Private Sector Act dot Com

Moderator: Burnaby49

theRealDerekJohnson
First Mate
First Mate

Re: Private Sector Act dot Com

Post by theRealDerekJohnson »

Johnson is making the tiresome and specious argument about professional governance that we have heard before about lawyers and the law society from the likes of Menard. It goes something like this: RECA only governs its own members; therefore, it doesn't govern me. Half right. RECA only governs its own members, but only its own members can be mortgage/real estate brokers, etc. in Alberta.

This has nothing to do with the MLS system. It has to do with the fact that the Government of Alberta, through the Real Estate Act, has delegated exclusive authority to RECA to regulate the real estate profession in Alberta. The Real Estate Act is exclusive scope legislation, meaning only RECA members licensed and in good standing with RECA can deal in real estate as brokers/agents, etc. in Alberta.

One person can sell their property to another without a license. But brokering a deal on someone else's behalf falls under RECA's exclusive scope of practice and the broker must be licensed by RECA.

Johnson and other scoundrels like him are breaking the law.
You just made my point NYGMan and Burnaby ! I knew someone here would finally get to this which gets right to the heart of the matter:

The CONTRACTS

Brokering a deal requires one to sign an AGENCY AGREEMENT for fiduciary agency.

That is what Realtors use which they should. Ordinary people buying and selling real estate don't use that in the private market especially myself since I am not acting as an agent for anyone, simply buying and selling homes, just like thousands of real estate investors do !

The part you are missing and don't follow is in the contracts. I don't / never have used an MLS Listing agreement or represented a buyer or seller as an agent, worse telling them I am a Realtor and acting in that capacity. That is fundamentally ridiculous and what would I have to gain in that?

People like myself and every other Canadian buying and selling homes are not "criminals" and use offer to purchase contracts and are not acting as agents Burnaby and NYGMan. What I am doing is no different that any private buyer or seller except for the fact that I have done a LOT OF BUSINESS in Alberta and have been instrumental in introducing a COMMISSION FREE system which RECA does not like for the obvious reasons.

That is why they have been on a campaign to slander me, and if you pay attention, there was another brokerage in Ontario that had to deal with the same slander before CREA had to suck it up and stand down since they knew they were encroaching on competition and monopoly laws.

There is a BIG Difference between acting in a "broker" capacity with agency contracts and using offer to purchase contracts to buy and sell homes.

I am simply a competitor to them and the Realtor community, but in no ways a "broker" since one must engage in a very specific contract with fiduciary duties and role to be categorized as that.

Is it illegal to buy and sell homes using offer to purchase contracts, and not agency agreements Burnaby, NYGMan?

I will await your reply ... :D

You need to brush up on your contract law.

I can teach you something here.

Hey Clive, you want to take a shot at commenting on this? I would be curious to get your thoughts. :D
theRealDerekJohnson
First Mate
First Mate

webhick wrote:We appear to have some sockpuppetry happening in this thread. We don't like sockpuppets, so knock it off.

JohninAlberta and theRealDerekJohnson both post from the same IP. I've banned John. I'd be sorry except John was really just Derek pretending to be a happy customer so... whatever.

As for Derek Johnson Sucks and Calgary scam watch, I can't figure out who needs banning. Both have logged in recently....normally I'd give a choice but in the interests of fairness.... DJS has been here the longest, so I'm killing CSW.

You've both drawn my attention now.
John is a business acquaintance and needed help registering, and I did that for him so he could provide his input. He is a real person and I can even provide a youtube video he posted in regards to this.
theRealDerekJohnson
First Mate
First Mate

theRealDerekJohnson wrote:
webhick wrote:We appear to have some sockpuppetry happening in this thread. We don't like sockpuppets, so knock it off.

JohninAlberta and theRealDerekJohnson both post from the same IP. I've banned John. I'd be sorry except John was really just Derek pretending to be a happy customer so... whatever.

As for Derek Johnson Sucks and Calgary scam watch, I can't figure out who needs banning. Both have logged in recently....normally I'd give a choice but in the interests of fairness.... DJS has been here the longest, so I'm killing CSW.

You've both drawn my attention now.
John is a business acquaintance and needed help registering, and I did that for him so he could provide his input. He is a real person and I can even provide a youtube video he posted in regards to this.
Send him an email and ask him !
theRealDerekJohnson
First Mate
First Mate

Here is John with his video testimony to the events, in case you think we are the same person:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQtJEROTUqY
NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by NYGman »

I can't quote your post, it is all messed up, and i have no desire to waste more time with you since you can't or unwilling to answer any real question I have. While I am sure that may be one avenue, If the bank believed the sale was for fair value, there really isn't an objection. If the Bank is objecting, it is because something is legally wrong. Have you read a mortgage? You do know you give the bank a wide variety of rights. Perhaps the bank is exercising those legal rights? You are right in that I don't have the specific facts at hand. Why don't you enlighten us on John's situation, and how you helped him retain his house, modify his mortgage, forgive debt, amortize arrears, allow him to build his credit back up through continued payments.

Of course, you probably advised him to stop payment, challenge the note, sell the house to someone else at a bargain price, taking a nice slice of it all from everyone along the way. YOu do make lot's of money from this don't you? Why is it you don't recommend a lawyer? I thought they were all corrupt, couldn't you at least buy one off to represent your saps in court, instead of trying to play lawyer yourself. Remind me again of your legal background? Oh, that's right, you are not a lawyer, so find me one that agrees with you then. Should be easy, again they all are corrupt right, shouldn't be hard to find one willing to put their name on the line for a few bucks...

So why is it really you dont want lawyers involved, you can be neutral as you have nothing to gain? You do this out of the goodness of your heart... Come on, bring John back on to defend you again. Let him explain the great benefit he got from your help.

Fact is, Your defender lost, the one person who supports you lost their house. Your legal arguments failed, again, this isn't new for you, you loose in court all the time, when have you ever won? Court details or it is a lie.

So answer my questions, or the next non answer will confirm you are a Scammer.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
theRealDerekJohnson
First Mate
First Mate

Not that John was going to be spending a lot of time here, but to ban him based on an assumption that we are the same person is not cool. He is a real guy who submitted that post with my help because he is old school and doesn't spend a lot of time on a computer and asked for my help which I whole-heartedly agreed to based on what he had to contribute.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

theRealDerekJohnson wrote:Here is John with his video testimony to the events, in case you think we are the same person:

Video is Private, So you brought John round and let him use your computer to defend you, nice guy... You could have just as well created an alias and posted as him without his knowledge. This is one reason why we don't allow sockpuppets.

Still, I assume john is based on reality, you can still answer my questions and again, failure to respond specifically to my questions means you admit you are basically a scammer

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

theRealDerekJohnson wrote:John is a business acquaintance and needed help registering, and I did that for him so he could provide his input. He is a real person and I can even provide a youtube video he posted in regards to this.
Send him an email and ask him !
I can sign up for an extra email address and answer it pretending to be someone else. It's pretty easy.
Here is John with his video testimony to the events, in case you think we are the same person
The video is private. I couldn't play it even if I was somehow kicked in the head, suffered a minor stroke and for a split second thought that a YouTube testimonial was worth watching to the end.
Not that John was going to be spending a lot of time here, but to ban him based on an assumption that we are the same person is not cool. He is a real guy who submitted that post with my help because he is old school and doesn't spend a lot of time on a computer and asked for my help which I whole-heartedly agreed to based on what he had to contribute.
Most forums ban the use of multiple logins. I've participated in a number who would just ban both of you outright. People like to engage in sockpuppetry to bolster their position, which is why you admit to letting the alleged "John" post under your IP.

If John could answer his own email, then he could just as easily submit his own forum post.

You've convinced me of nothing and your pointless protests are annoying. I may let the Wolverpus eat you for shits and giggles.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
theRealDerekJohnson
First Mate
First Mate

NYGman wrote:
theRealDerekJohnson wrote:Here is John with his video testimony to the events, in case you think we are the same person:

Video is Private, So you brought John round and let him use your computer to defend you, nice guy... You could have just as well created an alias and posted as him without his knowledge. This is one reason why we don't allow sockpuppets.

Still, I assume john is based on reality, you can still answer my questions and again, failure to respond specifically to my questions means you admit you are basically a scammer
I will repost the video, it must have been moved and the link is dead.
theRealDerekJohnson
First Mate
First Mate

NYGman wrote:

Active Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQtJEROTUqY
Last edited by theRealDerekJohnson on Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

link goes straight to my channel. so if anyone hits the link it goes to their own youtube channel. needs more cut n paste skill.

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
theRealDerekJohnson
First Mate
First Mate

bmxninja357 wrote:link goes straight to my channel. so if anyone hits the link it goes to their own youtube channel. needs more cut n paste skill.

peace,
ninj
\

theRealDerekJohnson
First Mate
First Mate

Johns Video with an active link - previously had been set to private, now working

theRealDerekJohnson
First Mate
First Mate

Got to pack it in for tonight kids.

Eric, you still have homework to do I am not letting you off the hook that easy.

You got a head start on this forum and now its time for truth.

Remember Eric, the proof of your actions exists at the Calgary Land Titles office on 4th ave so there is no wiggling your way out of this.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

theRealDerekJohnson wrote:Got to pack it in for tonight kids.

Eric, you still have homework to do I am not letting you off the hook that easy.

Remember Eric, the proof of your actions exists at the Calgary Land Titles office on 4th ave so there is no wiggling your way out of this.

And the proof of the Scammer is the avoidance of legitimate questions, confirming my belief in this scammer being a Scammer. He has all the hallmarks of a scammer and can't even address simple questions... This isn't about eric, it is about exposing a scammer for what he is. Lets see your victorious court opinions in your favor.

And by the way, John may be the Canadian TOm Crawford...I feel very sad for John, this video shows someone who has no financial understanding and is being manipulated. I am just sorry he couldn't get good legal advice. Your whole mortgage point is incorrect and irrelevant. It is OPCA Garbage and not worthy of a response.It is just WRONG And writing it bigger makes in no more or less wrong.

eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

wserra wrote:
JohninAlberta wrote:My name is John and I heard about this forum where there was discussion about an individual, Derek Johnson whom I happen to know well from previous business dealings.
Hi, John.
I am a retired ex-RCMP officer from Alberta
Right out of the box, a problem. In fact, you are retired auxiliary RCMP, right, John? As the RCMP describes it, "An Auxiliary Constable is an unarmed, unpaid, uniformed RCMP volunteer ... Under the supervision of an RCMP Regular Member, Auxiliary Constables participate in RCMP supported community events and programs, crime prevention initiatives within schools, traffic control, ground patrols, search and rescue, parades and other ceremonial events." Nothing whatsoever wrong with that, of course. But the impression your post leaves is that you were a Canadian Dick Tracy. In fact, John, livestock equipment and supplies are your real profession, right? Nothing whatsoever wrong with that, either. Just a slightly different picture than the one you paint.
Woke up again and finally got around to checking out the video clip of "John" and now I remember the guy from months ago when I first watched the video. Something has been edited out or there was a second video that mentioned him that is not being shown because I remember coming to the same conclusion as yourself about him after I did some investigation. BTW, that voice in the background asking the questions is Derek..
Llwellyn
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Llwellyn »

The name LLWELLYN comes from the book, How Green Was My Valley (A great book to read) written by Richard Llewellyn (I use an abbreviated style of the name). So I am not this Clive you speak of. Also note, in one of my previous comments I stated much of my computer expertise, nothing to do with being a lawyer.
eric

Post by eric »

Llwellyn wrote:
eric wrote: Unsuccessful in his attempts to convince the Quatloos Illuminati of his superior knowledge of the Canadian Real Estate system and that if they only listened to his every word they would be convinced of the purity of his intent, our hero Derek retires in a fit of pique to compose a message championing himself on the Real Estate Council of Canada website
http://www.realestatecouncilofcanada.ca
with links to a fuzzy video clip on youtube
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnUGOx ... 0lFhA/feed
:sarcasmon:
Well, it is interesting, that this web page is coming up 404 (dead) to me.. so I did a little techie stuff, and root traced it.. to a SHAW (alberta internet provider) IP address. .. specifically a Calgary, Shaw Cable server.. ODD that the Real Estate Council of CANADA would operate from Calgary (tho anything is possible) .. and doing ANY general search (Bing, Google, Metacrawler) finds NOTHING about this 'organization' Not even a web page.
Add "weebly" to the search term and Google will get you to its cached copy of the page. Nothing else at all seems to exist so the site is probably just an invention. The page being down - Reca Injunction time or Derek editing?
Llwellyn wrote: As to add to another earlier post.. -having to contact the Real Estate Council of Canada .. VIA a GMAIL account.. well, that in its self speaks of quackery. I don't know of any business, association, agency or government body that uses GMAIL as their primary mail server. (at least as posed in the address, however it may be a re-routed service that does eventually end up at a gmail account) - yes, a little techie stuff.. but, I remember learning to program computers on punch cards.. and I program in 14 different computer languages.. damn .. now I feel old.
My learning machines were a XDS Sigma 7 and Wang calculators. As a hobby machine I had a 6 ton Boeing Analog computer - all tubes and patch cords - I'm positively fossilized. :D
eric

