Glenn Richard Unger DDS

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Re: Glenn Richard Unger DDS

Post by Lambkin »

Demosthenes wrote:I did not know this.

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article ... 417823.php
As a child, Glenn Unger danced on Broadway and drew the attention of Fred Astaire.
The one-time child star in "The Music Man" on Broadway, where he played the role of Winthrop Paroo, received the maximum time under federal sentencing guidelines.
Wow, I wonder if that's when he learned to be a con man. If he'd tried tap dancing in court it might have turned out better. The dance he did was more like jumping off a Marshall stack into a mosh pit (and nobody caught him either).
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

http://freakoutnation.com/2014/04/22/ch ... s-diatribe

I must be a prison warden. I have a 1922 silver dollar incarcerated in a 2x2 holder, not too far away from where I sit.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Not sure what happened; I thought I had posted a report on Unger's sentencing, but I don't see it. At any rate, on April 21, 2014, Unger was sentenced to eight years in Federal prison.

See Robert Gavin, April 21, 2014, "'Sovereign citizen' quotes Bible, touts Maury Povich at sentencing," Albany Times-Union, at

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article ... 417823.php

The timing was a surprise, as an earlier report had said sentencing would not occur until June.

EDIT: Ok, I see. Demo had posted the story here. I'm thinking of something I did at another web site.

This is what happens when you get old.......
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Post by rogfulton »

Just found another article at latest.com. There isn't any new material but thought that there can't be enough links to stories reporting how wrong he is.

It is fittingly posted on their LOONS tab.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Glenn Richard Unger is inmate #20191-052, and is scheduled for release on January 13, 2020.

Curiously, the Federal Bureau of Prisons shows him as not being in custody. Perhaps he is still at the county jail in Troy, New York. However, a recent docket entry indicates that some mail that was sent to him at the jail address was returned undelivered -- and the envelope reportedly indicated that he was no longer at that jail address. Maybe he's in the jail, but refused to accept the mail????

His public defender has filed a notice of appeal.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Glenn R. Unger, inmate # 20191-052, is now held at the Brooklyn Metropolitan Detention Center at Brooklyn, New York. Projected release date is January 13, 2020.
Unidyne
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Former child actor turned Sovrun goes to prison

Post by Unidyne »

Glenn Unger, one-time budding Broadway child star turned orthodontist, is now facing federal prison time for tax evasion & fraud.

http://latest.com/2014/04/former-child- ... e=Outbrain

He even made the SPLC list (scroll to bottom of page):

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/i ... e-movement
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Re: Former child actor turned Sovrun goes to prison

Post by wserra »

"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

In 1962, Glenn Unger sang and danced on Broadway in The Music Man, in the role done in the movie version by Ron Howard.

I can find on Lexis and Westlaw no paperwork from the case that just convicted him and sentenced him to 8 years, but ...
on Oct. 28, 2013, the US District Court for DC issued a memorandum opinion in the case titled "In re People of the State of New York ex rel Glenn Richard Unger" (docket: Misc. 13-1205 (Judge James E. Boasberg)).

The 6 sentence opinion begins: Pro se Plaintiff Glenn Richard Unger has filed a lengthy pleading that the Court cannot decipher. Plaintiff refers to himself as "glenn richard of the Holy temple in Christ Jesus appearing specially at superior jurisdiction (non-corporate)," and he labels his pleading a "Confession of judgment in lieu of complaint"......

which is a heck of thing for a plaintiff to submit. The memorandum opinion immediately gets very tedious about the fact that since his filing is incoherent and evidently the result of a disordered mind it must be dismissed.

If anyone can conjure up a copy of that lengthy but incoherent pleading or anything that Unger submitted in the criminal trial, it may be worth reading.
wserra

Post by wserra »

fortinbras wrote:If anyone can conjure up a copy of that lengthy but incoherent pleading
OK, fortinbras, you asked. Enjoy the 157 typed pages, 7.2M of gibberish. You now get to summarize it for us.
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

I'm merging this into the old Unger thread.
- David Hume
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

wserra wrote:OK, fortinbras, you asked. Enjoy the 157 typed pages, 7.2M of gibberish. You now get to summarize it for us.
Whew! It reads like a combination of something from Firesign Theatre and The Beatles' Revolution 9 -- except, not nearly as coherent.

:|
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Sixty-three year old Glenn Richard Unger, inmate # 20191-052, is now at the Allenwood Low Federal Correctional Institution, near Allenwood, Pennsylvania. Projected release for January 13, 2020.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Reading his voluminous (and rambling) collection of documents (interrupted every dozen or so pages with a notary's stamp), I notice a few things:

(1) This is uncommonly well-typed for a pro se pleading. Because his text is always perfectly justified on the right margin, I deduce that it was done on a word processor, but he uses it as if it were a typewriter - underlining, but no italic nor different sizes nor changes of font nor special characters (not even the ones easily done with any PC, like left and right quote marks) and only a few instances of boldface, which seems to me a little odd. Interspersed are some previous out-of-court documents in which Unger had managed to use all those options.
(2) Unger has almost no inclination to emulate the style of real legal pleadings, although I am pretty sure that he's been on the receiving end of several.
(3) Unger has been confined, possibly by his own volition, for far too long, with nothing but a Bible and an ancient legal encyclopedia (I would guess the first edition of Corpus Juris or maybe the Century DIgest) whose coverage stopped before 1950.
(4) Clinically, Unger does not have both oars in the water.
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

fortinbras wrote:Because his text is always perfectly justified on the right margin, I deduce that it was done on a word processor, but he uses it as if it were a typewriter -
In legal automation, this sometimes known as "glass typewriter" syndrome.

I have gotten documents from other lawyers in word processing (i.e., MS Word) format, and am always surprised to see competent lawyers using secretaries (or word processing departments, if there still are such things) who never use styles, use tabs to create columns (or even indented text), use hard carriage returns to create spaces between paragraphs, and other similar abuses of word processor technology. (I'm also surprised by lawyers sending out word processing files, and not PDFs, but that's another story.)

One of the worst I ever saw was a letter from an architect and, when I tried to print it, I realized that the "headers" at the top of the pages were not headers at all, but paragraphs inserted into the text (the page numbers were not "fields" but were typed in), with carriage returns before and after to make the "header" appear at the top of the printed page. (Of course, my printer was somewhat different and so the "headers" wound up scrolling through each page.)

I was also impressed by a lawyer who somehow got a copy of the official form of petition for filing in court and didn't realize (or didn't care) that the court had gone to the trouble of making the form a "fillable" PDF, which could be filled in using Adobe Acrobat. So he (or his secretary) printed it out, scanned it, filled it in with crayon (at least that's what it looked like), and mailed it to the court clerk (who then had to scan it because all filings are required to be electronic). (And filled it in wrong, of course, but that's also another story.)
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I was still amazed at the notarization every so many pages, followed by the cert from the state SOS. I still don't know what that was all about other than a waste of time and paper, unless he was doing that dross in chunks and figured each bite sized chewy chunk had to be notarized. Admittedly my eyes had started to glaze over, but it seemed like all he did was just repeat more or less the same sovrunidjit pseudo legal mumbo jumbo pretend religious nonsense over and over. I know he made some claims in there somewhere, I'm almost positive I saw some, I can't say they made a whole lot more sense than any of the rest of it did, I think they were there. I'm not sure if I ever figured out what the rest of it was about other than him suing??? the court for not being a court or some such, was much too deep for me. All I can figure is that he must have tried to file something and the court rejected it, probably for being more of the same gibberish, and now he's trying again.

Did the court actually accept this or is this just something he filed? If they actually accepted it, I can't imagine what they'd actually do with it.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

LPC wrote: In legal automation, this sometimes known as "glass typewriter" syndrome.

I have gotten documents from other lawyers in word processing (i.e., MS Word) format, and am always surprised to see competent lawyers .... use tabs to create columns (or even indented text), use hard carriage returns to create spaces between paragraphs, and other similar abuses of word processor technology. (I'm also surprised by lawyers sending out word processing files, and not PDFs, but that's another story.)
C'est moi.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

LPC wrote: (I'm also surprised by lawyers sending out word processing files, and not PDFs, but that's another story.)
Especially those with the revision history intact....
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
wserra

Post by wserra »

Do you feel overwhelmed by the myriad decisions that life in the modern world requires you to make? Do you yearn to awake every morning with all your decisions made for you? Is all you want to be sheltered, fed three times a day and told what to do?

Well, Dr. Sam Kennedy has the solution for you. First, scam the govt, your patients, your fellow dentists, anyone you can. Second, when indicted for it, go pro se. Refuse to consider a plea. When brought to trial, insist on wearing jail greens in front of the jury, even though the Court will give you real clothes. Babble meaningless nonsense about things like "notary presentments" and how you "rest on the counterclaim". Ignore the judge. Finally, make a speech to the jury about how you're being railroaded that you know will get you thrown out. That will pretty much guarantee you the amenities of the above paragraph. For eight years.

As a matter of fact, Dr. Sam has made a real-life video of exactly how to accomplish this. It worked like a charm.

See ya in 2020, Doc.
- David Hume
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Yeah, but for some strange reason, I always thought the idea was to convince the judge and jury that you were innocent, not a certified whack job guilty on all counts??? Maybe just me. But think of all the fun he can have doing appeals now, and claiming ineffectiveness of counsel??
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.