Shrout, Winston

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
mmquat

Shrout, Winston

Post by mmquat »

Searching google resulted in an old archived thread here in which WInston Shrout was briefly discussed, but very little information was posted. I spent a couple of days pulling up this man's legal history, and I will attempt to sort through it and post it here.

My main motive for posting here is that someone reading it will have access to a CORTIS XChange account (http://www.utcourts.gov/xchange/) which is used to access court records in Utah. Unfortunately, XChange charges $30 to access the system in addition to a $30 monthly fee. I'd like to search the records for cases involving Winston Shrout, but the fee is excessive for my purpose.

Name: Winston J. Shrout
Business: wssic.com

Possibly a veteran.

The SPLC mentions him in a publication: http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/i ... ahRc-B8shM
Winston Shrout offers a popular seven-part series of seminars and sells several books and DVDs through his website. His materials focus on the "commercial process," instructing clients in the use of IRS Form 1099-OID to solve all of their tax and debt problems. Despite his alleged expertise, Shrout currently has $50,000 in outstanding tax liens, declared personal bankruptcy in 2001, and lost three federal civil cases in the last 10 years, including one in which a major bank sued both Winston and his sham "freeman" arbitration company.
Has filed two chapter 7 bankruptcies: The first on 6/21/2001, closed on 3/01/2002. The second filed on 2/27/2013.

Has at least three liens (2004, 2005, and 2007) filed against him in Nevada. Two are from the IRS while the third is from Atlas Monetary International Trust.

Has been a party in three federal Civil court cases, once as a plaintiff. All three cases were decided against Winston Shrout.

Two of the cases are very similar and were both brought against Winston Shrout in 2004: Winston Shrout along with Nickolas Bird, Rebecca Nelson, Darren Kamalu, and Ernell Kamalu created a Utah limited liability company named Arbitration Alliance International. Two of them took out large loans from Countrywide Home Loans, Inc. "accepted" the loans, and then claimed Countrywide had an obligation to pay back the principal of the loan. The arbitration company then awarded the members a large sum of money when the loan company did not respond.

Defaulted on a mortgage from CHASE bank in 2000. A number of recordings were then made by Shrout including a lien against the property. Later, the land was auctioned off by the bank.

A number of people have sold him land. At least one of these properties was then sold at public auction by the loan company after the promissory notes went into default.

The recent bankruptcy lists a combined $164,000 of debt from a "2nd Mortgage deficiency" and "Foreclosure deficiencies." Notably absent are the roughly $80,000 in damages that he owed to Countrywide Inc. from the two civil cases, any mention of the IRS liens, and any mention whatsoever of his website or the profits it generates.

I haven't found any filings or federal court cases past the year of 2007 (maybe he moved), although his website is still active and he still offers advice at the price of $250 per hour. He also offers CDs on his website at a high price.
Hilfskreuzer Möwe
Northern Raider of Sovereign Commerce
Location: R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 26W 22 R R R SS Voltaire 47N 31 2 [signal lost]

Re: Shrout, Winston

Post by Hilfskreuzer Möwe »

mmquat wrote:Searching google resulted in an old archived thread here in which WInston Shrout was briefly discussed, but very little information was posted. I spent a couple of days pulling up this man's legal history, and I will attempt to sort through it and post it here.
Thank you for taking the time to share your research mmquat. This information will very likely be helpful to a project I have planned.

SMS Möwe
That’s you and your crew, Mr. Hilfskreuzer. You’re just like a vampire, you must feel quite good about while the blood is dripping down from your lips onto the page or the typing, uhm keyboard there... [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNMoUnUiDqg at 11:25]
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Shrout seems to be very popular in the sovrun idjit community, or at least certain quarters of it, notably the ones who HAVEN'T tried his nonsense and gotten smacked down for it. I am now occasionally seeing posts now denouncing it for the BS it is, but he definitely has some very ardent followers who think he has discovered the holy grail of sovrun justice or some such.

As memory serves, he seems to bounce from one cockamamie theory to another as soon as the audience starts to get wise to the previous one.

I can't imagine that his track record is much better than zip all, but it would be nice to a compilation of what he has been selling over the years.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
mmquat

Post by mmquat »

I've read through the documents I found. Unfortunately, I understand very little of this. I'd post copies, but there are 140 pages of recordings and an enormous number of pages in the court cases.

The third court case was brought by Winston Shrout against a hospital. An unrelated woman had sued the hospital for $30,000,000 for what sounded like pretty lousy treatment. Shrout claimed to have purchased the debt(?) and was suing to collect it.

Here's a list/summary of the recordings:

Filings:
  • 1984: IRS lien for $500, paid off fourteen days later.

1987: purchased land in Utah. Sold to (probably) his son in 1999.

August 2000: Filed an "AFFIDAVIT OF TRUTH" concerning a traffic stop incident in which he was cited for "Failure to Signal" and "No Brake Lights"

October 2000: Filed an "Affidavit of Obligation"/commercial lien against a mormon church (Bluffdale Priesthood Council/The Apostolic United Brethren) for $1,340,000.

November 2000: Defaulted on his mortgage. NOTICE OF DEFAULT AND ELECTION TO SELL recorded by a trustee on behalf of Chase Mortgage company. States that the principal balance is due, along with various fees.
    Two UCC-1 forms are filed 22 and 23 days later in Utah by WInston Shrout. The first lists his certificate of live birth, Social security account, a number of loans and other various documents in the property section. The second lists a UCC-1 and UCC-3 filing in Kentucky as well as various documents sent to him by Chase/their lawyer as "Accepted for Value" in the property section.

January 2001: Recorded an Affidavit of Obligation/Commercial Lien against the sheriff's deputy involved in the August 2000 traffic stop for a total of $3,480,000. Also includes the city where the sheriff was employed and "JOHN DOES 1-10" as a lien debtor.

February 2001: Amends the UCC-3 to include a "NOTICE OF TRUSTEE'S SALE... Accepted for Value..."

Twelve days later Winston Shrout filed a "NOTICE OF INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL CLAIM ADMINISTRATIVE REMEDY OF CREDITOR-SECURED PARTY"

March 2001: Recorded a "NOTICE OF FAULT OPPORTUNITY TO CURE" regarding the February 2001 "NOTICE OF INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL CLAIM..."

Fifteen days later Winston Shrout recorded a $50,000 lien against the property.
    Six days later he recorded a "NOTICE OF DEFAULT" regarding the February 2001 "NOTICE OF INTERNATIONAL COMMERCIAL CLAIM..."

April 2001: Trustee's deed shows the land was foreclosed and auctioned.

July 2003: Buys more land in Utah, which he later sells to a company. Also records and Affidavit of Truth to grant power of attorney of "WINSTON SHROUT" to... "Winston Shrout." Also filed an "Affidavit of Truth in the Nature of Supplemental Rules for Administrative and Maritime Claims Rules C (6)" in which he claims trademark/copyright to "WINSTON SHROUT".

February 2004: Files a Surety Bond regarding some sort of mining project.

March 2004: Buys more land in Utah. At various times, he took out mortgages against this property from over four different banks.

October 2005: Recorded a Warranty Deed to sell the March 2004 property to a company in Nevada.

December 2006: NOTICE OF DEFAULT AND ELECTION TO SELL recorded on behalf of Taylor, Bean and Whitaker Mortgage Corp. for a previously unmentioned property.

April 2007: Property foreclosed, land auctioned.
Other than that, the only thing of note is that he'd stopped using his social security number on documents after declaring bankruptcy in 2001. An EIN replaced it in later recordings. Very strange language on a lot of the documents.
Lambkin
Warder of the Quatloosian Gibbet

Post by Lambkin »

Wow, what a life. I can't help but think of the damage left in his wake.
notorial dissent

Yes, and that doesn't include the damage left by his followers who think he knows what he is talking about. He is very big in the sovrun idjit community. I would suspect that by now that there is a fairly sizable total for all the messes they have made following his advice.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
mmquat

Post by mmquat »

How much of this stuff is completely made up? Are people misusing preexisting things? There's a page here: http://definitions.uslegal.com/a/accept ... -value%20/ which has a definition of "Accepted for value."
Acceptance for value is a commercial right that is obtained through instruments such as tax bills and violation tickets. It is a qualified endorsement or modified signature on an instrument. By accepting an instrument for value, one becomes the holder in due course of the instrument and can enforce the instrument on the issuer.
It doesn't seem like a user contributed site. How did that end up on a legal dictionary?
notorial dissent

Aside from the fact that the foregoing definition is TOTALLY bogus, I suspect that the rest of the site is equally in the realm of bad fiction.

The accepted for value, R4V nonsense all comes out of either an illiterate or intentional misreading of the UCC statutes, that apply only limitedly to business transactions and not at all to legal transactions of any kind, with the limited exception of the rules concerning negotiable instruments, which tax bill and traffic tickets most certainly are not.

This nonsense has been attempted in courts for years and has regularly been shot down in flames, despite the protests and contentions of the promoters.

