Charles Thomas Clayton

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Charles Thomas Clayton

Post by Famspear »

Charles Thomas Clayton was a physician whose license was revoked by the State of Texas while he was in prison. Clayton was an "associate" of Larken Rose.

Clayton was released from prison in June 2011.

See:

http://tpgurus.wikidot.com/thomas-clayton
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Re: Charles Thomas Clayton

Post by Demosthenes »

Dr. Tom!

From the hard drive o' Demo.
From: legality-of-income-tax@yahoogroups.com [mailto:legality-of-income-tax@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Dr. Tom
Sent: Wednesday, July 27, 2005 3:17 PM
To: legality-of-income-tax@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [legality-of-income-tax] Pathetic

Demo wrote:
More nonsense, of course, and particularly interesting nonsense coming from
a man who will likely be indicted in the near future. Of course, last time
you were hit with criminal tax evasion charges, you pled guilty and
testified against a tax protest promoter in exchange for no prison time.

You're a real work of art. You have no idea what you are talking about. You make threats and then you result to incorrect personal information; this is what somebody does that has NO IDEA what the law says.

I will not be indicted because I have broken no laws, but more importantly, if I go down, the White House, Treasury Department, and DOJ go down; the public gets to SEE all my letters to these agencies for over FIVE YEARS. AND it gets to see the non-responses from them. That is the exciting part; to SHOW how the government lawyers BULLSHIT the public and when the public won't go away, they act behind the scenes to try and shut them up. But if you haven't already figured it out, I have ACCELERATED my efforts to inform the public. I am not stupid, the law is written correctly, and the proof is clear that most Americans have been defrauded.

For the record, I did not know the law in 1995-96, so I thought that the government knew something about the law that I didn't. I thought that the government was HONEST! Stupid me, now I know better.

But it gets better; the public gets to see the behind the scenes CRIMINAL efforts by the IRS and DOJ to force me into paying taxes that would have been discharged in bankruptcy. And I did NOT testify against the trust promoter; pissed them off too. I was not going to be dishonest and I wasn't. But then YOU don't understand that; honesty is not in your vocabulary.

It was real stinky, but not for me; it SHOWS how government lawyers are CRIMINALS who will do anything for the state (like you); like SS Storm Troopers; ignoring the Constitution and criminal statute that exist to PROTECT the public from government lawlessness.

Instead of substance, do you have any more threats or insults, government shill?

You are PATHETIC in your ignorance.

Tom Clayton, MD
Demo.
Cathulhu
Order of the Quatloos, Brevet First Class

Post by Cathulhu »

Gee, so Demo's "pathetic in her ignorance" and Clayton is about to be an ex-con. Remind me not to argue with Demo.
Goodness is about what you do. Not what you pray to. T. Pratchett
Always be a moving target. L.M. Bujold
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

How long will he be under supervision?
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Post by Demosthenes »

Judge Roy Bean wrote:How long will he be under supervision?
December 15, 2006

HOUSTON AREA RADIOLOGIST SENTENCED TO FEDERAL PRISON ON TAX CHARGES

United States Attorney Johnny Sutton and the Department of Justice announced that Charles Thomas Clayton, MD, of The Woodlands, was sentenced to five years in federal prison for tax crimes relating to the claim that his domestically-earned income was not taxable.

In addition to the prison term, United States District Judge Sam Sparks ordered that Clayton pay a $50,000 fine plus $7,455.98 to cover certain costs associated with the prosecution of the case and be placed under supervised release for a period of one year after completing his prison term.

“The obligation to pay taxes is not negotiable,” stated United States Attorney Johnny Sutton.

On August 29, 2006, a federal jury convicted Clayton of eight tax charges. The jury found that Clayton filed false amended tax returns for the calender years 1997 and 1998, claiming a refund of over $160,000 for those years. The jury also found that Clayton failed to file timely federal personal income tax returns for calendar years 1999-2004, despite receiving over $1.3 million in gross income during those years.

Between at least 1996 and 2001, Clayton practiced radiology in Nacogdoches, Texas. He subsequently moved to The Woodlands, Texas, and currently practices in the Houston area.

Clayton’s defense at trial centered on the so-called “861 argument” – a claim that domestically-earned income is not taxable. Evidence at trial revealed that Clayton disregarded multiple written notices from the Internal Revenue Service informing him that his 861 argument was without merit. He had also been told the same thing by two Certified Public Accountants.
Demo.
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

Tommy Boy wrote:
....I will not be indicted because I have broken no laws, but more importantly......
Ah, let's see now. You were indicted. You were tried. You were found guilty. You were sentenced. You went to federal prison.
.......if I go down, the White House, Treasury Department, and DOJ go down; the public gets to SEE all my letters to these agencies for over FIVE YEARS.....
Ah, let's see now. The White House did not "go down." The Treasury Department did not "go down." The Department of Justice did not "go down."

So, Tommy Boy, you were just a bloviating, know-nothing, full-of-hot-air blowhard when you wrote that nonsense. And your "letters" to all those agencies didn't get you anywhere, did they Tommy boy? You ended up in federal prison, and the Texas Medical Board yanked your license to practice as a physician.

You should have stuck to the practice of medicine. You should have left the tax law to the tax lawyers, CPAs, etc. You hooked up with Larken Rose -- another bloviating, whiny, know-nothing blow-hard ex-con.

Well, Tommy Boy, ex-cons like you and Larken are a dime a dozen.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Nikki

Post by Nikki »

and there's still the tiny matter of all those taxes he never paid ...
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

We recall that in May 2011 Clayton applied to the Texas Medical Board to have his license to practice medicine reinstated.

What happened (if anything) in the period from May 2011 to September 2012 with regard to that application is not known.

However, on September 13, 2012, he applied -- again -- to have the license reinstated.
Cpt Banjo
Fretful leader of the Quat Quartet

Post by Cpt Banjo »

Update: Following his reapplication in 2012, the Licensure Committee of the Texas Medical Board recommended that his application be denied, citing (among other things) his 2006 conviction and the following:
As a result of Applicant's conviction, Applicant was sentenced to 60 months incarceration and one year supervised release, fined $50,000, and ordered to pay costs of prosecution in the amount of $7,455.98. In May 2012 the U.S. District Court received a report that Applicant was at the end of his term of supervised release but had paid less than 2% of the $50,000 fine and had not paid any of the costs of prosecution despite reporting an annual income of $120,000. On June 19, 2012 the U.S. Attorney's Office fiked a Motion to Revoke Applicant's supervised release. On August 8, 2012, Judge Sam Sparks of the U.S. District Court of the Western District of Texas revoked Applicant's supervised release and re-sentenced him to an additional 11 months and 22 days of supervised release.
On April 16, 2013, the staff of the Texas Medical Board requested that Clayton's application for reinstatement be put on the contested docket and that he be given a hearing before an administrative law judge. Under the applicable statute and rules Clayton has the burden of proof to show that the granting of a license is in the best interest of the public and Clayton.

https://public.tmb.state.tx.us/BoardOrd ... =114053838

Wonder where his $120,000 income comes from?
"Run get the pitcher, get the baby some beer." Rev. Gary Davis
Cpt Banjo

Post by Cpt Banjo »

Update:

On February 13, 2015, the Texas Medical Board entered a final order denying Clayton's application to have his license reinstated.

On March 31, the Board denied his motion for a rehearing.

http://reg.tmb.state.tx.us/OnLineVerif/ ... if_new.asp
Hyrion
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Hyrion »

Looks like another Hero for Michael Jameson to follow in the footsteps of.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Bad link. A lot of sites like that use temporary URLs.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Cpt Banjo

Post by Cpt Banjo »

Here's a link that leads to the Board's opinion. Click on "2/13/2015".

https://public.tmb.state.tx.us/BoardOrd ... =113965507
Cpt Banjo

Post by Cpt Banjo »

I just came across this 2021 Texas appeals court decision affirming the Texas Medical Board's refusal to reinstate Clayton's medical license. https://casetext.com/case/clayton-v-tex-med-bd

According to the evidence referred to in the court's decision, although Clayton was making $120,000 a year after his release from prison in 2011 he was paying the IRS only $150 a month on a $450,000 debt for back taxes. This seems awfully low, unless Clayton provided the IRS with false data regarding his assets. This might have been the case -- when the government moved the sentencing court to revoke his supervised release it stated in its motion that Clayton had "been playing a shell game with his financial resources" and "provid[ing] his supervising probation officers in Houston with an incorrect statement of his monthly expenditures." The motion also alleged that Clayton was engaging in numerous other accounting irregularities, including misrepresenting his income and "using his son's bank account as a nominee account to hide his true financial situation."

The decision also refers to some salary and loan arrangements between Clayton and his employer that are highly questionable:
Clayton's testimony at the SOAH hearing also suggests that some of his current financial arrangements remain questionable. Clayton testified that he had received over $100,000 in loans from Richey [the owner of the company Clayton worked for], including $65,000 to pay his fine and prosecution costs as well as a $4,400 monthly loan. Clayton said these loans were neither documented nor due by a particular date and that he planned to pay them back "[w]hen [he] can." Despite acknowledging that the loans "might never get paid back", Clayton categorically denied owing taxes on the monthly $4,400 payment because "{i}t's a loan."

At another point in his testimony, Clayton said he had a written promissory note with Richey that included the $4,400 monthly payments. Clayton testified that the note did not include the $65,000 Richey loaned him to pay off the fine and prosecution costs stemming from his convictions.

Clayton also testified that he currently owes approximately $450,000 in back taxes. Clayton said he was currently paying $150 a month towards this liability. Clayton testified that, according to "what the IRS says," he will no longer have to back his back taxes once the "two years remaining on the Statute of Limitations" run.
Some people never learn.
BBFlatt
Captain
Captain

Post by BBFlatt »

I wonder if the employer knows that the interest he didn't pay on those loans is taxable to them under IRC section 7872.
When the last law was down and the devil turned 'round on you where would you hide, the laws all being flat? ...Yes, I'd give the devil the benefit of the law, for my own safety's sake. -- Robert Bolt; A Man for all Seasons
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Time for someone to visit Clayton's patron and serve a summons for testimony under oath about the origin and nature of the loans. A little pressure here might get the employer to re-think how far they want to go down the rabbit hole with the ex-doctor.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff