Mottahedeh, Peymon

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Hyrion
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Mottahedeh, Peymon

Post by Hyrion »

Famspear wrote:EDIT 2: For some reason, I still can't come up with a limerick for Peymon Mottahedeh.
Here's a canadian rhyme that would kinda fit:
  • pay man, what a head, eh?
Of course, I'm assuming how his name is pronounced and don't know for sure.... literary license.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

EDIT 2: For some reason, I still can't come up with a limerick for Peymon Mottahedeh.
"My name is Peymon Mottahedeh,
but my day in court was no heyday.
I made a brilliant appeal,
but the judge said 'big deal'.
Now the tax man is coming on pay day."
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

The Mottahedeh's appeal to the 9th circuit is apparently underway:

22039-11
Peymon Mottahedeh & April Mottahedeh
(T.C. Memo 2014-258 -- Judge Morrison)
(Order and decision entered 1/28/15 -- Judge Morrison)
9th Circuit 5/6/16 Taxpayer v. Commissioner
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

The Observer wrote:The Mottahedeh's appeal to the 9th circuit is apparently underway:

22039-11
Peymon Mottahedeh & April Mottahedeh
(T.C. Memo 2014-258 -- Judge Morrison)
(Order and decision entered 1/28/15 -- Judge Morrison)
9th Circuit 5/6/16 Taxpayer v. Commissioner
The Court of Appeals Docket Number is 16-71381.

On May 17, 2016, an order to show cause was issued by the Ninth Circuit regarding the non-payment of the filing fee. The Mottahedehs have 21 days to either file a motion to proceed in forma pauperis or pay the $500 filing fee to the Tax Court.
jcolvin2

Post by jcolvin2 »

The 9th Circuit Appeal was dismissed as premature by order dated 9/26/2016. Apparently no final decision document was entered in the Tax Court:

UNITED STATES COURT OF APPEALS
FOR THE NINTH CIRCUIT
PEYMON MOTTAHEDEH and APRIL
MOTTAHEDEH,
Petitioners-Appellants,
v.
COMMISSIONER OF INTERNAL
REVENUE,
Respondent-Appellee.
No. 16-71381
Tax Ct. No. 22039-11
ORDER
Before: WARDLAW, CALLAHAN, and N.R. SMITH, Circuit Judges.
Appellee’s motion to dismiss this appeal as premature is granted (Docket
Entry No. 8). See Fed. R. App. P. 13(a)(1)(B) (filing of timely motion to vacate
Tax Court decision tolls time to file notice of appeal) and 14 (provisions of Fed. R.
App. P. 4 do not apply to appeals from Tax Court). Appellants’ request to stay this
appeal or to dismiss with instructions for later reinstatement is denied (Docket
Entry No. 10). Accordingly, this appeal is dismissed.
DISMISSED.
jcolvin2

Post by jcolvin2 »

Mottahedeh and Freedom Law School provide William Waller with support/legal defense at his criminal tax trial, to no avail:

http://quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.p ... 41#p280036
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

jcolvin2 wrote: Sat Oct 12, 2019 3:33 pm Mottahedeh and Freedom Law School provide William Waller with support/legal defense at his criminal tax trial, to no avail:

http://quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.p ... 41#p280036
Peymon's legal track record being what it is, I would presume zip all, should have been a warning, but Peymon talks a good game even though he never seems to be able to come through. I had kind of thought/hoped he had gone on to some other scam since the lawyerin' wasn't turning out so well for him. I guess it is true what they say, they just never learn.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

For Peymon, this is a business and how he makes money off people. He will not give it up since he has nothing to fall back on. Of course one may wonder why a person who cannot conjure a win for their own tax issues still has followers willing to give him money for their tax issues. The explanation was provided a long time ago by Phineas T. Barnum.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
jcolvin2

Post by jcolvin2 »

The Observer wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:45 pm For Peymon, this is a business and how he makes money off people. He will not give it up since he has nothing to fall back on. Of course one may wonder why a person who cannot conjure a win for their own tax issues still has followers willing to give him money for their tax issues. The explanation was provided a long time ago by Phineas T. Barnum.
The peculiarly American confluence of Barnum's "there's a sucker born every minute" and Lincoln's "you can fool some of the people all of the time."
notorial dissent

jcolvin2 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:17 pm
The Observer wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:45 pm For Peymon, this is a business and how he makes money off people. He will not give it up since he has nothing to fall back on. Of course one may wonder why a person who cannot conjure a win for their own tax issues still has followers willing to give him money for their tax issues. The explanation was provided a long time ago by Phineas T. Barnum.
The peculiarly American confluence of Barnum's "there's a sucker born every minute" and Lincoln's "you can fool some of the people all of the time."
Particularly when they want to be fooled.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

notorial dissent wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 9:34 pm
jcolvin2 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:17 pm
Particularly when they want to be fooled.
I read an article, when I was a teenager in the 60s, written about conmen; and one of them, also a professional gambler, was quoted that you had to make the mark WANT to give you his money. He'd work the transatlantic trade; and when he was invited to play cards, he'd decline, saying that he was a professional gambler. Of course, this made the marks drool at the chance of going up against one of them; and after the marks had drooled enough, the pro would clean them out.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent

There is a difference between warning them beforehand though, the gambler, and flat out lying to them like Peymon and the rest do, but I see what you mean.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

The warning was part of the hustle -- it made the marks MORE eager, rather than less, to play cards with the gambler.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent

Pottapaug1938 wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:32 pm The warning was part of the hustle -- it made the marks MORE eager, rather than less, to play cards with the gambler.
True, but he wasn't lying to them to start with, he came right out and told them he was going to be taking their money. Peymon lies all the way through.