Glenn Richard Unger DDS

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Glenn Richard Unger DDS

Post by fortinbras »

wserra wrote:As a matter of fact, Dr. Sam has made a real-life video of exactly how to accomplish this. It worked like a charm.
I clicked on what I thought was a link to Youtube, instead it turned out to be an MP4 file - which says it will take 2 hours to download!! PLEEEEEEASE, is there an easier way to see this man make a fool of himself??!
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

notorial dissent wrote:Yeah, but for some strange reason, I always thought the idea was to convince the judge and jury that you were innocent, not a certified whack job guilty on all counts??? Maybe just me. But think of all the fun he can have doing appeals now, and claiming ineffectiveness of counsel??
The overwhelming outcome of other cases is that, if the judge suitably warned the defendant of the very substantial risks of going bareback, and he did it anyway, and at various times it was made known to him that he could wear his own clothes in front of the jury, etc., and he persisted in doing this stupidity, the result is No mulligans. The trial and sentence stick.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

The video file is about 27 megs. Two hours? What are you using, a 1200 baud modem?

And you can always open it in a player, so that (once it buffers) it downloads while you watch.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Without going back over the thread - did he get a Faretta eval?

The video is one of the best(?) examples of magical thinking that I've seen or witnessed.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
wserra

Post by wserra »

The prescient docket entry from October 15 of last year:
FARETTA HEARING as to Glenn R. Unger held 10/15/2013 bef Sr. District Judge Thomas J. McAvoy in Albany, NY: APP: AUSAS Ransom Reynolds & Jeffrey Bender for Govt; Pro Se Deft Glenn Unger w/ AFPD George Baird present; CR: T. Casal; CRD/mp. Deft present in open court. Court inquires regarding deft's wish to have counsel & continues his assertion that he fired his attorney & stands by that decision. Court further advises deft re: his conduct at trial & cautions deft that his failure to follow the rules will result in the loss of his right to defend himself. Deft will be removed from the courtroom & AFPD Baird will take over representation. Deft Unger will be permitted to watch trial via video-feed to his jail cell.
Emphasis supplied.

As I said, Judge McAvoy's been around.
- David Hume
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

With enormous effort got the file to show a SILENT video of the court proceedings. Would appreciate some guidance on squeezing out a normal video version.

In the period while this case was plodding along, this legal genuis filed his own lawsuit in the DC federal court, In re New York ex rel. Glenn Richard Unger (DDC, Oct. 28, 2013) 990 F.Supp.2d 6, in which he identified himself as "glenn richard of the Holy temple in Christ Jesus appearing specially at superior jurisdiction (non-corporate)" and asked the court to deal with "the ongoing state of insurrection and judicial anarchy directed against the supreme court for the fourth judicial district of New York..." This was not the federal court in Albany where he was on trial, so I am not entirely clear on what his point was. The DC court "cannot decipher" his pleadings, and invokes its authority to "dismiss claims that are essentially fictitious ... for example, where they suggest bizarre conspiracy theories ... or fantastic government manipulations...."
wserra

Post by wserra »

fortinbras wrote:With enormous effort got the file to show a SILENT video of the court proceedings. Would appreciate some guidance on squeezing out a normal video version.
Sorry you're having problems. Keep at it, it's worth seeing.

If you're using Windows Media Player, it's garbage. VLC is open-source, small, powerful, easy to use and free. I know it will play this clip, sound and all, because it's what I used.
- David Hume
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

wserra wrote: Sorry you're having problems. Keep at it, it's worth seeing.

If you're using Windows Media Player, it's garbage. VLC is open-source, small, powerful, easy to use and free. I know it will play this clip, sound and all, because it's what I used.
Works well with VLC, I never use anything else.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I agree Media Player is garbage. I used to use VCL too but moved to PotPlayer, a free player developed in Korea.

http://potplayer.daum.net/

Handles just about any video format great. No problem with the Unger video. Wikipedia says;

Features

PotPlayer has several features, including, but not limited to:[3]

Ability to play and stream most video and audio formats

Ability to play incomplete or damaged AVI files (by skipping the damaged frames)

Can remember where the user left off in a video and resume

Keyboard shortcuts for most tasks, including seeking, volume, zoom, brightness, contrast, and even subtitle resyncing

Subtitle support, including SAA and ASS support as well as embedded subtitles in MKV, OGM, MP4, MOV and 3GP files

Users can choose different skins for different types of files, make the windows transparent, and hide the window border when playing

Video filters, like deinterlacing, video post-processing and noise reduction for customized playback

Audio equalizer and lets users adjust the brightness, contrast and hue of the video

Reception[edit]Xenon Magazine wrote "the whole concept of this multimedia player is to be able to play smoothly any media file you throw at it without the help of any audio or video codec packs installed on a Windows PC." [...] "If you are to use it for your multimedia files on your Windows PC (or notebook) – there is no other player out there that could match its stability and versatility".[4]

Lifehacker chose PotPlayer as the "Best Video Player for Windows", saying, "For its great performance, high number of features, and ability to play just about anything, we recommend PotPlayer for all your video playing needs."[3] PotPlayer was also chosen by Lifehacker readers as the third most popular Blu-ray playback suite.[5]

Giorgiana Arghire, writing for Softpedia, noted that, "PotPlayer gives its users great control over its functions [...]", concluding, "PotPlayer is a comprehensive multimedia software that plays movies and display subtitles in a seamless way, without asking too much input from users, unless they specifically want to personalize it to their liking and modify its default settings." She gave it a rating of 4.5 out of 5.[2]

Elena Santos, writing for Softonic, noted that PotPlayer "is yet another video player that stands out for an impressive list of supported formats and a bunch of configuration settings", and gave it a rating of 8 out of 10.[6]
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Thanks for the advice. I downloaded the Potplayer and was able to hear the entire Unger video. It's pretty dry until about 3:45 when Unger becomes downright waspish about the way his case has fallen apart. I notice that the judge refers to him as Mister Unger instead of as Doctor.

As the video comes to its end the judge is about to quote from Justice Black in the Supreme Court's majority opinion in Illinois v. Wm. Allen (1970) 397 US 337 at 346-347, 25 L.Ed.2d 353, 90 S.Ct 1057 (a case centering on whether a pro se defendant can be removed from the courtroom because of his disruptive behavior, even though this removes him from the very trial he is conducting):
It is not pleasant to hold that the respondent Allen was properly banished from the court for a part of his own trial. But our courts, palladiums of liberty as they are, cannot be treated disrespectfully with impunity. Nor can the accused be permitted by his disruptive conduct indefinitely to avoid being tried on the charges brought against him. It would degrade our country and our judicial system to permit our courts to be bullied, insulted, and humiliated and their orderly progress thwarted and obstructed by defendants brought before them charged with crimes. As guardians of the public welfare, our state and federal judicial systems strive to administer equal justice to the rich and the poor, the good and the bad, the native and foreign born of every race, nationality, and religion. Being manned by humans, the courts are not perfect and are bound to make some errors. But, if our courts are to remain what the Founders intended, the citadels of justice, their proceedings cannot and must not be infected with the sort of scurrilous, abusive language and conduct paraded before the Illinois trial judge in this case. The record shows that the Illinois judge at all times conducted himself with that dignity, decorum, and patience that befit a judge. Even in holding that the trial judge had erred, the Court of Appeals praised his "commendable patience under severe provocation."

We do not hold that removing this defendant from his own trial was the only way the Illinois judge could have constitutionally solved the problem he had. We do hold, however, that there is nothing whatever in this record to show that the judge did not act completely within his discretion. Deplorable as it is to remove a man from his own trial, even for a short time, we hold that the judge did not commit legal error in doing what he did.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

One thing to watch for in Potplayer. Sometimes when I turn it on there is no sound. If that happens to you check the control bar. It has the word "mute" on the bottom right. This is normally grey but if sound is off it will be lit up blue. Just click on it once and it will go back to grey and the sound will be on. No idea why this happens to me, isn't often. Proably something I do. It takes one second to fix if you know what the problem is.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

I love this guy, I wish there was some more video of him, that was a very entertaining 7 minutes. I love how he seems to think that Notaries seem have magical powers.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

He does seem to have all sorts of delusions, and they change from moment to moment.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

One thing with VLC and the reason I will stay with it. Not only does it do all the great things you list with potplayer (which I had looked at before) it will allow you to speed up or slow down the audio to sync it with video if you have a file that is not in sync. You don't run into it too often but I have had videos that were slightly out of sync and it was annoying as crap. You can go into VLC's controls and slow it down or speed it up until the video matches the audio and it will remember what you changed it to for that video. I've used VLC for years and have yet to find anything it can't handle.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Glenn Richard Unger, inmate # 20191-052, is still at the Allenwood Low Federal Correctional Institution, near Allenwood, Pennsylvania. His projected release date has been changed from January 13, 2020 to February 6, 2020.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
wserra

Post by wserra »

A couple of months ago, the Second Circuit dismissed Unger's appeal for failure to prosecute. Since he was pro se at trial, in the absence of a request for appointed counsel (which Unger never made), he is also pro se on appeal. He never filed a brief.

End of story.
- David Hume
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Unger was released by the Federal Bureau of Prisons on Friday, December 13, 2019 (a little early, actually).
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet