Let’s watch a Freeman ruin his life! In RealTime!

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Let’s watch a Freeman ruin his life! In RealTime!

Post by Burnaby49 »

The clock is ticking for our latest knucklehead, Rob Nevers of New Brunswick. If his Freeman magic doesn't work in the next week or so he's going to have his home sold out from under him because of his refusal to pay his mortgage. Sorry, what I meant was the refusal of those crooks at his bank to realize that he has already paid if off through a notarized promissory note and a conditional acceptance letter.

Rob is a new user at the World Freeman Society posting under the name “motorheadv10”. He recently started a message thread titled “I paid my mortgage with a promissory note”

http://worldfreemansociety.ca/forum/49- ... ssory-note
In February 2014, after research of the uncitral, Bills of Exchange act, Bank of Canada Act, Bank Act, and various other gov't acts and laws. I learned about the bank lending us our own money we created with our signature, and I learned about Birth Certificates, persons, and the debt slave system., I asked for a meeting at the bank and asked to see my mortgage documents. They didn't have them in house and said they could fax them from Montreal. I asked to have the originals brought in with my signature, so he said it would take 5-7 days and I said that's fine. After waiting for them to call, I called them on the 8th day. The same representative said, Oh they just came in yesterday. I went in to the bank the next day to find fax copies of a mortgage agreement and mortgage approval with no signatures that had arrived the day after my first meeting. I set up an appointment with the manager and when I went to see her a brought with me a notarized promissory note to pay for the mortgage and a conditional acceptance letter. The bank manager said, "I can't honor that, it's made out to you." I said, "Yes it is, according to the bills of exchange act." Since she would not accept my payment, I gave her a conditional acceptance letter. The series of notices continued unanswered and I have gone into arrears from nonpayment since April 2014. During this process I have since become a secured party creditor by placing a lien on my person and have also copyrighted my name if that has any effect, I'm not sure. On Aug 1 I received a Demand Letter from the banks' solicitors and will go ahead with power of sale if the arrears are not received by Aug 8. I sent the solicitors a notice to provide evidence of the signed mortgage note, and that I had complete title of the property and they would need my permission to go ahead with a power of sale.

I spoke to Micheal Tellinger after his stop in Canada in May 2014. I asked him about the secret to having the bank accept a promissory note. He said to go to the bank headquarters and deliver it through the mail room to the chief financial officer. As the bank is going to do a power of sale of my property, I sent the lawyers my note to see if they would accept it and they would not. They say it is not lawful money of Canada. I hopped on a plane and flew to Toronto the next day after receiving their letter denying my payment. I delivered a joint and several note (promissory note) to settle the full amount of the mortgage to the Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce. As the note and cover letter were not in an envelope they called up to the CFO and read off the note. The CFO's office said they would accept it. I tried to get a delivery stamp but they don't have a stamp. I received a manifest for the package I delivered. I put the papers in an envelope and they received it. This happened on September 10, 2014 and I received a letter on October 2, 2014 from the bank's lawyer stating again that this is not lawful money of Canada. I'm getting frustrated with this whole issue and not sure what to do next. I have paid my mortgage with money in the form of a financial instrument. Do I have to sue the bank now? Any help would be greatly appreciated as this situation is very stressful to get them to acknowledge the law. According to the bills of exchange act this debt can be set-off with a note. What is your opinion on this matter and what would you do? This morning I was informed that my property has been listed in the newspaper for mortgage sale. The auction is in 1 month

That was on Oct. 15. Rob now has a little over a week left before his house is sold out from under him.

It looks like he is using the same promissory note/Bills of Exchange Act scam described in Meads v Meads, 2012 ABQB 571 at paras 524-528. It doesn’t work. Rob probably got this scheme (directly or indirectly) from Eldon Warman’s Detax Canada website. The site is a mess, but search for this text: “VERRRY INTERESTING BIT OF KNOWLEDGE” (http://www.detaxcanada.org) which lays out Eldon’s idea of how you can add value to a promissory note with your signature alone.

Rob followed up his first salvo at the bank with a foisted unilateral agreement set of letters. We all know how well that works.

Now the luminaries of the WFS offer their wisdom:
Meta says:

Address suits to each person who has, or will cause you damage and/or loss in the past or future.....be sure to include the specific words when you bring your lawsuits against each one, "in your private capacity", which means that each one is now being sued for stepping outside of the Law and has acted without Law. List how each one you met, has acted lawlessly and deliver it registered to a Magistrate of a Court and if that is rejected, sue that Magistrate also, in a higher Appeals Court. Keep adding damage upon damage....
Launch a bunch of frivolous lawsuits. Great idea!

WaveWalker suggests Rob demand original documents and accounting:
A personal one for me is Ask the bank to produce the original wet signature Banking Resolution contract for your personal bank account, it is my suspicion that you bank account has also been securitized, monetized or in some other way your signature has also been used to profit the bank without your consent; this is FRAUD (Please get back to me on the results; it is very important)

Also has the bank followed GAAP - Generally Approved Accounting Principals .... probably not
Unfortunately for Rob this argument has already been rejected repeatedly by Canadian courts. Such as this case from the very court where Rob is going to have to fight, the New Brunswick Court of Queen’s Bench: Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce v Piedrahita, 2012 NBQB 101

http://canlii.ca/t/fqrbm

Piedrahita had tried to challenge a credit card debt.
[5] He is concerned that the documentation, especially with regard to the credit card account, includes bank documentations which were issued on the assumption that the main customer would first activate the card and would thereupon be, by doing so, agreeing to be bound by the terms of the documentation enclosed with the card.

[6] He is also concerned about the ledger balances and the proof of them. The bank manager explained that the ledger balances were written off at the branch level at the time that they were transferred to the collections people or collections branch or administration of the bank.

[7] The bank manager who testified was authorized and directed to testify. She knows nothing about any arrangements that might ever have been made with a collection agency if there were any. All she knows is that according to the bank records and the banking documentation that she has received, Mr. Piedrahita still owns both accounts.

[8] Mr. Piedrahita would have preferred to have received what he calls “wet ink” signatures by himself for the business credit before he got them today. The bank manager made it clear in her evidence that it would be unthinkable for them to just send the originals of those documents to him because they would need them for their other purposes as they were used today.

[9] With regard to the credit card accounts, as I understand the authorization process, it does not sound as if there is in fact a wet ink contract but rather a contract that was accepted by activation of the card and the documentation that went with that.

[10] As I see it, the bank documentation and proof is consistent with the modern age of multi-branch banking and businessmen moving from, for example, Barrie to Saint John and being able to use a very portable device of a credit card or overdraft protection wherever they might be.

[11] In proof of banking accounts, the Court does not need proof beyond a reasonable doubt in this civil claim. It needs proof only on a balance of probabilities.
And he lost:

[
16] For these reasons, I am satisfied that the bank has proven its accounts and that they have proven them to be debts incurred by the defendant, Alexander Hamilton Piedrahita.

Here’s another one, this time from Alberta: Royal Bank of Canada v Place, 2010 ABQB 733:

http://canlii.ca/t/2dkq

Place tried to nullify his mortgage using these items:
4. An “Affidavit of Truth and Fact,” filed by Mr. Place, discussed above. Some of the other portions of the “Demand for Disclosure” included the following requests:

(i) “31. Provide evidence that the sum of $350,000.00 was actually advanced by the Plaintiff to the mortgagor in full as per Affidavit of Default prepared by D’Arcy Moral of the City of New Westminster, by evidence of bank ledger.”

(ii) “32. Provide wet ink signature contract that the Defendant covenanted to pay the Plaintiff monthly instalments of $348.55 commencing June 5, 2006 and continuing thereafter to and including May 18, 2011 when full outstanding balance becomes due, as per the Affidavit of Default as prepared by D’Arcy Moran of the City of New Westminster.”

(iii) “34. Provide wet ink signature contract that the original Mortgage amount was $160,200.00, as per sworn “Affidavit in Support of Reduced Fees” by Loti Bartash of First Canadian Title Company dated July 12, 2007.”

(iv) “35. Provide a ledger showing all payments made by the defendant to the Plaintiff for the alleged Mortgage and RBC Homeline Plan Agreement, including all payments made directly to the Plaintiff and also to Witten LLP in trust.”

(b) A copy of an “Affidavit of Walker F. Todd, Expert Witness for Defendants,” which appears to have been used in the Circuit Court for the County of Oakland in 2003,

(c) A “Fee Schedule,” and

(d) A copy of the Notice of Motion and associated Affidavits for this motion, filed by Witten LLP.
These documents were irrelevant and the foreclosure was confirmed. Place was ordered to pay solicitor-client costs. This is a rate much higher than the standard costs and serves as a punishment for engaging in a meritless lawsuit.

Rob is still undeterred, but at least he’s smart enough to avoid WaveWalker’s suggestion he call Winston Shrout’s emergency telephone service:
I have read all the info in the financial administration and the bills of exchange act. I have sent letters requesting the original documents and letters of dishonor to follow all the unanswered correspondence. I decided to not pay anymore which may have been a mistake but I won't stop fighting these bastards. The problem is to get the lawyers or bank to acknowledge the acts.

I have delivery and acceptance which would finalize the transaction. In Canada there are foreclosures and power of sale. Foreclosure is when they kick out the tenants and sell the property. Power of sale is when they will sell your home at auction then kick out the tenants as in my case it's a power of sale.

I sent a letter to the banks' lawyer stating I was a MAN and it was my BELIEF that the debt has been paid. I required them to postpone the sale indefinitely as they were mine truly. Sometimes the simple stuff works better. They can't act on a man, only the person, and a man's belief's cannot be challenged.

verynewtothis I have watched all your vids and your info is great stuff. Do you also live in New Brunswick? I attempted to send you the bank manager meeting a few months back but couldn't get it to upload and I never got around to transcribing it. The best part was when I asked where the money comes from and she said the bank lends out it's deposits. And then she says the bank has coffers of money for loans. I don't remember getting a coffer full of cash to buy my home. ha ha. :S

Then two days ago motorheadv10 described an exchange of correspondence:
I received a letter back from the banks' lawyers:

"Regarding your reference to the Bills of Exchange Act, I can advise that this particular federal statute has no relevance to your mortgage with CIBC and your obligation to repay your mortgage debt. To reiterate, the "promissory note" that you previously forwarded to our office is not lawful money of Canada and cannot be accepted as payment in full of your mortgage."

"Regarding your reference to the Financial Administration Act, I am unaware of any particular provision that would be applicable to the current situation involving our power of sale proceedings under the Property Act."

So i sent a return letter hand written in blue ink that goes like this:

Dear Terry, Greetings,

i have received your letter dated October 28, 2014. At this time i, a man Rob Nevers do not have access to more than $30 Thirty Dollars per month; is there any thing else of value in which you will accept as payment to a debt in which: You claim is true,and;
You believe i owe to you,and;
You declare is now post due?
i require a prompt answer, as i believe you wish to move my property from my land.
i, as a man verify all here and will as verify all be true in open court.

Signed and thumb printed.

Let's see how he likes that one.
And yesterday:
Those are great questions but i'm down to the wire here and i don't think the mail system is that fast, plus the bank never answered any of the 10 or more letters i sent them already. I've already had 2 registered letters sent regular mail because the clerk put the whole sticker on the back of the envelope. Canada Post sucks!!

They keep talking about the note i sent to their office! After they wouldn't accept my note, I flew to Toronto and hand delivered a promissory note to CIBC head office and that is where the delivery and acceptance took place. This is the same note that was confirmed and a confirmation receipt sent to my person by the lawyers with a photo copy of the note. If they didn't want it, send it back to me!!!If it goes to auction i plan on taking it to court. Then all those questions will come in handy.

By making them an offer, they can't refuse it or the debt would be discharged. Plus if i take them to court it would be in queen's bench. Corporations can't follow a man into an open court.

Until my next update, thanks for all the help.
Yep. Trying to enforce foisted unilateral agreements works really well, as we see in Royal Bank of Canada v. Skrapec, 2011 BCSC 1827

http://canlii.ca/t/fq9sc
[51] The fact that a letter is sent to the bank, registered or otherwise, demanding that the bank prove its claim in a specific way, does not oblige them to do that. He might just as well have asked the bank officers to dress in some specific costume and march down the street, if in fact the debts were owed. It does not mean they are required to do it.
This is going to end up predictably with Rob out on the street. The clock's ticking.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Fmotlgroupie
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Let’s watch a Freeman ruin his life! In RealTime!

Post by Fmotlgroupie »

He does a lot of flying for a guy making do with $30/month, doesn't he?

Thanks on a couple of levels. First of all for references to a bunch of older decisions which were /all/ new to me, and secondly for showing me that there's still interesting train wrecks on the WFS forum - I'll have to get back into reading it!
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

I wish the UK had interesting legal cases to talk about.

Rob Nevers seems to suffer from the "proof to whom" fallacy. SovCits, and even more sensible folk, often think the prosecution need to prove their case to the defendant's satisfaction. If that can't be done, they think they can't be found guilty/liable.

They are then hit by the double-whammy that (a) it is the court, not the defendant, who decides the case and (b) in civil cases, the level of proof required is far less than "absolutely certain".
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

The first clue you should have that something will go wrong is when Meta tells you you're doing great!
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

out of curiosity, what would the suggestions from here be for this fellow to save his house? and no, im not fishing for anything but advice for those who may read this. im just using his current situation as a starting point.

live and learn.
peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

bmxninja357 wrote:out of curiosity, what would the suggestions from here be for this fellow to save his house? and no, im not fishing for anything but advice for those who may read this. im just using his current situation as a starting point.
I don't know if it's possible, but a statement that he was wrong plus a real certified check for back mortgage payments plus 10% (or the amount specified in the foreclosure notice plus mortgage payments due after that point) might be sufficient to stop the foreclosure, even now. Even after the foreclosure sale, there is a formal redemption procedure specified in law for a short period of time.

This is not to say that the bank will not and should not make it difficult for a homeowner who has caused them this much trouble. That's why I am saying the process specified in law might be sufficient.

But I'm in the United States. Canadians are friendlier, eh?
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

thank you for your thoughts on this. i do deal with this type of thing a lot, cars, houses, credit cards, etc... much of it i really do not care if folks do not want to do proper research. but its nice to know some answers if it comes to the crunch.

personally, i do not use credit. if i cant buy it cash i cant afford it is my motto.

thanks again,
ninj
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

bmxninja357 wrote:out of curiosity, what would the suggestions from here be for this fellow to save his house? and no, im not fishing for anything but advice for those who may read this. im just using his current situation as a starting point.

live and learn.
peace,
ninj
I agree with Rubin. Since he is already foreclosed and the sale is apparently in a week or so it is probably way too late remedy the situation. If any recourse is available he would, at a minimum, have to make good on the arrears of his payments plus probably pay the bank's cost. However if getting back on track requires cooperation from the bank he's probably completely burned that bridge. Why would the bank bother to take him back? They have no reason to believe that if he did make them whole he wouldn't start all this again or come up with some new stupidity. They don't need the aggrevation for one trivial mortgage. They'll sell, take a loss if they don't recover enough, and be rid of him.

He, on the other hand, apart from losing his place, has totally destroyed his credit rating. He's now toxic to any bank he applies to for a new mortgage.

Reasonable remedies are irrelevant in any case. From what I see he is not trying to repair the damage he's caused, he's still looking for more magic remedies from WFS to screw the bank. After he's lost his place (he's already lost it but just doesn't realize it yet) he'll still think he was right and he has been cheated by the bank. I have no sympathy; all his problems are totally self-inflicted in a moronic attempt to get somebody else to pay for his home.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

A friend more knowledgeable about foreclosures than me (Maybe he tried the same stunts as Rob once!) suggested the following;
Any person with a mortgage who falls behind (into default) has a common law "right to redemption" if the lender chooses to demand the foreclosure. If the person facing foreclosure pays off the entire outstanding mortgage debt - not just how far behind he is, but everything including interest, penalties under the contract and so on - then the lender cannot proceed with the foreclosure:

http://www.duhaime.org/LegalDictionary/ ... ption.aspx

This right exists in Rob's jurisdiction, New Brunswick, see for example:

Leby Properties Ltd. v. The Manufacturers Life Insurance Company, 2006 NBCA 14:

http://canlii.ca/t/1mg26

This is a guaranteed way to save your home from foreclosure. It will probably mean you have to go to another bank or lender to obtain new funding, but if you do that in an open, honest way the new lender may be game to take the step, particularly if the loan is guaranteed by some sizable security. There's a good chance using OPCA tactics may have poisoned the old mortgagor/mortgagee relationship.

Nevertheless, most mortgage lenders will want to cooperate if the homeowner comes forward, says "I've been stupid", and promises to abide by the mortgage. That's doubly true if the homeowner makes a substantial payment up front as a sign of good faith. Foreclosure usually means a house sells for less than what it's worth. In most cases the bank is only going to get the proceeds of the foreclosure sale - not all outstanding debts. That means most foreclosures result in the lender taking a loss.

Banks know that, so they are usually willing to enter into arrangements where they stop foreclosure proceedings if the homeowner appears to be dealing fairly with them.
I was wrong in saying that paying up to date would do it. Apparently the only remedy the bank has to accept is the tendering of full payment, cash up front for everything. While they might accept arrears and a promise to be good they aren't required to. Not, I think, a practical solution in Rob's case anyhow since he seems to focusing only on a Freeman solution that allows him to keep his place and has the bank absorbing the loss on the unpaid mortgage.

bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

thanks guys. im looking at what could be done from this side of the coin and very much appreciate the input.

you can lead a horse to water but it takes a hell of a big guy to drown it.

thanks again,
ninj
Llwellyn
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Llwellyn »

My uncle is a financial loans manager for TD bank here in Canada. He heads Western Canada division for TD. So I asked him, and good news for Rob there in New Brunswick!!! - While it is in foreclosure/sale agreement, IF Rob can arrange a method to refinance the property and get an "acceptable" payment amount to the bank, they can then suspend action. This would require a bank agreement (even with the original bank) on the amount to accept and refresh the mortgage or loan. Now, that being said, the monetary amounts are up to the agreement IF he can get one arranged, and IF he can get the bank to accept.. Otherwise, Rob has to come up with the full amount of value (interest and arrears/payment not included) upfront. The interest, penalties etc do need to be paid off within 1-2 years, OR the bank could then take the property and sell it STILL.
Most banks, as long as you come up with enough money, are often willing to continue payment etc. as they earn MUCH more money from the interest and fees, then to simply accept value payment. (Next time, try paying full value for a car or house upfront.. the bank and every 'adviser' around will attempt you to get into a loan/financing.)

Final note - ROB.. if you get a chance and peruse here.. Get a new place, I'm going to wager your right boned! (By your own actions) -
fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Post by fortinbras »

The fellow in this court case is under the same fantasy as too many SovCits in the US -- that dashing off a "promissory note" on his word processors somehow "pays" a debt. To explain to non-lawyers, a promissory note is a document promising to pay, at some future date, a sum of money. In other words, it's a document attesting to the existence of a debt - and probably prolonging the time before its payment. This guy already signed a promissory note or something equivalent when he got the mortgage, and now he thinks that his homemade promissory note (which contains, unlike the documents used by the bank, some terms that nobody would accept) somehow satisfies the mortgage debt so he never has to hand over real money. He also thinks that the bank MUST accept his homemade "promissory note" and cannot refuse it. He's wrong on all counts. Worse, he's creating a public record for himself that will probably discourage any other lender from ever helping him buy a home or a car.
Fmotlgroupie

Post by Fmotlgroupie »

Ninj, if you can talk even one of these guys into not throwing away their house, life savings, or lack of criminal record, you'll have done a very good deed indeed. There's lots of ways to stick it to the man without totally screwing yourself and your family like Freeman/Sovrun tactics do.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Things are getting hot and heavy at WFS with postings coming in faster than I can follow them. Not that I'm implying they are coming in to fast to read but given the gibberish level understanding them is a different issue entirely.

