Schiff, Irwin

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Schiff, Irwin

Post by fortinbras »

The Nov. 7, 2013 court decision, reprinted above, can now be cited as 544 Fed.Appx 729, 112 AFTR2d 6755.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Fogbow/Peter J Reilly are reporting that Irwin Schiff has been diagnosed with lung cancer.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

What a shame. Lung cancer is a slow, painful way to go.

:sarcasmon:
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

The Federal Bureau of Prisons web site indicates that Irwin Schiff passed away on October 16, 2015.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Schiff had to take the "down" elevator at the Pearly Gates. As St. Peter explained to him, the final reward is only for corporate prophets.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Irrespective of anything else, the loss of any life is sad.

RIP Irwin.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I don't know if Irwin had filed any recent litigation in regards to his situation, the last one seems to be in 2013. If so, I wonder if, over the last two or so years, Irwin mentally gave up in admission that he wasn't going to win. I am confident that Irwin still believed he was right, but realized that he was never going to prevail.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff