Australia: High speed freeman chase

Moderators: Prof, Judge Roy Bean, ArthurWankspittle

Bill Lumbergh
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Australia: High speed freeman chase

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

No idea who these blokes are but they thought it would be a great idea to video themselves being chased by police while shouting "Freemen on the land!". The camera does pan over the speedometer but I can't tell how fast they're going.

Eventually, they get pulled over and their car window gets smashed in as they get dragged out and presumably into handcuffs.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=ea8_1381267106
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Australia: High speed freeman chase

Post by fortinbras »

The speedometer is shown, at the peak, at about "80". I assume this is kilometers so this translates into 50 mph. Not outrageously fast by US standards but plenty dangerous in a city, in the rain, with a drunk at the wheel trying to elude cop cars.

Don't have a clue how this ended, but having his windows smashed, being dragged out, almost certainly handcuffed, arrested for DUI/speeding/reckless driving/obstructing police/etc AND replacing his windows is a very expensive way to learn to learn driving etiquette.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I'd say it sounds like he royally ticked someone off and there was most likely a good deal more involved than a bit of speeding. But yeah, stupid is expensive.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Well, the commentary at the beginning of the video, presumably recited at that time, says he was dodging a breathalyzer test, which leads me to think that the police had already stopped him or tried to stop him and he took off. So right away the police were involved and by jackrabbiting he raised the distinct suspicion that he had something more serious than DUI going in on his car. Undoubtedly resisting arrest can be included in his eventual charges. I am pretty sure that once arrested, the cops went over his car with a finetooth comb on the suspicion that he might have been motivated by the presence of something Really Felonious inside his car.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

IIRC, here, fleeing and eluding are the same as/ more serious then resisting arrest since it incorporates resisting arrest with an attempt to flee the police. At least in MD the actual charge was:
ATTEMPT BY DRIVER TO ELUDE UNIFORMED POLICE BY FAILING TO STOP VEHICLE
And that was what you were charged with, on top of any moving violations the officer felt to include.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

Again, I think that the Aussie police were a bit more restrained than American cops. I think that, after that wild chase, American cops would have approached with guns drawn and might not have even paused to make a request before smashing the windows.
Hercule Parrot
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Thanks - always hilarious to see FMOTL beliefs dissolving upon contact with reality.

I do not consent! Oh, my aching ribs.....
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

I think that FOTLers are correct that "I do not consent" are magic words.

Sadly, they are magic words that tell the cops the FOTLer won't listen to reason and won't comply with instructions. In effect, they tell the cop that he has to use force.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

"NO! NO! YOU CAN'T THROW ME IN PRISON! I DO NOT CONSENT! I'M A FREE MAN ON THE LAND AND FULLY SOVEREIGN, SO YOU HAVE NO JURISDICTION OVER ME, AND I NEVER ENTERED INTO A CONTRACT WHICH GIVES YOU THAT JURISDICTION! I DO NOT CONSENT! UCC-1-308! NUNC PRO TUNC, PRETERA PRETEREA, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED, ACCEPTED FOR VALUE AND REFUSED FOR CAUSE, LAWFUL MONEY DEMANDED PER 12 USC 411...."

(slam)

"Hi -- I'm Big Bubba, and you and I are going to be REAL close friends...."
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools