Glenn Richard Unger DDS

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Glenn Richard Unger DDS

Post by notorial dissent »

So, in other words, Unger isn't going to get to act out and throw temper tantrums in court, and if he won't play nice, he'll have to go stand in the corner, or in this case his jail cell separated by a closed circuit feed of the trial. Sounds to me like the judge pretty well shut him down except for participating in the trial. An equitable solution for someone who was intending to cause as much distraction as he could, while single handedly punching holes in the bottom of his leaking dingy.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Nothing new on PACER, but this from the Albany Times-Union. It appears as though Unger is refusing to participate, which pretty well guarantees a conviction.

Not that he had much of a chance anyway. But I don't get it: why not just plead guilty? At least that way, you get the acceptance of responsibility adjustment.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent

Wasn't he one of the "you don't have my permission" crowd in some fashion?

I think it basically boils down to he has his fingers in his ears going la la la la at this point.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Hard to argue that Dr. Unger isn't a front-runner for the Ed Brown Of The Year Award (or more popularly known as an "Eddy.")
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Jury: Sovereign citizen 'elder' guilty of tax crimes
By Robert Gavin
Updated 4:34 pm, Monday, October 21, 2013
Glenn Unger, 62, could only watch the verdict via video from a cell in the Rensselaer County jail. Unger's antics during the four-day trial before U.S. District Court Senior Judge Thomas McAvoy convinced the judge last week to boot Unger from the courtroom, where he had been representing himself.
http://www.timesunion.com/local/article ... 914139.php
Demo.
notorial dissent

That was quick, I hadn't expected a verdict quite this soon. Guess the court showed Unger that it did have authority over him and DIDN'T need his permission after all.
wserra

Post by wserra »

An order Judge McAvoy signed yesterday:
The Clerk’s Office shall preserve a copy of the video tape recording of the court proceedings of October 16, 2013 in the above referenced matter which depicts the Defendant’s conduct immediately before he left the courtroom during the trial. The video tape shall be appended to the record.
I'm going to try to get a copy. Hopefully it's digital, and not literally a tape.
- David Hume
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

Jury was a bunch of wimps. They didn't even hold out for the free luinch.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

wserra wrote:I'm going to try to get a copy. Hopefully it's digital, and not literally a tape.
Try to get the part where he turns himself into a coin.
When State Police arrested Unger in St. Lawrence County on Dec. 29, he identified himself as a "1922 silver dollar coin."

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

The Observer wrote:
wserra wrote:I'm going to try to get a copy. Hopefully it's digital, and not literally a tape.
When State Police arrested Unger in St. Lawrence County on Dec. 29, he identified himself as a "1922 silver dollar coin."
Not just a 1922 silver dollar coin -- but a "dead" 1922 silver dollar coin.

:thinking:
:?
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
notorial dissent

Famspear wrote:Not just a 1922 silver dollar coin -- but a "dead" 1922 silver dollar coin.

Well, that makes it all better then. Shame the mean nasty old judge didn't pay any attention.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Famspear wrote:
The Observer wrote:
Not just a 1922 silver dollar coin -- but a "dead" 1922 silver dollar coin.

Gee -- I have one of those on my desk as I write. I wonder if it's him?
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Gee -- I have one of those on my desk as I write. I wonder if it's him?
If so it's the most brilliant jailbreak in history. Don't turn your back on it.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
wserra

Post by wserra »

Sentencing now scheduled for March 10, 2014. Working on the video.
- David Hume
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Sentencing re-set for June 9, 2014.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Why the change, any idea?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

JamesVincent wrote:Why the change, any idea?
On February 12, the prosecutor requested the postponement (and the defense attorney agreed) because the pre-sentence investigation had not been completed by the Probation Department.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Famspear wrote:
JamesVincent wrote:Why the change, any idea?
On February 12, the prosecutor requested the postponement (and the defense attorney agreed) because the pre-sentence investigation had not been completed by the Probation Department.
Guess they are still trying to determine as to how long a dead coin can be sentenced.

Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article ... 417823.php
Glenn Unger, a former Columbia County orthodontist turned "elder" in the anti-government sovereign citizen movement, was sentenced to eight years in prison on Monday, six months after he was convicted of trying to scam the Internal Revenue Service of more than $36 million.

Unger, toting a Bible, went into graphic detail about death of Jesus, quoted from Exodus and made references to "baby mamas" and talk show host Maury Povich. Senior Judge Thomas McAvoy imposed the sentence.
Demo.
Demosthenes

Post by Demosthenes »

I did not know this.

http://www.timesunion.com/local/article ... 417823.php
As a child, Glenn Unger danced on Broadway and drew the attention of Fred Astaire.
The one-time child star in "The Music Man" on Broadway, where he played the role of Winthrop Paroo, received the maximum time under federal sentencing guidelines.
It is a fall from grace for a man who, in addition to his lengthy career as an orthodontist, was a child star on Broadway, according to Unger's attorney, Assistant Federal Public Defender George Baird.

He explained that in addition to "The Music Man," Unger was in a Broadway tribute to Astaire that Unger's sister, Ronnie, starred in as well.

"After the show, Fred Astaire met Glenn and told him that Glenn was a better dancer at age 10 than he was," the lawyer said. He wrote that Unger and his sister "sang, danced and acted on and off Broadway, in television and film."
Demo.