Trueman Tuck enters the battle to become the first freeman MP

Moderator: Burnaby49

Philistine
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Trueman Tuck enters the battle to become the first freeman MP

Post by Philistine »

Hanslune wrote:Isn't the Canadian Senate a pale version of the British House of Lords?
According to my wife (a Brit) the British House of Lords is a pale version of the British House of Lords.
In answer to your question, I would say yes, it mimics that role.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

the senate is to be parliaments 'sober second thought' but it has turned into a circus of appointed for life until age 75 do nothings that fleece the taxpayer at every opportunity. they manipulate words in ways that make the average opca believer look like they have a complete grasp of the law. take mike duffy and his not understanding what "primary residence" means for example.

here is the wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senate_of_Canada

got a feeling it shant be around much longer.

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

bmxninja357 wrote:the senate is to be parliaments 'sober second thought' but it has turned into a circus of appointed for life until age 75 do nothings that fleece the taxpayer at every opportunity. they manipulate words in ways that make the average opca believer look like they have a complete grasp of the law. take mike duffy and his not understanding what "primary residence" means for example.

here is the wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Senate_of_Canada

got a feeling it shant be around much longer.

peace,
ninj
While I agree with everything you said in that post, in fact I'd go further, you are now ovestepping into political discussion. Explaining the senate's purported function and its role in government in relation to the house of commons is fine. Personal opinions on the ethics or morality of what the senators are actually doing with the institution is a topic for another blog.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

duffy (and wallin) are not political they are criminal. one is currently on trial, one is under investigation. and it is a scam stretching across the entire realm of canadian taxpayers. they are just well positioned opca litigants. the duffy defence is no different than anyone else playing word games in court to explain how taking others money when you dont deserve it is legal.

i will use two quotes from duffy to show what i mean by him being a opca type then i will stick with friar tuck and restrain what could be considered political.
Mike Duffy
My primary residence is located within 100 kilometres from Parliament Hill ... My primary residence is more than 100 kilometres from Parliament Hill - THE GLOBEAND MAIL, 04-Mar-13
“I said, I don’t believe I owe anything, and besides which, I don’t have $90,000.”
sound opca to you?
peace,
ninj
Last edited by bmxninja357 on Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

You left out my personal favorite. A current Canadian senator who's day job is managing Barefax, an Ottawa strip club.
Patrick Brazeau (born November 11, 1974) is a suspended[1] Canadian senator, who until February 7, 2013, was sitting with the Conservative Party. At the age of 40, he was the youngest member of the Senate. From February 2006 until January 2009 he held the position of national chief of the Congress of Aboriginal Peoples. Brazeau was expelled from the Conservative caucus following his February 7, 2013, arrest for domestic assault and sexual assault.[2] Brazeau is currently employed as day manager of an Ottawa strip club called the BareFax.[3]
He's an exemplary example to the rest of us Canadians.
On February 7, 2013, scarcely nine days after the Spence incident, Brazeau was arrested for an incident relating to domestic violence.[29][30] He was charged with assault and sexual assault in Gatineau court house the next day. After a short court appearance Brazeau was released on $1000 bail on the condition he not go within 150 metres of the victim's work or home.[31][32] Government Senate Leader Marjory LeBreton later announced that, pending a resolution to Brazeau's legal situation, the Senator will be removed from the Conservative caucus and barred from taking his seat, although the Senator will still be paid his full salary.[33] Brazeau is scheduled to stand trial for sexual assault in March 2015.

April 10, 2014, the day before a trial was to be set, police allege that he was intoxicated and got into an altercation with a woman. They arrested him on new charges of assault, cocaine possession, uttering threats and breach of bail conditions. He has plead not guilty.[34]

In October 13, 2014, Brazeau was charged for intoxicated driving. An officer investigated an unconscious Brazeau as he parked and was seated behind the steering wheel and he detected a strong scent of liquor. Brazeau tested for .16 BAC at the police station.[35] He is officially charged with:violating bail conditions and intoxicated driving. A knife was found in his vehicle, and he was charged with weapons possession violating bail conditions. Brazeau was court ordered to two months of detox rehabilitation as he awaits trial.[36]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patrick_Brazeau
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

so i guess trueman tuck will fit right in. it seems like many in official positions in canada keep getting paid even when they are lowlifes. street criminals could learn a lot from them. i guess to scam really well requires a senate appointment prior to your criminal career.

i will not be political.
i will not be political.
i will not be political.

peace,
ninj
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

To correct you on a technical point of parliamentary procedure; neither Wallin, Duffy, or Brazeau are currently getting paid senate salaries or can claim expense reimbursements. That will change very shortly because their suspensions end with the term of the current government which takes place next month. The only way to keep them off the gravy train is to have the senate vote in new suspensions after the federal election.
Suspension of Duffy, Wallin and Brazeau

After 2 weeks of debate, on Tuesday November 5, 2013 the Senate voted to suspend Mike Duffy, Pamela Wallin and Patrick Brazeau without pay and most benefits. The Senators kept their health and dental benefits as well as their life insurance.[70] The Senators were expected to be automatically and fully reinstated with the dissolution of Parliament prior to the 42nd Canadian general election,[71] but due to pending charges against Duffy and Brazeau, certain Senate resources remain unavailable to them.[72]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_ ... ela_Wallin

Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Burnaby:
I love the new avatar!
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Dr. Caligari wrote:Burnaby:
I love the new avatar!
I'm special. Webhick, our computer guru, decided that it was to be my new face to the world. Since one does not cross Webhick it was out with the old and in with the new. It's actually growing on me and it does reflect, in a glance, my role as the Canadian moderator. My old avatar, Vancouver's coat of arms, was too complex. Simplicity has its virtues in symbols.

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I like it too. But i have a vague memory of "pink squirrel" being the name of some overly complicated cocktail.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Any Brits think like me that Trueman Tuck sounds like a character from Viz?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Burnaby49 wrote:
Dr. Caligari wrote:Burnaby:
I love the new avatar!
I'm special. Webhick, our computer guru, decided that it was to be my new face to the world. Since one does not cross Webhick it was out with the old and in with the new. It's actually growing on me and it does reflect, in a glance, my role as the Canadian moderator. My old avatar, Vancouver's coat of arms, was too complex. Simplicity has its virtues in symbols.
First a complaint about bottoms, and now you're running around flashing your beaver for all to see...
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

grixit wrote:I like it too. But i have a vague memory of "pink squirrel" being the name of some overly complicated cocktail.
Posted below is the source image. Note the attractive colour combination. There's a lesson to be learned on why I'm pink. When I was initially made a mod Webhick put my name in bright pink letter, as Arthur's name is now. I was foolish enough to whine about it.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=10458

Webhick waited until she saw an opportunity. When I posted the picture below in the moderator's lounge she pounced. I suddenly had two avatars, the crest of the city of Vancouver and the pink rodent. Having learned my lesson I deleted the crest and embraced my new pinkitude.