Ninja is in there trying to drum some real world sense into motorheadv10's head;
i personally would not accept a promissory note from pretty much anyone at any value. however i do accept the common currency at face value. if you tried to pay a debt to me with a such a worthless scam document it would likely result in laughter and if you were serious i would clear the debt by putting a foot to your ass. although i hear in vegas they cut off your thumbs and you still owe the money...

theories are nice. so nice that they are going to cost a man his home. again. not the first time bad advice has cost a man his home in the alternative made up, want the world but dont want to pay for it world.

now go write your pot dealer and the beer store a promissory note. probably good for an ass kicking and a trip to jail sober...

peace
ninj
verynewtothis wrote:
GOOD-ONE bmxninja357 and thats your opinion!!

We are talking [Canadian] MONEY here...NOT [American] MONEY!!

bmxninja357
its a fact not an opinion. or are you on your way to tim hortons with a theory and a promissory note? and im talking in canada. its where i am. not the magical land where i break contracts with fake non negotiable bullshit that costs people their homes.

ninj

However, at least for the moment, motorheadv10 seems to have gone silent. Perhaps some more pressing issues like getting his stuff out of his place before it's thrown out.

Fussygus
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Fussygus »

For a Promissory Note to be valid, it must be accepted. Also one must consider what a promissory note is - a promise to pay at a later date. It does not discharge a liability, it only relieves it to be paid at a later date. If someone else wants to buy that liability from the holder of the note, they can do that BUT they take the risk if the note does not end up getting honoured.

A bond is a note, or can be a promissory note from my neighbour Al. I could sell that note to my Buddy Johnny for 75% of face value if I need cash now but the note isn't payable by Al until 6 months from now. The note is good, but the reason Johnny only pays less than face value is because he knows Al is going through a divorce and may not be able to pay the note for certain when it is due. Likewise I could sell to note to the Mob for 20 cents on the dollar, at which point I'm sure Al would get real nervous when it is payable.

A promissory note just like a bond or stock is only as good as someone deems the sources credit, but in all cases it only serves as a method of trading value credits. It does not discharge the debt itself. The note itself does not transfer the value, the note simply puts the value into paper. Then the value can be "cashed in" from the creator of the note by the holder of the note.

This theory that you can "if fact" discharge a debt with a promissory note is where the parties seem to be mistaken. Just think before money was developed as a means of transferring value between parties, the only way was by a promissory note. This would have been how exporting and importing was conducted. The difference now is that promissory notes have been replaced by money and a single source for credit to get the money. Essentially a loan has a promissory note attached to it. You give the bank a promissory note, per sa, and they give you money. Then when it is time to redeem the promissory note they come knocking on your door. The bank is free to sell your promissory note to others that consider it a valuable security (because they know that it is secured with a fixed asset).

What do you think your bookie gets from you to place your bets?

Fuzzy
Les semper intendit quod convenit ratione.
Fussygus
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Fussygus »

"I O U $20" is a promissory note. How can one consider that as being a transfer of the value? It only serves to create an easily carried debt instrument (as opposed to taking my cow with you until I pay the $20).

The bank in issuing you "money" in exchange for your promissory note is giving you credit. I say again CREDIT! If I went to Westjet airlines and gave them a promissory note would they give me a ticket to Nepal? Not likely....unless I had my own CREDIT with them. But Westjet will give the bank credit, so rather than a promissory note from me, they get promissory notes from the bank and/or the bank gets bank notes and issues them to Westjet. Westjet gets paid on the banks credit, if when the bank comes knocking to redeem the promissory note for VALUE and we don't pay....they are SOL. Especially if there are not Cows that the latched as security for the promissory note.

Fuzzy
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Fussygus wrote:For a Promissory Note to be valid, it must be accepted. Also one must consider what a promissory note is - a promise to pay at a later date.
These are two critical facts that UK GOODFer-nothingers don't recognize.

On the first point, there is a common delusion that if a company says in its articles of association that it can accept PNs, then it is obliged to accept them.

On the second point, well, that depends on the first. If PNs were legal tender so debtees were obliged to accept them, then when the debtee comes knocking on the debtor's door to get the promise redeemed and get cash for his PN, the debtor can simply say, "No problem, I'll just dash off another PN."

(As an aside: UK banknotes carry the legend "I promise to pay the bearer on demand the sum of £20" or whatever. This supports the delusion that, just because banknotes are legal tender, home-made promissory notes must also be legal tender.)

