Fingerless Freeman wants $10,000,000 for lost digits

Moderator: Burnaby49

fortinbras
Princeps Wooloosia

Re: Fingerless Freeman wants $10,000,000 for lost digits

Post by fortinbras »

I suspect that the Sushwop Indians have a historic precedent of their own on how to handle a white man who tries to flim-flam them.
bmxninja357
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by bmxninja357 »

A judge has ruled in favour of more than a dozen defendants from the Little Shuswap First Nation in litigation she summed up as "vexatious, scandalous and outrageous."

Peter August-Sjodin was ordered to pay $25,000 in court security costs and to stay away from the defendants by B.C. Supreme Court Justice Hope Hyslop in a decision rendered Monday.

August-Sjodin, a band member, made a claim in 2014 against the band council and former employees, alleging that he and his family were denied services and entry into band facilities.

He was seeking restored access, $20,000 from each defendant, written apologies and “a judicial review or criminal investigation into the use of federal money set aside for the use and benefit of the tribal people of this land, including but not limited to revenue from the Quaaout Lodge, Talking Rock Resort, Skwlax Investments Inc., CP Rail and BC Hydro Agreements et al.”

Hyslop found that the claims “were almost impossible to understand." There was in his submissions no reasonable legal arguments, though some of his statements indicate he feels he is above the laws of Canada, she noted. A Chase resident, he claims subscribe to the belief that he is a freeman on the land, not subject to law.

He filed a similar complaint with the Canadian Human Rights Commission, citing the Royal Proclamation of 1793 and two 18th-century English statutes, and took action in small claims court as well.

The band has banned August-Sjodin from facilities for the past 18 months because his behaviour is offensive and they feel threatened.

In the event the plaintiff doesn’t pay the court within 28 days, the defendants will be granted leave to bring an application for dismissal of the action, the judge ruled. She also noted in her judgment that it’s unlikely August-Sjodin will co-operate.

This is only the latest chapter in August-Sjodin's action against the band. He attempted to sue the band two years ago for $10 million after cutting off the tips of two fingers on a borrowed wood splitter
Source: http://www.castanet.net/news/Kamloops/1 ... outrageous

Peace
Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I thought this farce was over and done with and that he had lost his claim in no uncertain terms, at least as far as the court was concerned. So he is a fotl and the law doesn't apply to him, yet he is going in to court to threaten and harass his tribe, hypocrisy at its finest.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Unless this was written up somewhere else that I haven't seen Burnaby has been slipping.
A Little Shuswap Lake Indian Band member barred by a court order from various facilities on the reserve has been found in contempt of court for using the swimming pool and hot tub.

In the decision, April 21, B.C. Supreme Court Justice Sheri Ann Donegan said Peter Allan August-Sjodin "wilfully and flagrantly" broke the court order that prohibits him from entering the area and he had a "complete lack of concern" about the damage he did to the Band and his fellow Band members.
https://infotel.ca/newsitem/shuswap-ban ... ub/it72588

He's stuck it to the man this time.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

JamesVincent wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 10:15 pm Unless this was written up somewhere else that I haven't seen Burnaby has been slipping.
A Little Shuswap Lake Indian Band member barred by a court order from various facilities on the reserve has been found in contempt of court for using the swimming pool and hot tub.

In the decision, April 21, B.C. Supreme Court Justice Sheri Ann Donegan said Peter Allan August-Sjodin "wilfully and flagrantly" broke the court order that prohibits him from entering the area and he had a "complete lack of concern" about the damage he did to the Band and his fellow Band members.
https://infotel.ca/newsitem/shuswap-ban ... ub/it72588

He's stuck it to the man this time.
I'd seen that but I didn't bother reporting it. Just more of the same from a nutcase.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Burnaby49 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 12:18 am I'd seen that but I didn't bother reporting it. Just more of the same from a nutcase.
If we waited for them to do new and exciting things we'd probably never have anything to write about.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

That's exactly how it's going. Now that Jacquie Phoenix has prudently gone off the air and Allen Boisjoli has apparently taken a sabbatical from videos the well is dry. I had a few court decisions here in Vancouver not worth the bother. Belanger is still pumping out a stream of videos but they're just same old, same old. All very dispiriting.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs