Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean

Demosthenes
Grand Exalted Keeper of Esoterica

Sovereign attempts to intimidate LEO

Post by Demosthenes »

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/te ... iti/nHWW7/

Posted: 6:16 p.m. Monday, Feb. 6, 2012
Temple police chief reports threats from 'sovereign citizen'
"It's a mess. It's a nightmare," Timothy Shaw, chief of the Temple Police Department in Carroll County, said about his ordeal that started when one of his officers cited a man for driving without a seat belt in November.
Soon, Shaw received a letter from the man demanding nearly $800,000, alleging police brutality.

Shaw said he told the man to take any complaints to the Sheriff's Office, to avoid bias. The chief said he never touched the man and was cleared of wrongdoing by an internal investigation, but the letters kept coming, and the third letter shocked him.

"I received Mapquest driving directions that he had pulled up, from his personal residence to my personal residence. Also his personal residence to my mother and father's personal residence in Florida," Shaw said.
Demo.
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Re: Sovereign attempts to intimidate LEO

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

But Glenn Beck says they don't exist.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
rogfulton
Caveat Venditor
Location: No longer behind the satellite dish, second door along - in fact, not even in the same building.

Re: Sovereign attempts to intimidate LEO

Post by rogfulton »

...and local LEO's don't need training on how to deal with them.
"No man is above the law and no man is below it; nor do we ask any man's permission when we require him to obey it. Obedience to the law is demanded as a right; not asked as a favor."
- President Theodore Roosevelt