It takes only half a brain cell to realise that, if the GOOFy delusion was true, anyone could generate as much money for themselves as they wanted by creating any number of PNs. Money would immediately lose its value. There would be no point in collecting debts because if a debtee wants a bit of money, printing off his own PNs is easier than redeeming any PNs he has from a debtor.

So the delusion is, from a debtor's point of view, attractive. Sadly for them, it isn't true.
Fussygus
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by Fussygus »

littleFred wrote: Money would immediately lose its value. There would be no point in collecting debts because if a debtee wants a bit of money, printing off his own PNs is easier than redeeming any PNs he has from a debtor.
Great point LittleFred, "Money would loose it's value". The only reason money has value is because it IS associated to value, value in material, value in labour. If the money simply transfers and asset being a piece of paper then how on earth is it worth anything? The money is only a transfer mechanism for the value. Value being material and labour. You can directly transfer value; carpentry for dental surgery (labour for labour); wood for teaching your kids (material for labour (though 90% of wood is essentially labour)). But to do these transfers are difficult because what if I don't need dental surgery but the dental surgeon needs wood? That is why notes were developed, so that the dental surgeon could fix the teachers teeth and then buy wood to heat his house. If all he had to do was write on a piece of paper how could society be able to function? No one would have to do anything but take what they want.

Now I digress to the credit system

If i want something but they don't want what I immediately have available in value, dental services, how do I get it? The heart surgeon doesn't need dental work so how do I pay for needed heart surgery now? I go as my neigbour if he needs some dental surgery. He says not right now but maybe in 12 months, but he does have some potatoes that he heard the heart surgeon needs. I ask him if I can give him credit for the dental surgery in exchange for the potatoes. He says sure but what if I die during the surgery? So he say he will only agree if he gets 50% more value from me during the surgery. This is how interest works.

Your parents might not charge you interest in borrowing money from them because they absolutely trust you and may even be prepared to take the lose if you come into hard time when you need to pay them back. Your best friend maybe a little less inclined to lend to you based on promissory note, but still reasonable. A bank will likewise do same but they are really not inclined to take any risk...because they don't know you. They will do risk assessment and your rate will be based on level of risk that when the promissory note is due and payable you will have means to return the value.

It is true the bank creates the money out of thin air based on your signature (as is supposed in afv circles) BUT it still retains the liability for what it created. It is giving YOU credit for the future value you will create. Essentially creating your value before you have created it. The bank takes a risk doing this in that it if you die before you create the value (essentially pay them back) it is on the hook for the value. To mitigate this liability it charges everyone interest, this makes up for the instances when they don't get their value back. High risk individuals (no assets, no good job) are likewise charged more interest to be fare to the low risk (asset to more than cover the outstanding credit).

Much is said in AFV circles about the corrupt banking system, but I think their angst is not founded properly. There is no doubt the banks are there to make money and are very good at it. But just like any industry it relies on competition to keep it providing reasonable value for services. So if you don't like the banks....go call your brother, friend, dad or neighbour and offer them 10% on their money, give them a promissory note that make payment terms and indicate what they will get if you default when the payment is due.

Ask someone if they will lend you $10,000 to which you will pay them $11,000 in one year to the day and if you don't you will give them your $20,000 painting, which they can hold as security. Might be hard pressed to find someone who wouldn't accept such a deal, (you can't make guaranteed 10% interest in the bank) ....unless of course your a douchbag....though if your nice to the bank they may give you a better deal (damned banks).

Fuzzy
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I said in a prior post;
Rob is still undeterred, but at least he’s smart enough to avoid WaveWalker’s suggestion he call Winston Shrout’s emergency telephone service:
That may no longer be possible. I just tried to check up on Shrout and his webside appears to be gone;

http://www.wssic.com

I don't see any news reports of something shocking happening to Shrout. If, like Mary Croft, he's left the building that would be quite a change in the landscape. He's been a huge influence in Canada. Maybe the Greatest Generation is finally falling by the wayside.

Somebody should inform WFS so they can hold the appropriate funeral rites.

bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

Burnaby49 wrote:That may no longer be possible. I just tried to check up on Shrout and his webside appears to be gone;

http://www.wssic.com
it was only down for maintenance.
peace,
ninj