what is a independant bailiff

This forum is for new articles and lengthy posts by anybody who desires to contribute quality materials to the website. What is posted here will be propogated to the first page of Quatloos.com's main website. Of course, no advertising, etc.
dan74
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

what is a independant bailiff

Post by dan74 »

does a independant bailiff have to be registered ?where can i find out if a bailiff was sacked during 2011.any suggestions?
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Re: what is a independant bailiff

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

dan74 wrote: Fri Sep 27, 2019 4:34 pm does a independant bailiff have to be registered ?where can i find out if a bailiff was sacked during 2011.any suggestions?
I'm not sure what you mean by an "independant [sic] bailiff"; but on Wikipedia, I found the following (emphasis mine):

Civilian enforcement officers
are employees of Her Majesty's Courts and Tribunals Service, and can seize and sell goods to recover money owed under a fine and community penalty notice, and also execute warrants of arrest, committal, detention and control (formally called distress or distraint). These functions can also be carried out by employees of private companies authorised by the Ministry of Justice. In July 2013 HM Court Service announced it is to fully contract out the whole of the compliance and enforcement process to a private company; this would involve the transfer of over 500 of its employees. This decision led to official strike action by some employees on 30 July 2013.

Source: "HMcourts-service.gov.uk". HMcourts-service.gov.uk. 2011-04-01. Retrieved 2013-07-30.

So, you might want to start with HM Court Service.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
dan74
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Post by dan74 »

thanks .
ministry of justice have a website but its poor and doesnt date back.im interested to know if the bailiff i had trouble with got sacked shortly after .
Last edited by dan74 on Fri Sep 27, 2019 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

If records have been expunged chances are statute of limitations has run too. You may be out of luck, however I doubt any bailiff purposefully ruined your life, just for the fun of it. There seems to be more to this story...
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I too suspect that there is more to the story; but even if the bailiff in question did get sacked, that may not invalidate the action which Dan is hinting at.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

I'm in the US and have none of the answers but I would find a real bailiff and ask him your questions. He'd know who licenses and who sacks bailiffs. And that would put you on the right direction.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

"Independent" bailiff is not precise enough to pin point the relevant organisation (it could be a loan shark you are describing there) but you can look up registered bailiffs at the justice.gov.uk web site and the High Court Enforcement Officers Association deals with HCEF bailiffs.

https://certificatedbailiffs.justice.gov.uk/

https://www.hceoa.org.uk/members/author ... ectory/map
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sat Sep 28, 2019 10:20 am "Independent" bailiff is not precise enough to pin point the relevant organisation (it could be a loan shark you are describing there) but you can look up registered bailiffs at the justice.gov.uk web site and the High Court Enforcement Officers Association deals with HCEF bailiffs.

https://certificatedbailiffs.justice.gov.uk/

https://www.hceoa.org.uk/members/author ... ectory/map
Based on what I 've seen of how the UK works, I don't think the term exists, or that there is such a critter at law. Unless my understanding is way wrong, until recent times a Bailiff was an officer of the courts acting on their behalf, court issued a writ of something or other and the Bailiff executed it. As I now understand it they have since been farmed out to private enterprise under a "license"??? to act, in other words same show different venue. I don't think there was ever anything like an independent/private bailiff.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.