Simkanin, Richard Michael

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Prof
El Pontificator de Porceline Precepts

Re: Dick Simkanin

Post by Prof »

McBryde is not to be trifled with under the best of circumstances. Or, as someone once said, you just don't tug on Superman's cape.
"My Health is Better in November."
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

Gregg wrote:Damn, I'm almost sorry that he didn't get to rule on Pete's series of motions to reconsider denied motions to reconsider rulings.......

Yeah, I can pretty much guarantee from what I've heard of McBryde, that Pete would have been toast long ago in his court. McBryde wouldn't have put up with the nonsense Pete kept filing.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Re: Simkanin, Richard Michael

Post by Famspear »

On July 2, 2010, Simkanin was sentenced to an additional 79 months in prison after violating the terms of his release.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Richard Simkanin, inmate # 30383-177, is now at the Federal Correctional Institution at Fort Worth, Texas.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

If memory serves, Simkanin was thumbing his nose at the IRS for a very long time.

It's somewhat distressing that TP's like him can get away with it for years and years while the average 'joe' can be beaten into submission in a matter of months with an audit over a mistake.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Topics merged.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Simkanin has been moved to the Federal Transfer Center of the Federal Bureau of Prisons in Oklahoma City.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Richard M. Simkanin is now incarcerated at the Beaumont Low Federal Correctional Complex at Beaumont, Texas.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Simkanin's projected release date is March 18, 2016.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

As it turns out, Simkanin will be leaving prison within the week .... in a coffin. He died within the last two days, at age 67. If he had complied with his parole officer's requirements, he could have died a free (relatively) man.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

But it was probably just his strawman.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Omne
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Omne »

Famspear wrote:Simkanin's projected release date is March 18, 2016.

He got out early after all.

VICTORY!
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

My condolences to his family.

They've already suffered enough at his hand and now they have to deal with the loss of a father, husband, and friend.

He may have been a major league TP jerk, but he was still a human being and left loved ones behind.
Noah
Exalted Parter of the Great Sea of Insanity

Post by Noah »

Nikki wrote:My condolences to his family.

They've already suffered enough at his hand and now they have to deal with the loss of a father, husband, and friend.

He may have been a major league TP jerk, but he was still a human being and left loved ones behind.
Amen....
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Has Simkanin's passing been mentioned by any of the paytriots? Or does he still remain one of those unfortunate losses that they don't like to talk about anymore. I'm not sure which is worse - Simkanin dying in prison or suffering the fate of being forgotten by the very folk who egged him on to get into this mess.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

The Observer wrote:Has Simkanin's passing been mentioned by any of the paytriots? Or does he still remain one of those unfortunate losses that they don't like to talk about anymore. I'm not sure which is worse - Simkanin dying in prison or suffering the fate of being forgotten by the very folk who egged him on to get into this mess.
I googled it when I read it here and they are definitely talking about it. Sounded like some kind of heart problem.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

There's also been the usual conspiracist nonsense that he was 'suicided' to keep him from spreading THE TRUTH
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

I just feel sorry for the poor stupid bastard. Didn't live long enough to figure out he could be wrong. I really expect Petey to go the same way eventually, also never admitting he could have made an error (which is why he's behind bars).
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The thing though is that Simkanin, Schiff, and Petey, are convinced they are RIGHT and everyone else is wrong, so the likelihood of them ever admitting otherwise is pretty much slim and none. I've watched the thing with Simkanin for most of the time it has been going on, and from the very start he determined for himself that he wasn’t required or couldn’t be required to withhold for his employees, and in the how many years has this been going on, no one has been able to get it across to him that he had to, and as a result, he lost his business, first to his son, and then as I recall to the economy, and finally he himself went to prison where he ultimately died still clinging to his delusion. I’ve heard various reasons about where he came up with his conclusions, but I still think it boils down to him not wanting to part with any more money than he had to, and I suspect that he would have pulled something similar about paying his employees if he could have figured out some way of getting them to work for free.

I don’t see any likelihood of any of the remainder of the above group suddenly growing some sense and getting with reality, so I very much expect that the remaining two, and several more not listed will probably grow old and die in the prison system.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

A letter written by Simkanin a few months after he was reincarcerated:

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/SimkaninLetter.pdf

It's fairly depressing and pathetic stuff.
Demo.