Bonita Lynne Meredith

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Bonita Lynne Meredith

Post by Famspear »

Bonita Lynne Meredith is scheduled for release from the Federal Bureau of Prisons on Saturday, February 2, 2013.

For background on her, see the the Tax Protester Dossier on her by Dan Evans:

http://tpgurus.wikidot.com/lynne-meredith

Also, here is an excerpt from the Wikipedia entry on her in the article on the history of tax protesters:
Bonita Lynne Meredith, a/k/a Lynne Meredith, Lynne Meridith, Lynn Meridith and Lynn Meredith, was sentenced in June 2005 to ten years and one month in prison for conspiracy, four counts of mail fraud, two counts of using a false social security number, making a false statement in a passport application, and five counts of failing to file a tax return. In its press release following the sentencing of Meredith, the Department of Justice stated: "The evidence presented during a 13-week trial showed that beginning in 1991 and continuing until April 2002, Meredith conducted seminars at which she sold books and bogus 'pure trusts' to people with the purpose of leading them to believe they could legally shield income and assets from taxation. She owned and operated various businesses, including We the People (WTP), Free the People, Sovereignty Pure Trusts, and Liberty International. She wrote two books, "How to Cook a Vulture" and "Vultures in Eagle's Clothing". The books instructed customers to falsely report to the IRS that they did not owe income taxes. Meredith and her co-defendants encouraged and assisted taxpayers by forming phony 'pure trusts,' opening bank accounts with phony Taxpayer Identification Numbers, filing fraudulent income tax returns and encouraging taxpayers to stop filing income tax returns." Four other persons convicted of conspiracy in connection with the activities of Meredith were also sentenced to prison. On June 26, 2012, the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit affirmed her conviction and the sentence in the United States District Court for the Central District of California.....
(footnotes omitted)....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tax_protes ... ted_States
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear

Re: Bonita Lynne Meredith

Post by Famspear »

The Federal Bureau of Prisons web site indicates that Meredith was released on February 1, 2013 (one day earlier than scheduled).
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

VICTORY!
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Famspear wrote:Also, here is an excerpt from the Wikipedia entry on her in the article on the history of tax protesters
You fail to mention that you wrote most of that article. And a good job you did of it, also.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Arthur Rubin wrote:
Famspear wrote:Also, here is an excerpt from the Wikipedia entry on her in the article on the history of tax protesters
You fail to mention that you wrote most of that article. And a good job you did of it, also.
And has done a great job keeping it up to date and editing it, along with keeping others from distorting it. Famspear has done a lot of great work on Wiki for the tax related articles. Hats off.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Famspear

Post by Famspear »

James and Arthur, thanks.

I began editing in Wikipedia in late 2005. The vast majority of my edits were on tax protester subjects -- that's actually what drew me to Wikipedia. In the first few years I was editing, Wikipedia was frequently attacked by the nutjobs who were trying to use Wikipedia tax-related articles to further their agendas.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Post by Number Six »

Was all her ill-gotten gain seized?
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)