The Stupidity Spreads to the U.K.

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: The Stupidity Spreads to the U.K.

Post by fortinbras »

I wonder if this guy is really named Roger Hayes (which is the name of an important member of Parliament). I cannot find a news report of this council rents case or anything similar about such a guy.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I think the judge hasn't come across these idiots and is playing it safe until he finds out more. I doubt the transcript is accurate or complete. Sooner or late Mr Idiot will find that he can't pretend to be MR IDIOT without either the judge saying he is one and the same or that MR IDIOT is in contempt for wasting the court's time in the case against Mr Idiot; and/or Mr Idiot will have a warrant issued or his case dismissed for not turning up in court.
Also, just to prove what an idiot this guy is, Council Tax is (IIRC) on of the few "civil-ish" things you can jailed for not paying.
Further thoughts: I think he can't represent Mr Idiot without being a legal professional except in very special situations. He can be what the US calls "pro se" and IIRC he can, possibly needing the judge's permission, appear with Mr Idiot, but I don't think he can represent Mr Idiot if MR IDIOT is supposedly someone else.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
ArthurWankspittle

fortinbras wrote:I wonder if this guy is really named Roger Hayes (which is the name of an important member of Parliament). I cannot find a news report of this council rents case or anything similar about such a guy.
Roger Hayes would not be a very rare name. I think the case would not be published either in legal reports or the press until it is completed.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
LPC
Trusted Keeper of the All True FAQ

Post by LPC »

How did Roger Hayes know that the court was asking for ROGER HAYES and not Roger Hayes?
Dan Evans
Foreman of the Unified Citizens' Grand Jury for Pennsylvania
(And author of the Tax Protester FAQ: evans-legal.com/dan/tpfaq.html)
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

The judge yelled it.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Brandybuck

Post by Brandybuck »

LPC wrote:How did Roger Hayes know that the court was asking for ROGER HAYES and not Roger Hayes?
It was how he rolled the R...
Pantherphil
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Pantherphil »

Wewease Woger.
The Dog
First Mate
First Mate

Post by The Dog »

fortinbras wrote:I wonder if this guy is really named Roger Hayes (which is the name of an important member of Parliament). I cannot find a news report of this council rents case or anything similar about such a guy.
Good news (for me at least) is that there is no member of Parliament called Roger Hayes.
http://www.parliament.uk/mps-lords-and-offices/mps/#H

A little internet searching produced the following

http://forums.randi.org/showpost.php?p= ... tcount=305
(It's times like this that you hope for US-style penalties).
The Dog
First Mate
First Mate

Post by The Dog »

I think the person depicted in this video is Roger Hayes.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-iJRXgBkDM

Among other things we learn is that Queen Elizabeth 11 (sic) was elected and "she has been forced into the destruction of her kingdom and the breaking of her coronayion oath".

"Her Majesty has been made aware of the situation and is now duty bound to make amends".

She's probably busy at the moment with her grandson's forthcoming wedding, but I'm sure she'll get around to it eventually.
LPC

Post by LPC »

The Dog wrote:(It's times like this that you hope for US-style penalties).
English-style penalties have their good points.

Take drawing and quartering, for example. Some extra preparation is required, what with arranging for the horses and the chains and the rest, but at least you get a decent penalty out of it (and some good entertainment as well).
Dan Evans
"Nothing is more terrible than ignorance in action." Johann Wolfgang von Goethe.
LPC

Post by LPC »

The denizens of Lost Horizons are delighted to learn that there are nutjobs in England who are as clueless as they are.

This is the tax nut version of "going viral," which means that there are 6-12 more people who have read about it than knew before.
Dan Evans
ArthurWankspittle

LPC wrote:
The Dog wrote:(It's times like this that you hope for US-style penalties).
English-style penalties have their good points.

Take drawing and quartering*, for example. Some extra preparation is required, what with arranging for the horses and the chains and the rest, but at least you get a decent penalty out of it (and some good entertainment as well).
And if you are the king (allegedly Henry VIII did this) you can "arrange" who gets to do the execution. One of his wives was executed by a highly paid pro who took her head clean off with one blow. One of his advisers who became an enemy, was found guilty of treason (IIRC) and was executed by an inexperienced teenager, who missed his neck first blow and had to take several goes to sever his head.

*could be messy with soveruns, groping around trying to find their hearts.
rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

This one has just stepped up a gear and has got interesting.
Apparently Roger Hayes after being ordered previously by the judge to pay his council tax, has not, and earlier today appeared at Birkenhead County Court for a bankruptcy hearing along with three hundred supporters.
After repeatedly asking for the judge's oath Hayes "charged" the judge with treason and attempted to arrest him. His supporters subsequently invaded the building.
I have since been informed that a few people have been arrested, but strangely they don't appear to include the judge.

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/88939 ... urt_judge/

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpoo ... -28293866/
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Here is some footage of today's events at Birkenhead that has been uploaded to youtube. The man standing on the table in the courtroom speaking to the group is Raymond St Clair a known conman who has infiltrated the FOTL movement in the UK. St Clair (real name Gary Beaver) uses various aliases such as Lord Newport, Lord Beaver of Newport, His Supreme Excellency the Right Honourable Chevalier Gary Beaver, Baron of Richecourt, Doctor of Laws.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8JL4oDR ... r_embedded

Methinks there will be tears before bedtime.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

from the Liverpool Echo, March 7th 2011:

Protestors storm Birkenhead county court and attempt to arrest judge
by Liam Murphy Mar 7 2011

CHAOTIC scenes broke out at Birkenhead county court today after demonstrators attempted to arrest a judge and then took over a court.

They were at court for a case brought by Wirral Council against Roger Hayes for non payment of council tax.

Mr Hayes questioned the legitimacy of the court and then attempted to arrest district judge Michael Peake.

The judge was quickly ushered out of court room one and then demonstrators took it over - one even taking the judge's seat.

Police reinforcements arrived and an hour-long stand off occurred.

Hamilton, Market and Hinderton Streets were closed off, and police formed a cordon outside the court while hundreds of protectors gathered outside.

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpoo ... z1Fy0gTjOW

--
I did find a Councillor Roger Hayes who is the leader of the Liberal Democrats in Bolton, UK. Not the same guy.
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

Protest comes to an end....

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/88943 ... to_an_end/

Not much detail yet.
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Famspear
Knight Templar of the Sacred Tax

Post by Famspear »

It's good to know that our British cousins have their share of wackadoosters.....

:|
"My greatest fear is that the audience will beat me to the punch line." -- David Mamet
Doktor Avalanche
Asst Secretary, the Dept of Jesters

Post by Doktor Avalanche »

Famspear wrote:Protest comes to an end....

http://www.wirralglobe.co.uk/news/88943 ... to_an_end/

Not much detail yet.
I know exactly how this ends:

Someone's getting their skull cracked.
The laissez-faire argument relies on the same tacit appeal to perfection as does communism. - George Soros
The Dog
First Mate
First Mate

Post by The Dog »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:I have since been informed that a few people have been arrested, but strangely they don't appear to include the judge.
The explanation for the failure to arrest the judge may lie here:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... floor.html

As one who was born a couple of miles south of Birkenhead, I despair.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

lol He served in the Irish Guards during the 70s. He could probably, at 61 years old, tie stupid punks like that one into little pretzels and spit them out. Poor, dumb, underprivileged criminals. Surprised that there hasnt been more mention on him being of color and that the man is holding him down.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"