Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Moderator: Burnaby49

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Dean Clifford - A Tale of Two Gurus

Post by notorial dissent »

Would make one wonder, provided there was really reason to care, just what filled an otherwise stupid and useless individual with so much rage? That kind of rage coupled with that much self destructive stupidity really takes an awful lot of work and constant fueling, adn the end result is never good. As our bright boy will find out in Sept. I don't know how Canadian prisons are, but I seriously doubt he'd last too long in an American one after one of his mouthings off, to the very wrongest of persons.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Hanslune wrote:Rebel without a cause.
More like Rebel without a clue.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Wake Up! Productions
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

notorial dissent wrote:Would make one wonder, provided there was really reason to care, just what filled an otherwise stupid and useless individual with so much rage? That kind of rage coupled with that much self destructive stupidity really takes an awful lot of work and constant fueling, adn the end result is never good. As our bright boy will find out in Sept. I don't know how Canadian prisons are, but I seriously doubt he'd last too long in an American one after one of his mouthings off, to the very wrongest of persons.
Dean's adopted mother (Donna) died on February 10, 2010. It was only after this dated that Dean appeared on the Freeman scene. From what I can tell, the earliest Youtube video of Dean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BXFgK60M74 was uploaded on November 4, 2011.

To answer your question, although Dean has been a shit-disturber all his life, I believe it was the death of his mother that set him on his current destructive path.
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:Dean's adopted mother (Donna) died on February 10, 2010. It was only after this dated that Dean appeared on the Freeman scene. From what I can tell, the earliest Youtube video of Dean https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7BXFgK60M74 was uploaded on November 4, 2011.

. . .although Dean has been a shit-disturber all his life, I believe it was the death of his mother that set him on his current destructive path.
Things happen for a reason. Dean's adopted mother dies and as time passes Dean's rage against authority only gets worse. At one point a few years ago in a couple of his YouTubes Dean goes all stream of consciencness and starts wondering if maybe he's letting his anger get the best of him and thinks out loud that maybe he'd be better off he tried to be more peaceful.

Who knows where Dean's hatred of authority comes from. A domineering father figure? A school that wouldn't cut him any slack? Both?

But it could be that his adopted mother was the person helping him deal with it.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Re the video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vBg3m_scLFs

And Dean's story of defiance against the man. I contacted an acquaintance who works within a provincial court system and is very knowledgeable about pre-sentencing procedures. He said he knows what the whole issue is about. The parole officer Clifford was asked to contact is almost certainly preparing Clifford's Pre-Sentence Report [PSR]. Clifford is not required to participate in preparation of a PSR, but it appears he initially refused to respond to the parole officer's inquiries. That led to last weeks' court hearing where Clifford was ordered by the sentencing judge to contact the parole officer in question. Clifford did that, but is now refusing any further interaction with the parole officer. That is going to cost him.

What this is is the Court and Crown ensuring that there is absolutely no argument possible that Clifford was denied an opportunity to explain himself, his beliefs, and his activities as part of the PSR. The line of communication was there - Clifford chose to ignore it.

What Dean seems to stupid to realize is that his failure to cooperate with preparing the PSR will likely be a negative factor in sentencing. The same thing happened to Jonathon Livingstone Seagull, who pulled much the same stunt. Bad, bad call. All Dean had to do was attend, talk about how he's had it tough as an adopted child, he was trapped in a building collapse, yadda yadda, and that could be at least some basis for a weak mitigating factor. But instead the Deanster got all defiant. That means the PSR will be an entirely one-sided affair based on government documents, Dean's criminal records, and whatever data can be obtained from Dean's family and friends.

In short he's doing his absolute best to maximize his jail time.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent

The downside of all this would have been that if Deano had cooperated he would have had to have acted like a civilized functioning member of society, and that is something, I am not sure he could evven fake, so it is just as well that they just have the established facts of who and what Deano is rather than some distorted fabrication of his making. And let's face it, if he had to pretend he was a functioning member of society, he wouldn't be being true to his inner FOTL jackass.

But yeah, that all sounds about right and highly plausible. Deano is in deep denial and it's only going to get worse as the sentencing date gets closer.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
LaVidaRoja
Basileus Quatlooseus

Post by LaVidaRoja »

Is Dean even go to show up for sentencing? And if he doesn't, what happens? If he does, will he face immediate remand?
Little boys who tell lies grow up to be weathermen.
Bill Lumbergh
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

LaVidaRoja wrote:Is Dean even go to show up for sentencing? And if he doesn't, what happens? If he does, will he face immediate remand?
If he doesn't show then a bench warrant for his arrest will issue. He'll then get picked up and charged with failing to appear. Then he gets hauled in to get sentenced on the gun/drug charges. Skipping a sentencing is extremely aggravating and can add time onto a sentence.

If he does show and gets sentenced to jail time, then it's off to the slammer immediately.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Bill Lumbergh wrote:
LaVidaRoja wrote:Is Dean even go to show up for sentencing? And if he doesn't, what happens? If he does, will he face immediate remand?
If he doesn't show then a bench warrant for his arrest will issue. He'll then get picked up and charged with failing to appear. Then he gets hauled in to get sentenced on the gun/drug charges. Skipping a sentencing is extremely aggravating and can add time onto a sentence.

If he does show and gets sentenced to jail time, then it's off to the slammer immediately.
Considering Dean's history such an arrest should be interesting.
Dick Dastardly
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Dick Dastardly »

Bill Lumbergh wrote:

I would presume that should Dean fail to appear and achieve fugitive status a much more concentrated effort would be made to apprehend him than say Robert Menard? What would be the Canadian equivalent of the U.S. Marshals?
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

Whatever peace officer or police person finds or contacts him. Since he is already convicted there would be much more searching than for others with only a non violent bench Warrant. Plus he is convicted of charges with extremely lengthy maximums. They would hunt for him.

Peace
Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
notorial dissent

Since he is/was up on repeated weapons charges one can also assume that the next meeting won't be anywhere near as cordial as previously, and I think with very good reason. The man is dangerously taught and stupid, two very bad conditions to have at the same time.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Dick Dastardly wrote:What would be the Canadian equivalent of the U.S. Marshals?
Royal Canadian Mounted Police?
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Arthur Rubin wrote:
Dick Dastardly wrote:What would be the Canadian equivalent of the U.S. Marshals?
I don't know what the role of US Marshals is but I doubt the RCMP are in any way equivalent. The RCMP are a national police force operated by the federal government. The RCMP generally function under contract by the local governments that use them. As an example most of British Columbia is policed by the RCMP because we are mainly a very sparsely populated province with many small town that can't afford their own police force. So they contract with the RCMP to do the job. Vancouver, the largest city in British Columbia, has its own police force but Surrey and Burnaby, second and third largest, are policed by the RCMP. Ontario and Quebec, our two largest provinces by population have their own provincial police forces and do not use the RCMP althought the RCMP operate in those provinces enforcing federal laws. As Wikipedia says;

As Canada's national police force, the Royal Canadian Mounted Police is primarily responsible for enforcing federal laws throughout Canada while general law and order including the enforcement of the Criminal Code and applicable provincial legislation is constitutionally the responsibility of the provinces and territories. Larger cities commonly form their own municipal police departments.

The two most populous provinces, Ontario and Quebec, maintain provincial forces: the Ontario Provincial Police and Sûreté du Québec. The other eight provinces contract policing responsibilities to the RCMP. The RCMP provides front-line policing in those provinces under the direction of the provincial governments. When Newfoundland joined the confederation in 1949, the RCMP entered the province and absorbed the then Newfoundland Ranger Force, which patrolled most of Newfoundland's rural areas. The Royal Newfoundland Constabulary patrols urban areas of the province. In the territories, the RCMP is the sole territorial police force. Many municipalities throughout Canada contract to the RCMP. Thus, the RCMP polices at the federal, provincial, and municipal level. It is the only police force of any sort in several areas of Canada.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Royal_Can ... ted_Police

If Dean bolts but stays in Manitoba it would be the responsibility of the RCMP to find him since they police the entire province. If he went to Ontario the RCMP would act with the Ontario Provincial Police to nail him.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Llwellyn
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Llwellyn »

Any and all policing agents/agencies would go after him.. however the RCMP would be the ones doing the actual manhunt (If Dean tries to skip). As it is a Federal conviction over the firearms and drugs, Federal jurisdiction applies. The RCMP and local (city/provincial police forces) do really act together, one will almost never attempt to supersede the other, however, the RCMP do have jurisdiction in all of Canada, including on the native/indian reservations. (My father was a RCMP constable when he first married my mother. :) both are deceased now, but I learned a lot from them.)
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Burnaby49 wrote:
Arthur Rubin wrote:
I don't know what the role of US Marshals is but I doubt the RCMP are in any way equivalent.
The US Marshals Service has several functions, like security, witness protection, and backup for other law enforcement. And fugitive pursuit. I've seen a claim that adding a marshal to a pursuit automatically broadens the scope of a local warrant to nationwide, but i'm dubious. Still, if a local force asks the marshals to help find someone, it probably would be done through channels that include issuing a federal warrant with the same charges as the local one.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
NG3

Post by NG3 »

Jeffrey wrote:Bill Noble
Is he still around?

I remember him, he was forever starting up "movements"
SirHarryShagnasty
Stowaway
Stowaway

Post by SirHarryShagnasty »

What ho, chaps. Just wondering if Probation officers check someone's Facebook, YouTube when preparing the PRS. Maybe someone could give the court a heads up :whistle:
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I said in an earlier posting;
I contacted an acquaintance who works within a provincial court system and is very knowledgeable about pre-sentencing procedures. He said he knows what the whole issue is about. The parole officer Clifford was asked to contact is almost certainly preparing Clifford's Pre-Sentence Report [PSR]. Clifford is not required to participate in preparation of a PSR, but it appears he initially refused to respond to the parole officer's inquiries. That led to last weeks' court hearing where Clifford was ordered by the sentencing judge to contact the parole officer in question. Clifford did that, but is now refusing any further interaction with the parole officer. That is going to cost him.
Confirmed by a new entry in Dean's Manitoba QB criminal file:
86 04-Sep-2015 Winnipeg
QB CORRESPONDENCE - FROM S. SILVER; 04SEP2015 RE: CONTACT FOR PSR REPORT

eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

SirHarryShagnasty wrote:What ho, chaps. Just wondering if Probation officers check someone's Facebook, YouTube when preparing the PRS. Maybe someone could give the court a heads up :whistle:
Here's a link that gives you some information as to what they look into:
https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Canadian_ ... nce_Report
Basicly they can look at anything when preparing the report...
(d) any matter required, by any regulation made under subsection (2), to be included in the report.
Here is a link to a "defendant's guide for PSR's"
http://www.nolo.com/legal-encyclopedia/ ... ve-it.html
BTW, I got interested in the matter of PSR's when following the travails of Bruce Montague. http://brucemontague.ca/html/index.html
He had an immaculate PSR, is more of a sovereign citizen than a Canadian style FMOTL, but still had the book thrown at him. I'm not sure if his personal situation falls under Quatloos's guidelines (probably not), but since I personally knew the man (I wrote his employee performance evaluations decades ago) and am interested in the whole question of firearms ownership I try to keep updated regarding him. BTW, I refuse to get involved in any discussions about firearms control on this forum - I reserve my feelings for that topic for other groups.