Winny is one of the chief promoters of this nonsense currently practicing, and despite his claims to the contrary, his track record in the legal arena is what could charitably be called dismal.
mmquat

Post by mmquat »

Ahh, I see. I thought I could read through some of this and find some sort of logical flaw, but it's too convoluted.

http://famguardian.org/Subjects/Freedom/Freedom.htm is another source of this stuff, I suspect. I'm not sure how anyone could possibly claim to read through it and chase down the cases they cite, since some of them are hundreds of years old and seemingly completely irrelevant (one of them had something to do with a hatchet?).
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Think I struck gold tonight. Digging through Shrouts Youtube channel leads to a 2009 interview where he talks about where he got his OPCA theories from. He mentions a man from the midwest who started the Redemption movement as his source.

Only person who fits that description is Roger Elvick from Minnesota. Founder of the redemption movement, from the Midwest and white supremacist.

http://www.splcenter.org/get-informed/i ... for-profit

I think the full picture is now starting to make sense. Working our way backwards from Dean Clifford. We have Dean Clifford the white supremacist who cites Shrout multiple times as an influence. Shrout, although not directly tied to any white supremacist views himself, gets his views from the White racist Elvick. Elvicks scam goes back to the 1980s and drew on posse commitatus theories combined with new stuff he came up with.

Dean claims to have been to some Winston Shrout seminars, wouldn't be a stretch to assume he may have gone to Elvick Seminars. Dean is from Manitoba which is just north of the border to Minnesota where Elvick and Shrout were based. The geography gets interesting when you think about it. Menard is north of Montana and the Freemen that operated there.

So when you think about someone like Chief Rock. Rock got his theories from Menard and Shrout and worked with Clifford. The white supremacy got thrown out when they realized they could make money selling the theories to minorities. Now Rock, the native-Canadian, is getting himself into legal trouble using theories he got from white racists.

Basically everyone that tried to A4V out there, is getting conned by pseudolegal theories hatched by racists.
Paths of the Sea

Post by Paths of the Sea »

Here's an article from Forbes' Peter J. Reilly that deals with Shrout's step-daughter April J. Rampton:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/peterjreill ... llibility/

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Based on the Forbes article and the Samuel Aaron news article we know, and feel free to correct me:

Shrout was charging exorbitant amounts of money to his customers to teach them the 1099 OID scheme. Functionally Shrout was telling other people to defraud the government out of significant amounts of money then pay Shrout a percentage of that money for the advice. When they get caught, Shrout keeps the money and they go to jail.

Surely there's some type of investigation into Shrout going on right now.
Paths of the Sea

Post by Paths of the Sea »

Jeffrey wrote:
Surely there's some type of investigation into
Shrout going on right now.
I would like to think so, but it seems so many of these people enjoy decades of "free reign" before they get caught, if they get caught at all.

Sincerely,
Maury Enthusiast!
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

Mr. Shrout just gave a mini-lecture in advance of his participation in the ConspiraSea conference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sYd3F9uqwoA He speaks from about 28:30 to about 38:30.

He intends to speak at the conference about "the conspiracy of the courts," and the banks, and to "give solutions."

Also the effort "to steal the body, and the children." He claims he was approached by three "native chiefs," in his capacity as an "international notary," to notarize their business contracts. Chief Fast Horse of the Lakota Sioux was apparently among them. He discussed the theft of native children with them, and gave them a legal technique to stop it.

He also discusses the "huge mind control thing going on," and asserts that if he can just give someone a new point of view that cracks the mind control, he can get people out from under it. And then they feel much better, because the stress of the mind control was suppressing their immune system. (Or the hope and relief improves their immune system.) I wonder if that will happen to me?
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

Oh, and he makes a prediction around 49:30. The cruise is in January. He predicts by then we'll see "monumental changes in quite a few areas," due to work done outside the public view in gov't and financial systems:

A new national currency.
Federal reserve notes "out of use."
A new national currency.
The IRS sent "back to Puerto Rico."

So by January, we'll have "a great deal to talk about." I agree! Can't wait.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

The IRS sent "back to Puerto Rico."
So many problems with that conspiracy theory. You can avoid income tax by moving to Puerto Rico, they've technically got it backwards.

http://www.nytimes.com/roomfordebate/20 ... -tax-haven
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Gannibal wrote: Chief Fast Horse of the Lakota Sioux was apparently among them. He discussed the theft of native children with them, and gave them a legal technique to stop it.
Chief Fake Horse has his own thread on the Fogbow. He's a fake, scammer and connected into all the woo-woo. He's also been in prison for 30 years IIRC.
http://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=8139
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

http://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/oregon-ma ... ax-returns
If convicted, Shrout faces a statutory maximum sentence of six years in prison and a maximum fine of $150,000.
Rejoice.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Six counts of failure to file? No evasion? No corrupt interference? Guess they went for the slam dunk.

And there are always supersedings . . .
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
notorial dissent

I have faith in Winny being able to turn it in to a major Federal case before it is all over and done with when he brings all his legal knowledge to the fray.