Bud the Oracle - Legacy Hippie and Freeman

Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Bud the Oracle - Legacy Hippie and Freeman

Post by Burnaby49 »

Somehow I missed a local boy, Klaus Kaczor aka "Bud the Oracle". Surprising since he seems to be a prominent name in the Vancouver marijuana scene hence "Bud". He is a marijuana activist which is probably why I missed him. Vancouver is stuffed to the gills with them and it is hard to pick out any individual amongst all the background noise.

His problem in the link below is the illegal sale of marijuana. While the sale of marijuana outside of the authorized medical dispensaries is illegal it is not closely policed. Unless you take Bud's route and actually open up a Drugs "R" Us neighborhood store on Vancouver's busiest street to serve the public more conveniently. Even then the police had to be nagged into arresting him but they eventually got around to it when they had a slack period.

http://www.canada.com/story_print.html? ... da&sponsor

His defense was that he was a Freeman and outside of government authority. I had a link where he said that but it is now dead. However we have this one where he is is fighting a fine for his dog crapping on a sidewalk. Life is mundane;

http://budoracle.blogspot.ca/2009/04/ju ... le-as.html

Note his unusual religious headgear. At least that is what he claims it is but I have my doubts about the depth of real belief in self-serving marijuana churches.

Note also the comment;
I then said that the only law I was following in our society, the unincorporated Deuteronomical Society, of which I am the Chief Justice, was that of the Bible. This news seemed to add some apparent joy to the judge and I had a distinct impression that she had a difficult time keeping proper decorum in her court by suppressing an outburst of mirth.
Who can blame her? But does this Deuteronical Society actually exist? Indeed it does, at least as a memory in Wayback Machine;

https://web.archive.org/web/20110808014 ... ero.org/d/

If you're worried about the Security warning about entering the website, don't bother. Almost nothing on it except this;

Bud Oracle

Chief Justice at Unincorporated Deuteronomical Society

Industry
Public Relations and Communications
Current 1. Unincorporated Deuteronomical Society, 2. Self-employed
Education 1. Loyalist College

Experience

Chief Justice - Unincorporated Deuteronomical Society

April 2009 – Present (5 years 11 months)The Realm of the Comonwealth
I am currently in exile forced from my duties as the lawfully recognized ruler of our Unincorporated Society as recognized in session of Parliament by the government of Canada via the unlawful and corrupt use of the CDSA. In reference to verification of this claim please Google "Chief Justice Bud the Oracle Unincorporated Deuteronomical Society" and read my words as Ruling Monarch to the people of Canada.

promotions
Self-employed
2006 – Present (9 years)
They even have their own court with written Rules of Court;

https://web.archive.org/web/20120430125 ... -of-court/

And a “Judicial Code of Ethics”;

https://web.archive.org/web/20120430193 ... ce/ethics/

Want a membership form?

(https://archive.org/stream/MembershipFo ... 0/mode/2up)

He’s spoken at the Standing Committee on Justice and Human Rights:

http://www.parl.gc.ca/HousePublications ... e=E&Mode=1

So, how did Bud do in court?

Vancouver Provincial Court file 193452: Feb. 9, 2009
Convicted of 2 x possession for the purposes of trafficking
6 month conditional sentence

Vancouver Provincial Court file 202545: May 9, 2012
Convicted of trafficking in a controlled substance, 2 x possession for the purposes of trafficking:
2 year less a day conditional sentence
2 years probation
Lifetime firearms prohibition

Vancouver Provincial Court file 227480: Nov. 25, 2013
Convicted of break and enter to commit and indictable offence, and criminal harassment:
15 months jail
two years probation
Lifetime firearms prohibition

And some earlier convictions:

Dec. 15, 2005 – 9 months probation for mischief under $5000
June 18, 2008 - $500 fine for walking a dog without a leash

There's masses of internet links on Bud, I've just scratched the surface. As I said, Vancouver is full of characters like him and more wash ashore with every tide. It largely started with the hippie movement in the mid 60's. I was in university then and they were like hair lice spreading everywhere. The larger movement sort of collapsed after you Americans got out of Vietnam but they continued to flourish here. Greenpeace started here in the early 70's as a continuation and we've been counter-cultured ever since. Bud the Oracle is 64 which indicates he was one of the 60's gang that never moved on. He appears to reside in Burnaby but that is effectively the same thing as Vancouver. You can't tell when you cross over from one to another and I live less than an easy ten minute walk from Vancouver. Downtown Vancouver is less than 30 minutes away from my back door via bus and Skytrain.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Bud the Oracle - Legacy Hippie and Freeman

Post by The Observer »

Several questions come to mind:

(a) Are we sure that he is wearing a hat? Could this instead be the result of a tragic accident where he drove a toboggan under the infuence into a neighbor's Christmas tree?

(b) Does he wear the hat when his court is in session and he is presiding? Or just when he is imbibing some of that BC weed?

(c) I note that his promtion to "self-employed" in 2006 does not clarify whether he was employed or not prior to that date. Any idea if he was working as wage"earning "slave" or just gainfully unemployed?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Jeffrey
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Jeffrey »

Probably unrelated, but your mention of dispensaries got me curious. How does the legal status of marijuana compare to the states? Is it semi-legal like in Colorado or what?

And one link I found said it's part of one of the political parties promises to legalize it, what type of timeframe is there for that to happen?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Jeffrey wrote:Probably unrelated, but your mention of dispensaries got me curious. How does the legal status of marijuana compare to the states? Is it semi-legal like in Colorado or what?

And one link I found said it's part of one of the political parties promises to legalize it, what type of timeframe is there for that to happen?

Not a topic I have a lot of familiarity with, I'm a beer drinker. I did meet one of Vancouver's more prominant marijauna advocates while attending the Nanaimo Three trial.

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=9388&start=260#p165879
There was a small TV crew and cameras on the open square at the court entrance and Lange and his followers naturally gravitated right to them. "Are you here to interview us?". Uh, no, who are you? There was something else going on that was actually worth filming, they were there for that. However since they were killing time they were willing to listen to Lange but with cameras off. I wanted to listen in but was accosted by Santa Claus disguised as an ageing hippy! An affable chap called Marc Boyer who was there as a Lange supporter but, more to point, was a member of the marijuana party of BC, specifically the Vancouver Quadra Marijuana Party. You can check Marc out here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cakfCGNOlZw

Lange had told him I wrote for Quatloos so I assuming Boyer wanted to see if there was a publicity opportunity for the marijuana party. While he self-identified as a Freeman he was much friendlier and laid back than the crowd I've met to date. Marc was interested in telling me about 25 legal marijuana dispensaries in the greater Vancouver area and their legal framework. Apparently both the dispensaries and the city want them to pay sales tax on the marijuana sales. The dispensaries wanted to pay tax because it was one more step on the way to legalization. What I was interested in (apart from next paragraph) was some BC Supreme Court injunction the party was trying to get to stop the federal government from shutting down their proposed party headquarters. I told Marc if the issue actually made it to a court hearing to let me know.
Marc has his own discussion where he defames my grandfather;

viewtopic.php?f=47&t=9423

Marijuana growing, distributing, and smoking is illegal in British Columbia outside of the government approved (but not run) medical marijuana dispensaries. The pot sold in the dispensaries is grown by government licensed growers. These dispensaries are a loophole you could steam the Queen Mary through. Apparently almost anyone can get a prescription and smoke legally but most don't because pot is very easy to acquire here and is much cheaper in the illicit marketplace. People smoke it openly on the streets like they are smoking cigarettes. The marijuana laws are generally ignored by the police unless the offenders, like Bud, become too public or their operations get to big.

The police do bust grow-ops. Generally these are relatively small operations in rented houses and they are located through a program the police have with the electricity utilities. Pot grown indoors requires lots of very intensive light so grow-ops have utility bills way in excess of what would be expected from a single family home. So the police get listings of homes with electricity use well in excess of a reasonable statistical average. Not infallible. They once raided a guy's house only to find he ran an outdoor hot tub 24/7 throughout the year.

No idea about the status of legalizing it. This would be a federal issue, not provincial. I believe the liberal party advocates legalization and the conservatives are against it. So we'll need a liberal government (currently conservative majority but an election coming up this year) if it to be legalized. Not an issue I follow much.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Burnaby49 wrote: The police do bust grow-ops. Generally these are relatively small operations in rented houses and they are located through a program the police have with the electricity utilities. Pot grown indoors requires lots of very intensive light so grow-ops have utility bills way in excess of what would be expected from a single family home. So the police get listings of homes with electricity use well in excess of a reasonable statistical average. Not infallible. They once raided a guy's house only to find he ran an outdoor hot tub 24/7 throughout the year.
In Maryland police use the DNR (Department of Natural Resources) helicopters to bust grow-ops. The DNR birds are equipped with thermal imaging, used to catch poachers, which also will pick up the excessive heat thrown off by a hydroponics setup. They use them over on the Eastern Shore also to catch the farmers growing them in between their corn crops. They have some pretty sophisticated imaging equipment that can tell the difference between the two plants while flying over. Same thing with the screwups, they have raided people before who actually had hydroponic indoor gardens.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

But don't you feel sorry for the pot advocates? Your favorite drug is available in a dozen flavors everywhere you go. Theirs is still served out of a large glass jar labelled "For Medicinal Purposes Only".
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4