Hovinds in the local news

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Hovinds in the local news

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

The U.S. District Court of Appeals 11th Circuit in Atlanta has given the U.S. Attorney's Office in Pensacola until Aug. 14 to respond to an appeal to overturn the conviction of Kent Hovind and his wife, Jo Hovind.

Kent Hovind is incarcerated at Edgefield Federal Correction Institution in South Carolina.

Jo Hovind is free on bond pending the appeal. She was sentenced to a year and a day in prison on 45 counts of evading bank-reporting requirements.
http://www.pnj.com/apps/pbcs.dll/articl ... e=printart
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Thule
Tragedian of Sovereign Mythology

Re: Hovinds in the local news

Post by Thule »

CaptainKickback wrote: More on this development as it evolves.
...or is created :roll:
Survivor of the Dark Agenda Whistleblower Award, August 2012.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

WorldNetDaily has a touching story on the Hovinds today.

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=106244

I'll just quote the parts I like.
FAITH UNDER FIRE
one of America's favorite biblical creation teachers
his videos were a delight to thousands, he hosted a radio program and he was in demand as a speaker 52 weeks a year.
known affectionately as "Dr. Dino,"
His diminutive wife, Jo, the bookkeeper
followers contend he was prosecuted because of his religious convictions – and because he was so effective in exposing what he calls "the big lie of evolution."
ministry was launched in 1989 with the aim of winning people to faith in Jesus Christ through debunking evolution
Evolutionary biologist Richard Dawkins, author of "The God Delusion," has refused to debate Hovind
Hovind argues he took a vow of poverty as a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ and, therefore, owns nothing
Kent Hovind was taken into custody as he prepared for staff devotions, while four armed agents surrounded Jo Hovind as she slept. The five-foot tall, 100-pound Mrs. Hovind said she was taken from the house in her nightgown despite pleas to use the bathroom and get dressed.
Sniff!
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

Hovind argues he took a vow of poverty as a minister of the gospel of Jesus Christ and, therefore, owns nothing
And therefore has no reason to complain if what he does not own is taken away.
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Prosecuted for his religious convictions?

What?

The conviction that he should not have to pay federal income tax on mountains and mountains of income because he felt he was toiling in the fields of the Lord?

What rubbish!

Kent Hovind is a crook. He collected huge sums of money and he stupidly and clumsily tried to evade Treasury reporting requirements imposed by Congress -- by law. Kent Hovind was prosecuted for his criminal ACTS, not for his religious convictions.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

One you won't want to miss, folks:
By Resurrection Pictures:
“Creation”—a humorous and tearful story of a high school biology teacher’s struggle to expose the lie of evolution, based on the life of creation evangelist Dr. Kent Hovind and written by Kevin Miller the writer of EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed is scheduled for production in 2010.
"Humorous"? "Tearful"?

If it's anything like "Expelled", "laughable" would be more like it.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Mr. Mephistopheles
Faustus Quatlus

Post by Mr. Mephistopheles »

wserra wrote:One you won't want to miss, folks:
“Creation”—a humorous and tearful story of a high school biology teacher’s struggle to expose the lie of evolution, based on the life of creation evangelist Dr. Kent Hovind and written by Kevin Miller the writer of EXPELLED: No Intelligence Allowed is scheduled for production in 2010.
"Humorous"? "Tearful"?

Oh great, a large portion of my family will be rushing to "a theater near you". Hmm, I guess it will be holidays with my wife's family again this year.
Quixote
Quatloosian Master of Deception

Post by Quixote »

based on the life of creation evangelist Dr. Kent Hovind
The frenzy to complete the fraudulant transfers of Hovind's business property could be exciting.
"Here is a fundamental question to ask yourself- what is the goal of the income tax scam? I think it is a means to extract wealth from the masses and give it to a parasite class." Skankbeat
tracer
Order of the Llama - Senior Division

Post by tracer »

wserra wrote:One you won't want to miss, folks:
"Humorous"? "Tearful"?

Well, it's now April 2011, and while there are several movies titled "Creation" that show up in an imdb.com search, this movie is conspicuously absent among them.

We may never see the life story of Kent Hovind, the (cough cough) valiant crusader for the Truth [TM], in a theater or drive-in near us.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Kent E. Hovind has been transferred to the "Administrative Maximum (ADX)" facility of the Federal Bureau of Prisons in Florence, Colorado.

According to the Bureau of Prisons' web site, ADX "houses offenders requiring the tightest controls." However, the ADX also "supervises a minimum security satellite prison camp (outside the secure perimeter of the ADX) that houses male offenders..." (I don't know exactly where Hovind was placed.)

Hovind is inmate number 06452-017, and is scheduled for release on August 11, 2015.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
wserra

Post by wserra »

It's hard to believe that BOP would find it necessary to give Hovind a precious SuperMax bunk. I go with the camp.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

So they're going to send Dr Dino to Florence? That is just too big of a giggle to believe. The only thing Dr D is a threat to is pulp species and himself and his family. They're going to waste the kind of money it takes to house someone there on the likes of him. That is just beyond ludicrous. Not to mention that it isn't exactly the safest place to get sent as it is. Unbelievable!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Jozef Bleaux

Post by Jozef Bleaux »

wserra wrote:It's hard to believe that BOP would find it necessary to give Hovind a precious SuperMax bunk. I go with the camp.
Maybe so, but that's where he's at:

http://www.bop.gov/iloc2/InmateFinderSe ... &x=47&y=14

and I don't buy that minimum security at Florence hokum on BOP's website.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Jozef Bleaux wrote:I don't buy that minimum security at Florence hokum on BOP's website.
???

http://cryptome.org/eyeball/admax/admax-eyeball.htm

The current population tally for each of the four complexes.

FLORENCE ADMAX USP 446
FLORENCE USP-CAMP 550
FLORENCE FCI 1,202
FLORENCE HIGH USP 922

Hovind's mailing address from http://www.drdino.com/legal/
Kent Hovind #06452-017
FPC Satellite Camp Florence
P.O. Box 5000
Florence, CO 81226 USA
Demo.
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

I was told (and I believe the source) that you could tell the super-max section from the air because it doesn't have soccer and baseball fields. 8)
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three