I apologize, but Schiff -- again

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Nikki

I apologize, but Schiff -- again

Post by Nikki »

in case anyone has lost track of him, it appears that Irwin has too much time on his hands in prison.

He's currently involved in a collections due process case in Tax Court -- 21322-07L.

For those not familiar with TC docket numbers, the '-07' means that the original petition was filed in 2007. So, this case has been kicking around for just under three years.

If anyone is truly interested in what's going on, they'll have to visit the Tax Court in Washington to look at the documents. However, an excerpt from one of the documents available via the Court's docket inquiry service reveals absolutely nothing surprising:
On March 22, 2010, petitioner submitted a document entitled "MOTION TO IMPOSE RULE 11 SANCTIONS ON RESPONDENT AND TO STRIKE `FALSE AND FRAUDULENT' CLAIMS FROM ITS RESPONSE TO PETITIONER'S CROSS-MOTION FOR SUMMARY JUDGMENT" .

The Court had that document filed as petitioner's motion to deem stricken "false and
fraudulent" claims of respondent in respondent's response to petitioner's cross-motion for summary judgment (petitioner's motion) .

The Court notes that Rule 11, Tax Court Rules of Practice and Procedure, does not provide for the imposition of sanctions .

In petitioner's motion, petitioner continues to make certain statements, contentions, and/or arguments that the Court finds to be frivolous and/or groundless .
Irwin continues to beat the same dead horse, oblivious to the fact that there is absolutely no chance that the decomposing corpse will reanimate and carry him to victory.
Harvester

Re: I apologize, but Schiff -- again

Post by Harvester »

Nikki! Thanks for your support. Schiff did very well, petitioning to get on the ballot, but alas didn't win the primary in a crowded field. Stay tuned. And STAND TALL WARRIORS!

[Moderator: link redacted]
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Irwin continues to beat the same dead horse, oblivious to the fact that there is absolutely no chance that the decomposing corpse will reanimate and carry him to victory.
And oblivious to the fact that he is pushing his CDP from the Hotel Graybar, oblivious to the fact that every court he has ever been in has never ruled for him and oblivious to the fact that he is going to lose again.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Harvester wrote:......Schiff did very well, petitioning to get on the ballot, but alas didn't win the primary in a crowded field......
Either Harvester missed something or I missed something.

Or Harvey was trying to make a "funny".....

Irwin Schiff hasn't petitioned to get on a ballot, anywhere, Harvey. At least not to my knowledge.

His son, Peter Schiff, did make an unsuccessful try for the Republican nomination for the U.S. Senate from Connecticut this year.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

Harvester wrote:Nikki! Thanks for your support. Schiff did very well, petitioning to get on the ballot, but alas didn't win the primary in a crowded field. Stay tuned. And STAND TALL WARRIORS!
You really need to keep up with the program.

Irwin has never run for any elected office, His son, however did amd failed royally.