Glenn Richard Unger DDS

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Glenn Richard Unger DDS

Post by Demosthenes »

Aka Dr. Sam Kennedy.

Just thought he deserved a thread...
Demo.
Demosthenes

Re: Glenn Richard Unger DDS

Post by Demosthenes »

NEW YORK JUDGMENT AND LIEN FILINGS

Debtor Information
Name: UNGER, GLENN R
Address: 5 SOUTHSIDE DR STE 122
CLIFTON PARK, NY 12065-3870
SARATOGA COUNTY

Creditor Information
Name: INTERNAL REVENUE SERVICE

Filing Information
Filing State: NEW YORK
Filing Date: 8/4/2009
Amount: $116,410
Property Attached: Block: 01171; Lot: 03410
IRS Serial Number: 567537509
Certificate Number: 567537509

Filing 1
Filing Number: 2009027714
Filing Type: FEDERAL TAX LIEN
Filing Date: 8/4/2009
Filing Court: SARATOGA COUNTY CLERK
Filing County: SARATOGA
Filing Office: NY
Demo.
nortski

Post by nortski »

Demosthenes wrote:Aka Dr. Sam Kennedy.

Just thought he deserved a thread...
lol definately! :)
penny2

Post by penny2 »

Where is the additional information about Mr. Unger?

I would like to read what he did
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Thanks to Prof for bringing the news on this.

Glenn Richard Unger, alias Dr. Sam Kennedy, was indicted on December 19, 2012, by a Federal grand jury in the Northern District of New York.

Case number 1:12-cr-00579-TJM.

Details to follow.....
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

OK, Glenn Richard Unger was indicted as follows:

Count 1
26 USC 7212(a), attempting to interfere with the administration of the internal revenue laws (obstructing and impeding the IRS);

Counts 2, 3, 4 and 5
18 USC 287, false claims for refund;

Count 6
26 USC 7201, tax evasion;

Count 7
18 USC 514(a)(2), fictitious obligations.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

I've just added the following to the Wikipedia article on the Sovereign citizen movement:
On December 29, 2012, dentist Glenn Richard Unger, alias "Dr. Sam Kennedy," was arrested in Ogdensburg, New York, after having been indicted by a federal grand jury ten days earlier, on one count of attempting to interfere with the administration of the internal revenue laws under Internal Revenue Code section 7212(a), four counts of filing false claims for tax refunds under 18 USC section 287, one count of tax evasion under Internal Revenue Code section 7201, and one count of uttering a fictitious obligation under 18 USC section 514(a)(2). He is charged with filing more than $36 million in fraudulent federal income tax refund claims. On January 2, 2013, a federal prosecutor asserted in a court hearing for Unger that Unger was a danger to the community and that Unger had stated that he would rather die than become subject to the government. Unger has been identified as a leader of the sovereign citizen movement. The indictment alleges, among other things, that in June 2011 Unger submitted false documents with the Clerk's Office of Saratoga County, New York, in an attempt to release a $116,410.43 federal tax lien against him, for taxes and penalties for years 2004, 2005, and 2006. "The Sovereigns: Leaders of the Movement," Intelligence Report, Fall 2010, Issue # 139, Southern Poverty Law Center, at http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/i ... e-movement . Roger Dupuis, "Who is Glenn Richard Unger?", Jan. 20, 2013, ''Daily Courier-Observer'' (Massena & Potsdam, New York), at http://www.mpcourier.com/article/201301 ... /701209960 . Indictment, Dec. 19, 2012, ''United States v. Unger'', case no. 1:12-cr-00579-TJM, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of New York. The Federal Bureau of Investigation began looking at Unger in the spring of 2010, in connection with the now-defunct group called the Guardians of the Free Republics, when the FBI was investigating letters that had been sent by that group to the governors of all fifty states, demanding that all governors resign within three days. Prosecutors also allege that Unger filed no valid federal income tax returns between 1999 and 2005. The trial for Unger has been set for March 4, 2013, in the U.S. District Court at Binghamton, New York. Roger Dupuis, "Who is Glenn Richard Unger?", Jan. 20, 2013, ''Daily Courier-Observer'' (Massena & Potsdam, New York), at http://www.mpcourier.com/article/201301 ... /701209960.
(citations are in footnotes in the Wikipedia article).

See:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sovereign_citizen_movement
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Under Count 1 of the indictment, the grand jury alleges that Unger was involved in 14 separate false claims for federal tax refunds, including one on March 21, 2008, for $35,000,150.00.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

The indictment itself is here. However, the govt's motion for detention contains much more detail, including the portion of the detention hearing transcript in which Unger questions whether the M-J has the "jurisdiction" to hold him.

Remind us, Sam - er, Glenn - where are you now?

A few days ago, Unger reconsidered his desire to be pro se. As a result, like many other tax cheats before him, the costs of Unger's representation are now picked up by other people's taxes.

Does anyone else here think that the Court has no jurisdiction to provide Unger free legal services?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

wserra wrote: Does anyone else here think that the Court has no jurisdiction to provide Unger free legal services?
I think that would be poetic justice, but then we follow the same slope we did talking about free speech. I feel the same about sov'runs when they come to court. They don't want to acknowledge the court etc but we pay to have someone represent them. Using tax payer money to defend people who refuse to pay taxes or to participate in the nation's system is kind of a slap in the face.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

The court is obliged to offer him free legal representation ... IF he is poor enough to qualify.

The fact that he apparently claims to be so poor as to qualify for a court appointed lawyer sort of undermines his other claims of being rich by means of his tax resistance.
GlimDropper
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by GlimDropper »

I honestly wish every person who paid for Dr. Sam's "technology" could watch him in action in a courtroom and compare it to how he said he'd deal with a judge in his sales pitch for the Sam Kennedy Unleashed lecture series.

Dr. Sam doesn't need an attorney, he can just arrest the Judge's bonds and be done with it. He carries the commercial energy, not them. All he needs to do is explain that he is one of the sovereign people and the Judge will turn red and flee the court. After all the One Supreme Court is anywhere he plants his two feet and appearing in sovereign capacity, he will not enter into any corporate jurisdiction.

Prison maybe, but corporate jurisdiction? Never.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

GlimDropper wrote:I honestly wish every person who paid for Dr. Sam's "technology" could watch him in action in a courtroom and compare it to how he said he'd deal with a judge in his sales pitch for the Sam Kennedy Unleashed lecture series.....
The linked web page falsely identifies Dr. Sam Kennedy as being an "attorney at law". The bozo speaking in the recording (who is presumably Glenn Unger, a/k/a Sam Kennedy) confidently begins to pontificate about what he apparently believes to be the difference between an "attorney" and an "attorney at law" and, based on a brief listen to the first few minutes of the audio, I see that this blowhard claims that he has knowledge about this subject -- knowledge of which he feels real attorneys are not aware.

:roll:

I can't wait to see this wackadooster "perform" in court in his own criminal trial.

Sometimes I believe that God created blowhards like Glenn Unger and Pete Hendrickson and Larken Rose and L.B. Bork just to provide me with endless hours of entertainment.

:twisted:
Doc Bunkum
Scamologist General (MLM Division)

Post by Doc Bunkum »

From the local paper...

Who is Glenn Richard Unger?
By ROGER DUPUIS
SUNDAY, JANUARY 20, 2013
Federal prosecutors portray the former Potsdam orthodontist as an armed and reclusive anti-government tax cheat who was involved in a 2010 letter campaign to intimidate state governors, and who harbored a small arsenal inside a rented town of Lisbon home, from high-powered assault rifles to a handgun under his mattress.
Court documents made public last week only add to the complex picture of a wanted man who reportedly surrendered quietly when approached by state police, then identified himself to troopers a short time later as a 1922 silver dollar.
Identified himself to troopers as a 1922 silver dollar? :whistle:
It was only in court on Jan. 2 that Mr. Reynolds revealed where Dr. Unger was living when he was arrested: 10097 State Highway 37, in the town of Lisbon along the St. Lawrence River outside Ogdensburg.

Mr. Reynolds said he rented a post office box in Clifton Park, Saratoga County, and had his mail collected and forwarded to the Lisbon address by an unnamed male who never wrote Dr. Unger’s real name on the parcels.

Deed records show the Lisbon home is owned by Nathan D. Lovely of Potsdam, who purchased the single-family dwelling in 2006. Efforts to contact Mr. Lovely were unsuccessful.

Scott Akins, who lives immediately downhill overlooking the St. Lawrence, told a reporter he believed Dr. Unger began renting the home about a year-and-a-half ago. But Mr. Akins didn’t often see the new neighbor in the cluster of homes that is a mix of seasonal and year-round residents.

“He struck me as odd, very reclusive,” Mr. Akins said of Dr. Unger.
Well, now we know where he lives - at least for the moment.

Sounds like the State Pen might be his next mailing address.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The trial has been rescheduled for June 11, 2013, and the place of trial has been changed to Albany, New York.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Doc Bunkum wrote:Identified himself to troopers as a 1922 silver dollar?
Obviously an attempt to pass himself off as lawfully redeemed money.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article ... 544002.php
A former orthodontist from Columbia County considered an "elder" in the anti-government sovereign citizen movement must undergo a psychological examination while he remains charged with committing several federal tax-related felonies.
A judge ordered the exam for Glenn Unger, 61, following a competency hearing Thursday in U.S. District Court.
A report is expected to be filed following the evaluation.
The order came after Unger filed a hand-written, cryptic letter to Senior Judge Thomas J. McAvoy dated May 17. In the letter, Unger referred to himself as "deceased" and claimed the judge was "hereby named, nominated, appointed and confirmed as Trustee for the purpose of paying all taxes" under sections of law quoted by the defendant.
Demo.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

A former orthodontist from Columbia County considered an "elder" in the anti-government sovereign citizen movement must undergo a psychological examination while he remains charged with committing several federal tax-related felonies.
A judge ordered the exam for Glenn Unger, 61, following a competency hearing Thursday in U.S. District Court.
A report is expected to be filed following the evaluation.
The order came after Unger filed a hand-written, cryptic letter to Senior Judge Thomas J. McAvoy dated May 17. In the letter, Unger referred to himself as "deceased" and claimed the judge was "hereby named, nominated, appointed and confirmed as Trustee for the purpose of paying all taxes" under sections of law quoted by the defendant.
Soon to be a major motion picture.......

Night...... of the Sovereign Dead....

:shock:
wserra

Post by wserra »

Demosthenes wrote:The order came after Unger filed a hand-written, cryptic letter to Senior Judge Thomas J. McAvoy dated May 17.
The letter is your basic sovrun writ of mandumbass. The judge just wanted to foreclose a later claim that Unger was incompetent, and that the Court should have sua sponte ordered a competency exam.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

So it turns out that "Dr. Sam Kennedy", who has been much quoted in sovcit circles, is a few marbles short his quota. More important, perhaps, is that a determined plan of not paying taxes still didn't leave him enough money to hire a lawyer.