Post by eric »

Burnaby49 wrote: I didn't write the text of the following quote. A friend who is following this discussion but does not post on Quatloos asked me to stand in for him. He is involved in the regulation of professionals in Alberta. He said;
Johnson is making the tiresome and specious argument about professional governance that we have heard before about lawyers and the law society from the likes of Menard. It goes something like this: RECA only governs its own members; therefore, it doesn't govern me. Half right. RECA only governs its own members, but only its own members can be mortgage/real estate brokers, etc. in Alberta.

This has nothing to do with the MLS system. It has to do with the fact that the Government of Alberta, through the Real Estate Act, has delegated exclusive authority to RECA to regulate the real estate profession in Alberta. The Real Estate Act is exclusive scope legislation, meaning only RECA members licensed and in good standing with RECA can deal in real estate as brokers/agents, etc. in Alberta.

One person can sell their property to another without a license. But brokering a deal on someone else's behalf falls under RECA's exclusive scope of practice and the broker must be licensed by RECA.

Johnson and other scoundrels like him are breaking the law.
Thanks for elevating the tone of this discussion back to it's normal level. That's the same legal opinion I received and also my layman's interpretation. The application of the Real Estate Act is surprisingly simple to understand - it applies to everyone except certain persons and organizations defined in one brief section. I just wanted to ensure that the regulations hadn't caught up to some recent and unusual interpretation.
Aside - does one scoundrel beat two rogues or is it the same as one snake-oil-salesman?
theRealDerekJohnson
First Mate
First Mate

NYGman wrote:
theRealDerekJohnson wrote:Got to pack it in for tonight kids.

And the proof of the Scammer is the avoidance of legitimate questions, confirming my belief in this scammer being a Scammer. He has all the hallmarks of a scammer and can't even address simple questions... This isn't about eric, it is about exposing a scammer for what he is. Lets see your victorious court opinions in your favor.
If you go back in the posts you will see that I clearly answered every one of ERIC's questions, but HE is the one who is avoiding me.

Are you so blind that you cannot go back in the previous pages and see for yourself? Or are you so emotionally attached to ERIC's tales that you must find a way to make him and you right.

This is getting funny when you keep saying I am not answering questions because that is all I have been doing here for the most part and the ringleader here Eric is running away and hiding like he did after he signed offer to purchase contract agreements, sold his home and then locked his doors and closed the drapes.
And by the way, John may be the Canadian TOm Crawford...I feel very sad for John, this video shows someone who has no financial understanding and is being manipulated. I am just sorry he couldn't get good legal advice. Your whole mortgage point is incorrect and irrelevant. It is OPCA Garbage and not worthy of a response.It is just WRONG And writing it bigger makes in no more or less wrong.
You should feel bad for John but not for the reasons you think. He was screwed by a foreclosure lawyer just like many Canadian homeowners who try and do private deals and run into these shysters. You have no clue when it comes to real estate and contract law NYGMan so you should tuck your tail between your legs and run away like Eric has already.

He has already admitted he screwed up his own deal, and you guys want to keep towing his line ? :snicker:

You need another hobby besides this forum because now that I have showed up there is nothing Eric can do to hide. He can only regurgitate the same old nonsense and refuse to admit that he made a conscious decision to breach contracts and do his own thing.

The proof is at the Calgary Land Titles office on 4th Ave. Why don't you ask Eric about that NYGMan? :D