Normal Wisdom
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: "Ceylon" the UK's top Goodfer nothing

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Bones wrote:It would appear so :snicker:

Good bye £480 :haha:
That's an interesting fee. If he had simply claimed back what he had to pay, plus some reasonable sum for costs and inconvenience caused, then he could have had the matter heard by a county court for around £100.

Instead he's asking for a High Court hearing to address Declaratory Relief, eg he doesn't just want his money back but he also wants an order that he cannot be required to pay for a pleasure boat certificate.

I suspect he's going to fail, but he's doing it the right way now and good luck to him. The Canal & Rivers Trust does have a reputation for being commercially greedy and unsympathetic to the ordinary users and residents of UK waterways. It's good that Cocky is taking them on through the proper process, so that if he wins they will have to change their policies.
I am sure we'll hear if he succeeds. However, if he fails ... unless his has Mr Ebert as legal adviser of course.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Bones

Post by Bones »

Bones wrote:Not sure if Guy intended to reveal this other Ceylon failure or not.

Remember the guy with the boat, turns out he paid to get it back :haha:

Looks like after paying to get his boat back, Leigh doesn't want it anymore and is selling up

https://www.facebook.com/groups/narrowb ... nref=story
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

If anything good has come from the Tom Crawford case it can only be (for me) that Mark Haining`s ( Ceylon) goofer site has taken a serious blow. I love that fact that many seem to have lost faith in him and his bullshit site that is riddled with of liars and deceivers.
The best part is the fact that this isn't all down to quatloos! but Mark Haining Ceylon himself who is willing to lie and deceive and encourage others to do the same (SalliNae). He will allow his site to be used by anyone to push and promote any kind of scam if he can put his face on it.
His members should now realize that his site is a farce that couldn't survive without being deceitful. And those that haven't realized will only find themselves getting into more debt....free.
Bones

Post by Bones »

wanglepin wrote:If anything good has come from the Tom Crawford case it can only be (for me) that Mark Haining`s ( Ceylon) goofer site has taken a serious blow. I love that fact that many seem to have lost faith in him and his bullshit site that is riddled with of liars and deceivers.
The best part is the fact that this isn't all down to quatloos! but Mark Haining Ceylon himself who is willing to lie and deceive and encourage others to do the same (SalliNae). He will allow his site to be used by anyone to push and promote any kind of scam if he can put his face on it.
His members should now realize that his site is a farce that couldn't survive without being deceitful. And those that haven't realized will only find themselves getting into more debt....free.
Whilst not directed at the man himself, it is at one of his mod's - you will like this then WP (edited for a family audience)

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... 30#p388105
Noisytone wrote: Re: The JUDGEMENT EXPLAINED!!!!!!!!!

Postby Noisytone » Mon May 25, 2015 12:35 am

Always seems to be your opinion dont it regardless of case law and whats actually gone down what makes you think your OPINION seeing as your just a VERY recent MOd make any f***in difference stop people who can . A read . B had firsthand experience . C seen the carnage and whats gone down realise its b****x .
stop trying to sugar pill a massive 24 carat f**k up .
Goofer's are starting to see the light, it is a wonderful thing to see
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Bones wrote:
Whilst not directed at the man himself, it is at one of his mod's - you will like this then WP (edited for a family audience)

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... 30#p388105
Noisytone wrote: Re: The JUDGEMENT EXPLAINED!!!!!!!!!

Postby Noisytone » Mon May 25, 2015 12:35 am

Always seems to be your opinion dont it regardless of case law and whats actually gone down what makes you think your OPINION seeing as your just a VERY recent MOd make any f***in difference stop people who can . A read . B had firsthand experience . C seen the carnage and whats gone down realise its b****x .
stop trying to sugar pill a massive 24 carat f**k up .
Goofer's are starting to see the light, it is a wonderful thing to see
Excellent. But as I said to letissier14 here only yesterday, that posts such as this would not see the light of day only for the fact that it was a post from a platinum starred mod.
It all counts though, and that can only be a good thing.
slowsmile

Post by slowsmile »

wanglepin wrote:If anything good has come from the Tom Crawford case it can only be (for me) that Mark Haining`s ( Ceylon) goofer site has taken a serious blow. I love that fact that many seem to have lost faith in him and his bullshit site that is riddled with of liars and deceivers.
I have a little sympathy for SalliNae - Haining has left her to defend GOODF with a pair of deuces against pair royals of court cards.

Having said that she'd be out of her depth in a puddle.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Bones wrote:
Bones wrote:Not sure if Guy intended to reveal this other Ceylon failure or not.

Remember the guy with the boat, turns out he paid to get it back :haha:

Looks like after paying to get his boat back, Leigh doesn't want it anymore and is selling up

https://www.facebook.com/groups/narrowb ... nref=story
The advert is dated January. That's why Leigh was especially angry, he had refurbished the boat and was on the verge of selling it (presumably for a profit) without paying any of the required fees and now his investment was disappearing on the back of a low loader.
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
tm169
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by tm169 »

Ceylon has weathered a few scandals in the past and backed a number of very dodgy people. I think he got away with it because he had a strong mod team who would back him up. Losing Mareo, Letiser, Smiling All the way and other loyalists is going to undermine him. Faljay is fairly well respected but a bit of a lightweight (and once sent me a death threat). Saili is new and unproven. Zark isn't exactly loyal (has expressed 3 Letter doubts) and doesn't seem to post much recently. There are no realistic candidates for replacement mods. Landlubber is loyal but is in no place to give advice. Assassin is a notorious liar. Bertie is only concerned with being a mouthpiece for other gurus. Jimmy is too much of a loose cannon.

If an adverse comment it posted by a new member it's instantly deleted and a permanent ban but he seems cautious to ban long standing members. I'd be very interested to keep an eye of Ceylons next steps. I'm guessing a major purge (deleting the Tom's case sub forum maybe) and launching something new. Maybe a new letter template or something.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

tm169 wrote: I'd be very interested to keep an eye of Ceylons next steps. I'm guessing a major purge (deleting the Tom's case sub forum maybe) and launching something new. Maybe a new letter template or something.
I am sure there will be someone there to remind him of this "24 carat F**** up". I wouldn't let it go any time soon. :) And there is the undoubted repercussions of the WeRe bank to come. A bank that he hasn't joined but heavily promotes for others to try and neither has Sycophant SalliNae. She'll need reminding too. :)
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

It is worth considering for a moment how Ceylon operates.

First he promotes a particular line "the court hearing will show us the real position".

Feelings are stoked with the emotive aspects of the case. Courts/newspapers/roundabouts are besieged by a truly eclectic crew of followers.

Then in the face of all logic and truth its a triumphant shout of TOTAL VICTORY!!! in written and verbal form.

Then doubts set in. A few question the party line and are quickly excommunicated. A new tack is called for. Time now to attack the very court he and his team were seeking to rely upon and the judgement it gave. There's talk of changes of venue. It was never a court in the first place (then why bother to waste your time and energy turning up at all?). Judge leaving 'three times' and not turning up straight away. Its a private court (then who let you idiots in?). Dark forces are at work. Nun pro Tunc and Void ab initio. Tom is really a child - children can't hold mortgages. Seals are missing.

Useful idiots keen to impress with their anti-establishment credentials prop them up. The cause of the day provides the backdrop all supported by and promulgated through t'internet.

I'm reminded by the below quote from the excellent Canadian case Meads vs Meads just how predictably these things play out. My bold.
"The bluntly idiotic substance of Mr. Mead’s argument explains the unnecessarily complicated manner in which it was presented. OPCA arguments are never sold to their customers as simple ideas, but instead are byzantine schemes which more closely resemble the plot of a dark fantasy novel than anything else. Latin maxims and powerful sounding language are often used. Documents are often ornamented with many strange marking and seals. Litigants engage in peculiar, ritual‑like in court conduct. All these features appear necessary for gurus to market OPCA schemes to their often desperate, ill‑informed, mentally disturbed, or legally abusive customers. This is crucial to understand the non-substance of any OPCA concept or strategy. The story and process of a OPCA scheme is not intended to impress or convince the Courts, but rather to impress the guru’s customer."
Compare and contrast this assessment with the events in the Crawford case. He could have been describing the same one.

So there we have it. As the author Associate Chief Justice John D. Rooke so ably identifies gurus such as Ceylon and his three amigos are essentially a commercial enterprise and it all boils down to filthy lucre.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Ceylon also has the memory span of a goldfish when it comes to remembering what he has previously said or maintained. He is the epitome of always being at war with Eastasia.

First he says Tom won in court, now he says it wasn't a court. Therefore if Tom won, it wasn't in a court, so by his own reasoning Tom didn't win in court. This is only example of how he has changed his account and refuses to be held to previous statements.

For him the truth seems to be in a constant state of flux and what was true today will be a lie tomorrow. But he'll never admit to having made a mistake, because I don't think he has the ability to remember what he said. Far from having a mental illness I think the man may be labouring under some serious brain damage or other impairment of his ability to recall facts.

Bones, you're the closest thing we've got to a Doctor on this forum, care to weigh in with a diagnosis?
Warning may contain traces of nut
guilty

Post by guilty »

"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
Bones

Post by Bones »

PeanutGallery wrote: Bones, you're the closest thing we've got to a Doctor on this forum, care to weigh in with a diagnosis?
In my professional opinion, he is suffering from a very bad case of "head up own arse". It has very similar symptoms to "head in sand" - but it leaves the person believing everything they say and forgetting everything that have said.

In severe cases it leaves the sufferer in charge of a forum deleting posts that dare question their claims.

Ceylon has the worst case of "head up own arse" that I have ever seen.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

It's a blatant case of "heads I win, tails you lose" - itis.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

PeanutGallery wrote: Bones, you're the closest thing we've got to a Doctor on this forum, care to weigh in with a diagnosis?
I added this as my sig some time ago;
Ceylon`s narcissistic personality is only overshadowed by his self-delusion which borders pathological.When faced with facts that don't suit him he will ignore them and make up alternative ones.
Tom Crawford CC Judgement. https://infotomb.com/cixyk.pdf
Bones

Post by Bones »

wanglepin wrote:Ceylon`s narcissistic personality is only overshadowed by his self-delusion which borders pathological.When faced with facts that don't suit him he will ignore them and make up alternative ones.
He will also delete any posts that pose difficult questions.

Been looking at GOODF very carefully today and posts are being deleted on the quiet. :snicker:

Only one person on there seem to have noticed and that is Society of the Spectacle.

Someone call Sammyw posted video's of Ceylon boasting that Tom had won and they have been deleted. The post count of someone called Rikayon has gone down and Society of the Spectacle, thinks it is the users deleting their own posts. The idiot doesn't realise that it is the site team deleting posts and banning people. Bill man or Bull man, has also had his posts deleted. It is now all being down very quietly.

Hiding the truth from your followers Ceylon by deleting posts - it has been spotted and noted.
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

Normal Wisdom wrote:It's a blatant case of "heads I win, tails you lose" - itis.
A dangerous and unpleasant boil??? Norm..... that sounds familiar :thinking:
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
Bones

Post by Bones »

vampireLOREN wrote:
Normal Wisdom wrote:It's a blatant case of "heads I win, tails you lose" - itis.
I wonder if Ceylon has one of those double headed coins and bets people for drinks
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Bones wrote:
I wonder if Ceylon has one of those double headed coins and bets people for drinks
Well in the case of Crawford,,he wouldn't need one. It is just a case of- Ceylon asking Crawford "Tom, do you want to win or do you want to lose? We can do both, win and lose at the same time, then lose and then win and then make it look like you won when you lost, how do ya wanna play it?"
Crawford would then turn to Guy Taylor for legal counseling who will suggest - "let us make it look like you won, when you lost, then we can say the courts say you lost but you won and Ceylon can then pitch in and say we won in court but it wasn't in real court".
Crawford will then ask,- "and what part do I play in all of this"? to which both Ceylon and Taylor will advise - " you just keep telling lies, but remember, to thank the judge". And Ebert will add " whatever you do Tom, do not release the full transcript of the court's decision until we have had a chance to forensically scrutinise and examine it. Only then we will all give you our separate bills to be paid in cash, not that dodgy Re shite" .
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

vampireLOREN wrote:
Yes, as you know I cannot claim the credit for that superb description. I am happy to quote the author if desired.