Great, so now I'm pink

Moderator: Burnaby49

The Observer
Further Moderator

Re: Great, so now I'm pink

Post by The Observer »

LordEd wrote:Everything in moderation, including moderating?
That is a probably a good motto of the moderating that happens occasionally here. For the most part, the view is to allow anyone, including those who adhere to zany views about taxes and sovrun lifestyles, get to have their say. But this has its limits, in that we are not going to simply allow these same people to make outlandish claims about how successful they have been with their pet theory without backing it up - nor are they allowed to just post to harass the site or pepper the regulars here with insincere questions and knowing they have no intention to engage in intellectual honesty.

There have been a few - David Merrill Van Pelt, as example - who didn't want to be intellectually honest, and eventually wore out their welcome here. Nowadays we tend to have less patience than in the days of yore and the welcome mat gets jerked out from them underneath sooner rather than later, but only after they get fair warning and what they have to do to keep their posting privileges; not all end up being banned, but can lose some ability to start threads or to edit posts. I think we can count the number of people actually banned on both hands, and still have some fingers left over. I think that would be a significant indicator on how much moderation is performed here and the high quality of posts that exist.

There have been others who have been outright banned for reprehensible posts that had to deal with sordid behavior, and we removed some members who were taking liberties with topics regarding political and religious issues to the point that racism, harassment, and vicious insulting was driving away quality people who came here to learn and share information on the scammer/TP/sovrun world. This is why political and religious topics are no longer allowed on the site and while some saw this as drastic, it turned around the perception of the site and we started getting quality posters back.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
webhick
Illuminati Obfuscation: Black Ops Div

Post by webhick »

Some people can't help but try to make sweet, sweet love to my ban hammer.

It doesn't like to be touched.
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

webhick wrote:Some people can't help but try to make sweet, sweet love to my ban hammer.

It doesn't like to be touched.

Evan having known me for how many years, you cannot possibly know the images you have just burned upon my brain.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
webhick

Post by webhick »

Looks like Burnaby wasn't man enough for pink...
When chosen for jury duty, tell the judge "fortune cookie says guilty" - A fortune cookie
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

webhick wrote:Looks like Burnaby wasn't man enough for pink...
Once again, the Quatloos community is left with the immortal question, "by the way which one is Pink?"
LordEd
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by LordEd »

As the frog says, its not easy being green...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpiIWMW ... WWVco#t=23
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Pink is the new black.
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I go out for the morning just doing my Quatloosian duties attending a Poriskyite court hearing and what do I find out when I get home? I'm green. Au revoir to my alternate ego PinkyPink49. What triggered it? Perhaps I went too far with that PM I sent Webhick with the text in bright pink and signed Pinkie Brown (Fans of British Film Noir will immediately recognize the reference, possibly Richard Attenborough's greatest role). Step over the line with Webhick and she'll stomp you!

So fine, I'll get used to drab dull green.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Don't despair. You could change your tagline quotes to link.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Green means you have been promoted to general moderator, which means you can do things in sections other than the ones you are an official moderator.
For instance, if Pathetic Digressions starts up another magical mystery tour, you can lock it.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

grixit wrote:Green means you have been promoted to general moderator, which means you can do things in sections other than the ones you are an official moderator.
For instance, if Pathetic Digressions starts up another magical mystery tour, you can lock it.
I figured that out when I checked my PM's and found that I now have access to a moderator's control panel which had not been available to me as a lowly quasi-moderator. Its like getting the key to the executive washroom. But without the expensive soap.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I'm reminded of the 50s-edition of "The Mickey Mouse Club" -- all of the kids on the show were Mouseketeers, but only the "Red Team" got to announce their names on camera. The "Blue Team" appeared on the show, but did not have the fame of the Red Team members. I guess that Burnaby 49 is now on the "Green Team"....
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:I'm reminded of the 50s-edition of "The Mickey Mouse Club" -- all of the kids on the show were Mouseketeers, but only the "Red Team" got to announce their names on camera. The "Blue Team" appeared on the show, but did not have the fame of the Red Team members. I guess that Burnaby 49 is now on the "Green Team"....
Don't remind me of my unrequited yearnings for Annette;

wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

Burnaby49 wrote:Don't remind me of my unrequited yearnings for Annette;
Aw. And you actually got your picture taken with her.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I was devastated when she dumped me for Goofy;

I apologized over and over for that one night stand with Tinkerbell but it was too late.

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

Had I not been limited to black and white TV, in the 50s when the original MMC was on, I might have had a crush on the redheaded Doreen.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
webhick

Post by webhick »

Burnaby49 wrote:I was devastated when she dumped me for Goofy;

I apologized over and over for that one night stand with Tinkerbell but it was too late.
I could understand. Tinkerbell had a reserved space at the free clinic.
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Burnaby49 wrote:I was devastated when she dumped me for Goofy;

Who could blame you? She's hot.

Bill Lumbergh
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

So do you have some sort of fancy title now? Do I have to refer to you as "your worship" or something?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Bill Lumbergh wrote:So do you have some sort of fancy title now? Do I have to refer to you as "your worship" or something?
I think MetropolitanVancouver1000 has a nice ring to it albeit a touch cumbersome but I have to run off to the Chief so the best I can do at the moment. It brings out my expanded duties over all the inhabitants of the greater Vancouver area but also marks my rise in the hierarchy;
In Christian churches with episcopal polity, the rank of metropolitan bishop, or simply metropolitan, pertains to the diocesan bishop or archbishop (then more precisely called metropolitan archbishop) of a metropolis; that is, the chief city of a historical Roman province, ecclesiastical province, or regional capital.

Before the establishment of patriarchs (beginning in AD 325), metropolitan was the highest episcopal rank in the Eastern rites of the Church. They presided over synods of bishops, and were granted special privileges by canon law and sacred tradition.
One day PatriarchBritishColumbia1000000! Dare I dream?

However I'll let flatulating bovine get ahead of me in the line for name changes, his need is is more urgent.