Shrout, Winston

The purpose of this board is to track the status of activity, cases, and ultimately the incarceration or fines against TP promoters and certain high-profile TPs.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: Shrout, Winston

Post by Gregg »

Welcome to Quatloos!

We'r getting so many new posters I may have to make a standard Welcome message with Orientation Instructions and all that piddling paperwork.

But I haven't yet, so Ill just copy paste the stuff I wrote earlier today for someone else. We don't have rules, per se*, but Guidelines. Such as they are, this kind of sums them up....even if I did write it for someone else. Quit whining, you're lucky to get any Guidelines at all...

Come for the HATJ, stay for the Sovereigns! And if you're into this madness, don't overlook the UK and Canadian sections even if you're not English and don't know squat about Hockey or Molson's Beer. :haha: (that's your first of hopefully many inside jokes you'll find here) I find it one of the most entertaining sections of the Forum, England has so many wonderfully mad people these days.

Guidelines for new people:
Douglas Adams puns and clues get extra credit, don't be a dick, back up fantastic claims with credible evidence and have fun!

* Okay, some people a few years ago screwed up so bad that we did have to get 2 real for honest rules, No Politics, No Religion. No Quarter given on those two.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
AndyK
Illuminatian Revenue Supremo Emeritus

Post by AndyK »

You forgot to mention that the three penalties for violating the rules are a long session in the comfy chair and a stern talking-to in French.
Taxes are the price we pay for a free society and to cover the responsibilities of the evaders
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

I thought there was another rule... don't post personal identifying information about anyone, even if public record, unless they post it themselves.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
noblepa
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by noblepa »

AndyK wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 12:56 am You forgot to mention that the three penalties for violating the rules are a long session in the comfy chair and a stern talking-to in French.
Repeat offenders will be strapped into a Vogon Poetry Appreciation Chair (see, there's the Douglas Adams reference).
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Offenders will be strung up by Boris along with their horse.

That covers Blazing Saddles.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

Minor update: the Ninth Circuit has granted the DOJ's motion and dismissed Shrout's appeal, on grounds that "a fugitive criminal defendant is not entitled to call upon the resources of the court for determination of his claims."

The order stipulates that he may move for reinstatement of his appeal if he surrenders to authorities within 42 days. (As I read it, it only covers surrender; he's likely SOL if he's picked up in a traffic stop, for example.)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Gannibal wrote: Fri May 31, 2019 8:26 pm Minor update: the Ninth Circuit has granted the DOJ's motion and dismissed Shrout's appeal, on grounds that "a fugitive criminal defendant is not entitled to call upon the resources of the court for determination of his claims."

The order stipulates that he may move for reinstatement of his appeal if he surrenders to authorities within 42 days. (As I read it, it only covers surrender; he's likely SOL if he's picked up in a traffic stop, for example.)
Not that he isn't SOL as it is, but will be even more so. actually him surrendering isn't likely, since then he'd have to admit to an authority that isn't him and I just don't see it happening, way too much ego, and stoo-pit.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
lurker9000
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by lurker9000 »

Gregg wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:34 pm Welcome to Quatloos!

And if you're into this madness, don't overlook the UK and Canadian sections even if you're not English and don't know squat about Hockey or Molson's Beer. :haha: (that's your first of hopefully many inside jokes you'll find here) I find it one of the most entertaining sections of the Forum, England has so many wonderfully mad people these days.
I'm not Canadian and I like hockey and Molson's Beer but I prefer Labatt Blue. Stanley cup finals resume tonight.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

lurker9000 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:30 pm
I'm not Canadian and I like hockey and Molson's Beer but I prefer Labatt Blue. Stanley cup finals resume tonight.
GO BRUINS!
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

lurker9000 wrote: Sat Jun 01, 2019 6:30 pm
Gregg wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:34 pm Welcome to Quatloos!

And if you're into this madness, don't overlook the UK and Canadian sections even if you're not English and don't know squat about Hockey or Molson's Beer. :haha: (that's your first of hopefully many inside jokes you'll find here) I find it one of the most entertaining sections of the Forum, England has so many wonderfully mad people these days.
I wouldn't admit to the Molsons. They seem to think that its fit only for cleaning drains and filling your rival's boots with. I don't drink beer, but those who do, in the Canadian Section moreso, are considerable beer connoisseurs and any mention of Molsons that isn't how you made the guy who broke your bike when you were a kid drink it, will be met with derision. Or so I'm told.

:)
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I wouldn't admit to the Molsons. They seem to think that its fit only for cleaning drains and filling your rival's boots with. I don't drink beer, but those who do, in the Canadian Section moreso, are considerable beer connoisseurs and any mention of Molsons that isn't how you made the guy who broke your bike when you were a kid drink it, will be met with derision. Or so I'm told.
I drafted what I thought was a fitting, temperate reply to lurker9000's praise of Molson and Labatt products but then decided not to post it. Why get into conflict with a new poster over his personal refreshment preferences, no matter how misguided? While Molson's and Labatt's share of the Canadian beer market is dwindling rapidly they still hold a commanding market share so obviously the majority of my fellow Canadian beer drinkers approve of their products.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

lurker9000
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by lurker9000 »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:18 am
I drafted what I thought was a fitting, temperate reply to lurker9000's praise of Molson and Labatt products but then decided not to post it. Why get into conflict with a new poster over his personal refreshment preferences, no matter how misguided? While Molson's and Labatt's share of the Canadian beer market is dwindling rapidly they still hold a commanding market share so obviously the majority of my fellow Canadian beer drinkers approve of their products.
I started a new thread if you want to point out other options feel free.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

And I've responded.

TBL

Post by TBL »

BTW Gregg, I think I was the new recruit in both your welcome messages.
Gannibal
First Mate
First Mate

Post by Gannibal »

Minor update: the Ninth Circuit earlier ordered that Shrout's appeal would be dismissed if he didn't turn himself in. He didn't, so they did. Assuming he's ever caught, it'll be straight to jail with no appeal of right.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

I've been checking social media on and off since he went fugitive. Total silence. The lady he used to do regular shows with hasn't mentioned him in 8 months.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

This long of an absence without any news of Shrout, let alone him being detained by the feds, suggests that Winston had a bolt hole prepared a long time ago to hide out in during the remainder of his life. I wouldn't be surprised if he is discovered to be in another country with some of his wealth stashed there ahead of time.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The Observer wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:54 pm This long of an absence without any news of Shrout, let alone him being detained by the feds, suggests that Winston had a bolt hole prepared a long time ago to hide out in during the remainder of his life. I wouldn't be surprised if he is discovered to be in another country with some of his wealth stashed there ahead of time.
I would fully agree, since I can't for a minute think he believed they would acquit him or vacate the sentence, he had to have been playing it for all it was worth and had it all planned out and ready to go, probably with the help of family. I don't keep up on such, but I understand that Panama and one of the South American nations is quite amenable to fleeing felons with money.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

notorial dissent wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:43 pm
The Observer wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 5:54 pm This long of an absence without any news of Shrout, let alone him being detained by the feds, suggests that Winston had a bolt hole prepared a long time ago to hide out in during the remainder of his life. I wouldn't be surprised if he is discovered to be in another country with some of his wealth stashed there ahead of time.
I would fully agree, since I can't for a minute think he believed they would acquit him or vacate the sentence, he had to have been playing it for all it was worth and had it all planned out and ready to go, probably with the help of family. I don't keep up on such, but I understand that Panama and one of the South American nations is quite amenable to fleeing felons with money.
Belize. You can have done darn near anything and Belize will do a total Sgt Schultz when you get there, if you bring some money with you.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Judge was nice enough to give him two years to prepare.

I bet he’s still in Oregon though.