Eric Hendrickson’s federal criminal history.

First case. Hendrickson was indicted in October 1991. Pleaded guilty on March 3, 1992 to one count of willfully failing to file a federal income tax return and one count of conspiracy to place an incendiary device in the United States mail. United States v. Hendrickson, case no. 2:1991cr80930 (U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan). Sent to federal prison. Released on August 25, 1993 (inmate # 15406-039).

Second case. Hendrickson indicted in November 2008. In October 2009, a federal court jury found him guilty on all charges: filing false federal income tax returns (Forms 1040) and false substitutes for wage statements (Forms 4852) for the years 2000, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, and 2006, in connection with his use of his “Cracking the Code” tax scheme. United States v. Hendrickson, case no. 2:08-cr-20585-DML-DAS (U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan). He entered federal prison at Milan, Michigan, on June 29, 2010 (inmate # 15406-039). He appealed, but his conviction was affirmed by the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit on February 8, 2012 (docket no. 10-1726). He went to the U.S. Supreme Court, but the Supreme Court rejected his petition for writ of certiorari, and let his conviction stand, on June 11, 2012 (docket no. 11-1345). He was released from prison on June 13, 2012.

For details, see the Tax Protester Dossier for Peter Hendrickson (web site by Daniel B. Evans, Esq.), at:

http://tpgurus.wikidot.com/peter-hendrickson