Simkanin, Richard Michael

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Simkanin, Richard Michael

Post by Famspear »

Sixty-five year old Richard Michael Simkanin (Federal Bureau of Prisons register # 30383-177) is scheduled to be released from Federal prison (Texarkana Federal Correctional Institution) tomorrow - Saturday, June 19, 2010.

See also:

http://tpgurus.wikidot.com/richard-simkanin
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Nikki

Re: Simkanin, Richard Michael

Post by Nikki »

And is scheduled to begin speaking on the TP / Sovereign / anti-government circuits immediately thereafter.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Nikki wrote:And is scheduled to begin speaking on the TP / Sovereign / anti-government circuits immediately thereafter.
I'm shocked.
:shock:

Here's a link to the article on Simkanin in Wikipedia:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Richard_Michael_Simkanin
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

The Federal Bureau of Prisons now shows Simkanin as having been released on June 18, 2010 (Friday), which was one day early.

Victory!
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Dick Simkanin back in prison already.

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/simkanin349.pdf
Demo.
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Dick Simkanin

Post by Demosthenes »

After seven long, miserable years in a federal prison, Dick Simkanin was finally released on June 18, 2010.

Less than a week later, and he's back in for violating the terms of his release.

http://www.cheatingfrenzy.com/simkanin349.pdf
Demo.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Dick Simkanin

Post by notorial dissent »

And anyone is surprised in the least?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

I wonder what he did (or didn't do) to get himself back in the Pokey. And what took him so long? I mean, he was out for five days!

:roll:
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

He's getting old and slow?????
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Famspear wrote:I wonder what he did (or didn't do) to get himself back in the Pokey.
According to his P.O., he failed to report. Moreover, when reached by telephone, he said he wouldn't be reporting because "you and I both know it's voluntary" - y'know, like paying taxes and withholding from your employees.

What a maroon.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Pirate Purveyor of the Last Word

Post by . »

7 years in the slammer.

Still in his own little world where his special magic words don't work.

"I release you from any responsibility for supervising me" might work on planet Van Pelt but doesn't cut much ice with the US Probation Office or any federal judge.

Nor is he a good fugitive. Took one whole day to catch him.

Tighten up your tinfoil 'till it hurts, tiny warriors!
All the States incorporated daughter corporations for transaction of business in the 1960s or so. - Some voice in Van Pelt's head, circa 2006.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Looks like he is held in the jail of Parker County, Texas; that would be in Weatherford, Texas, I presume. That would be just west of Fort Worth.
LOBO

Post by LOBO »

So i take it 5 days is the over/under for how long it will take Petey to last once his supervised release starts?
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

This thread really belongs under "I Keep Thinking That They Can't Be Any Dumber". Judge McBryde will not be amused.
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

. wrote:"I release you from any responsibility for supervising me" might work on planet Van Pelt but doesn't cut much ice with the US Probation Office or any federal judge.
That's pretty good. Maybe Pete Hendrickson and other wackadoosters should adapt that approach: "I release you, the Federal Bureau of Prisons, for responsibility for incarcerating me for two years and nine months following my felony tax convictions." Or, "I release you, the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan, from responsibility for ordering me to be incarcerated for civil contempt for failure to obey your orders."

:whistle:
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

&^%$#@!

Send him to a pelican scrubbing station.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
ashlynne39
Illuminated Legate of Illustrious Legs

Post by ashlynne39 »

Cpt Banjo wrote:This thread really belongs under "I Keep Thinking That They Can't Be Any Dumber". Judge McBryde will not be amused.

Judge McBryde is not amused by much. He is the federal judge that those who practice in the Northern District of Texas hope not to get if their client is not the government. He's also the judge who years ago barred women lawyers from wearing pants in his court. I don't think that lasted too long though. I've not been in his court but the grapevine is strong.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

ashlynne39 wrote:
Cpt Banjo wrote:This thread really belongs under "I Keep Thinking That They Can't Be Any Dumber". Judge McBryde will not be amused.

Judge McBryde is not amused by much. He is the federal judge that those who practice in the Northern District of Texas hope not to get if their client is not the government. He's also the judge who years ago barred women lawyers from wearing pants in his court. I don't think that lasted too long though. I've not been in his court but the grapevine is strong.
Apparently, Judge McBryde was not amused......
....the court has determined that the term of supervised release imposed on defendant should be revoked and that defendant should be sentenced to terms of imprisonment of three (3) months as to each of 3-27 counts and one (1) month as to each of counts 28-31, all to run consecutively, for an aggregate term of imprisonment of seventy-nine (79) months, and to serve terms of supervised release......
----Judgment of Revocation and Sentence, July 2, 2010, docket entry 358, United States v. Richard Michael Simkanin, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Texas, case no. 4:03-CR-188-A (bolding added).

Ouchhhh!!!!!
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Damn, I'm almost sorry that he didn't get to rule on Pete's series of motions to reconsider denied motions to reconsider rulings.......
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
wserra

Post by wserra »

Simkanin's original sentence is 60 months. He is out for a few days, and gets violated, not for a new crime, but for failure to report. He then gets hit on the violation for seventy-nine months.

That's a mega-whack. Yes, Simkanin is a class-A idiot, but that's a lot of time. Remember what I said in another context about judges not appreciating having their orders ignored?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume