Shrout, Winston

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
User avatar
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth
Posts: 11067
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:17 pm

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby notorial dissent » Fri Jun 03, 2016 11:13 am

So he convinced the judge that because he was pro se that he couldn't get read by the trial date and they extended it? I didn't think they would have done that.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

User avatar
The Observer
Further Moderator
Posts: 6653
Joined: Fri Feb 07, 2003 12:48 am
Location: Virgin Islands Gunsmith

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby The Observer » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:59 pm

wserra wrote:Guys - read the docket. What you discuss definitely happens, but isn't happening here. The groyse chochem is pro se.


Listen to Wes. I just posted a case today on 3 sovruns who pulled basically the same stunt and ended up being pro se - to their utter demise.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff

Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Posts: 2612
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:16 am

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby Jeffrey » Fri Jun 03, 2016 8:15 pm

He's got a lawyer as "standby counsel", which I imagine must be hilarious behind the scenes.

User avatar
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Posts: 6431
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:39 pm

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby wserra » Sat Sep 03, 2016 12:03 pm

Trial still set for October 11. Anyone in the Portland (OR) area next month?
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume

Chaos
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Posts: 617
Joined: Sat Jul 25, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby Chaos » Sat Sep 03, 2016 3:26 pm

wserra wrote:Trial still set for October 11. Anyone in the Portland (OR) area next month?


the Bundys.

fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 5:50 pm

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby fortinbras » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:19 pm

I imagine they postponed the trial date for him, in light of his pro se status, in order to (1) increase the likelihood that he'd get enough sense to let a lawyer handle his case, and/or (2) reduce his chances of winning an appeal if he went ahead pro se.

Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Posts: 2612
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:16 am

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby Jeffrey » Sat Sep 03, 2016 6:34 pm

Interestingly, Shrout is still scheduling seminars and selling stuff on his website.

User avatar
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth
Posts: 11067
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:17 pm

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby notorial dissent » Sun Sep 04, 2016 1:29 am

Shrout doesn't strike me a particularly sharp, so both the pro se and the continuing bad behavior doesn't seem at all out of character. I really do think he thinks he's invincible. His poor standby ha to just be tearing his hair out since Shrout won't listen to a word he says, he knows it all.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Posts: 2612
Joined: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:16 am

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby Jeffrey » Sun Sep 04, 2016 10:47 am

Shrout made some brief and deranged comments about his current legal problems here:

https://youtu.be/reSj54C22HY?t=4649

Timestamp should allow you to skip 90 minutes of nonsense.

User avatar
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Posts: 6431
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:39 pm

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby wserra » Thu Sep 29, 2016 10:58 am

At Shrout's request, the Court reset the trial date to December 13.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume

Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Posts: 3557
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 7:04 pm
Location: West of the Pecos

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby Judge Roy Bean » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:57 pm

Jeffrey wrote:Shrout made some brief and deranged comments about his current legal problems here:

https://youtu.be/reSj54C22HY?t=4649

Timestamp should allow you to skip 90 minutes of the two hours of nonsense.



There, fixed it for you. 8)
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three

fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 5:50 pm

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby fortinbras » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:01 pm

With ref to Winston Shrout's nonsense on the videotape:

Shrout claims to have worldwide immunity as some sort of functionary of "The Office of International Treasury Control". This is a scam operating out of (I think) Thailand, pretending to be connected to the UN, which is most assuredly not authorized by the UN nor any government and appears to exist only to issue funny money and documents calculated to move that funny money along. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Office_of_International_Treasury_Control

It is not even clear if the few con artists running this "Office" are even aware that Shrout is pretending to be attached to them.
So far this "Office" has not been mentioned in any court decision reported on Lexis.

As for his indictment, which supposedly Shrout welcomes, back in March 2016 a federal grand jury in Oregon returned a superseding indictment charging Shrout with numerous counts of passing very unfunny funny money (more than 300 bits of paper pretending an aggregate value of more than one hundred Trillion dollars, which is a lot even when you say it fast) and six counts of failing to file tax returns. He is also charged with running a scam investment and financial service and advice firm, named Winston Shrout Solutions in Commerce.

If convicted, each count related to funny money could have a maximum of 25 years, and each count of not filing tax returns a year in prison. I wonder if the The Office of International Treasury Control will provide Shrout with a good lawyer.

User avatar
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth
Posts: 11067
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:17 pm

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby notorial dissent » Sun Oct 02, 2016 7:14 pm

I don't know how Shrout thinks he got hooked up with OITC, although they are probably experiencing a severe leadership vacancy problem right about now since the fraud in chief is currently a guest of the Thai prison authorities and will likely be there a while, and I think his fellow con men have since decamped when it started getting too hot for them. For some reason the Thai authorities don't seem to be hospitable to this sort of things. In other news Shrout is a total and complete loon. When they finally get around to getting him in court it out to be a regular five ring circus with the clown in chief presenting for the defense.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus
Posts: 1308
Joined: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:13 pm
Location: Maryland

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby AndyK » Mon Oct 03, 2016 12:08 am

notorial dissent wrote:I don't know how Shrout thinks he got hooked up with OITC, ...


Shrout seems to be of the school of "throw enough pasta against the wal and something will stick long enough to tempt someone."

He, among many of the other self-professed gurus, have never come across a scam that they didn't like.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders

User avatar
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth
Posts: 11067
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:17 pm

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby notorial dissent » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:56 am

Agreed, I never really thought Shrout dealt in originality, just that he was a a very active and prolific plagiarist. As you say, i don't think he ever met a scam he didn't like. He often seems to adapt and twist them a bit to suit himself, or maybe it's just that he's too lazy to actually get it right when he plagiarizes. I keep hoping that someone will finally shut him down for real for good, but so far it hasn't happened, maybe this time considering the charges they have him on, and I am hoping they'll go for consecutive sentencing. Otherwise he'll be right back at it.
Last edited by notorial dissent on Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: to correct spelling error
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia
Posts: 3006
Joined: Sat May 24, 2008 5:50 pm

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby fortinbras » Mon Oct 03, 2016 5:51 am

I suppose you mean "shut him down for good" - and it looks like that federal indictment might do the trick.

User avatar
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth
Posts: 11067
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:17 pm

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby notorial dissent » Mon Oct 03, 2016 7:40 am

Uh yeah. :oops:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

User avatar
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia
Posts: 596
Joined: Tue Jul 01, 2003 4:19 am
Location: Seattle

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby jcolvin2 » Wed Oct 26, 2016 2:03 am

Jury trial moved to April 18, 2017.

10/05/2016 65 ORDER by Judge Robert E. Jones Granting 64 Government's Unopposed Motion For Rule 15 Deposition as to Winston Shrout (1); Granting 64 Joint Motion For Continuance of Jury Trial Date as to Winston Shrout (1).. Rule 15 Deposition is set for 10/26/2016 at 1:00PM before Judge Robert E. Jones in Portland Courtroom 10A. The 12/13/2016 Jury Trial is STRICKEN and Jury Trial is RESET for 4/18/2017 at 9:00AM before Judge Robert E. Jones in Portland Courtroom 10A. This continuance constitutes excludable delay from 12/13/2016 through 4/18/2017, pursuant to 18 U.S.C. § 3161(h)(7)(A). The court specifically finds, in granting the motion, that the ends of justice served by taking such action outweigh the best interests of the public and defendant in a speedy trial because the additional time is necessary to afford defense counsel sufficient time to investigate the facts of this case, to negotiate with the government, and to prepare for pretrial motions and jury trial, if necessary. The parties are to notify the court by 4/3/2017 as to whether or not this case is expected to go to trial. (bp) (bp) (Entered: 10/05/2016)

Judge Roy Bean
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Judge for the District of Quatloosia
Posts: 3557
Joined: Tue May 17, 2005 7:04 pm
Location: West of the Pecos

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby Judge Roy Bean » Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:05 pm

"... defense counsel ..." ???
The Honorable Judge Roy Bean
The world is a car and you're a crash-test dummy.
The Devil Makes Three

User avatar
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Posts: 6431
Joined: Sat Apr 26, 2003 7:39 pm

Re: Shrout, Winston

Postby wserra » Wed Oct 26, 2016 4:58 pm

Judge Roy Bean wrote:"... defense counsel ..." ???


Boilerplate Speedy Trial Act exclusion language.

It's the application itself that makes me wonder. Depositions are quite rare in federal criminal practice. In the fifteen years that I did that stuff, I only participated in one depo that I recall (and I would recall). On the rare occasions that it happens, it's almost always done to preserve testimony - a witness about to die or go an extended tour of duty at McMurdo Station, for example.

So who's the witness whose testimony the govt wishes to preserve? The application is sealed.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume


Return to “TP Status Board: Tracking Promoters and High-Profile TPs”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Common Crawl [Bot] and 0 guests