NPR Quotes Bob Schulz

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

NPR Quotes Bob Schulz

Post by Number Six »

I was listening to NPR yesterday and was a little surprised to hear Bob Schulz, the noted tax protester, interviewed on the tea party 501 (4)c scandal as if he was mainstream or something. NPR has a transcript here: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/stor ... =186560436

HIPPENSTEEL: The IRS has had, you know, 10 to 20 years of full-fledged experience with how to deal with this issue. They changed their policies to deal with this.

OVERBY: Bob Schultz of Queensbury in upstate New York had a slightly better experience last year. He was seeking 501(c)(4) status for We the People of New York, a group promoting the right to petition the government. The IRS immediately said there's a big backlog and it asked for more information.

BOB SCHULTZ: I did feel they could have, based on all the information we included in our original application, I felt they had everything they needed.

OVERBY: Schultz actually has some sympathy for the IRS employees.

SCHULTZ: Collecting the taxes is a huge task and they have a tough job to do.

OVERBY: But Schultz also has been in battles with the IRS going back to the 1990s, all about tax exempt issues.

SCHULTZ: From my personal experience, there's a dark side to the IRS. The IRS can be used.

OVERBY: Now the question is, can the IRS be fixed. As of this week, it's up to a new temporary commissioner, Danny Werfel, to find out. Peter Overby, NPR News, Washington.

Too bad NPRs research department isn't better; they should have found a credible example instead of Schultz....
Last edited by Number Six on Sun May 26, 2013 2:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: NPR Quotes Bob Schultz

Post by fortinbras »

Bob Schulz spells his name without a t.
Number Six
Hereditary Margrave of Mooloosia

Re: NPR Quotes Bob Schulz

Post by Number Six »

Corrected....Another NPR faux pas. Even a rascal is entitled to having their name spelled right for legal cause, anyway.
'There are two kinds of injustice: the first is found in those who do an injury, the second in those who fail to protect another from injury when they can.' (Roman. Cicero, De Off. I. vii)

'Choose loss rather than shameful gains.' (Chilon Fr. 10. Diels)
Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia

Post by Judge Roy Bean »

Ahem ... attempting to not be political ... Overby shouldn't be considered a trusted authority on anything.
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Interesting. The 501(c)(3) status for We the People Foundation and We the People Congress was revoked by the IRS. Schulz is still fighting the IRS over that. The trial that was set for October 2012 has been re-set for October 30, 2013.

According to the NPR report, meanwhile, Schulz has set up a new "organization": "We the People of New York." Rather than trying to obtain 501(c)(3) status, he is trying for 501(c)(4) for this one. Maybe he has a better chance here.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

And heeeeeerree's the web site for "We the People of New York," with a picture of Bob Schulz right there on the main page:

http://www.wethepeopleofny.org/
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet