Robert Arthur Menard FOTL (Freeman on the Lam)

Moderator: Burnaby49

Wake Up! Productions
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Robert Arthur Menard FOTL (Freeman on the Lam)

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

Burnaby49 wrote:If that's his idea of sparking wit I sympathize with the patrons who are there for a meal. Although anyone who attends an amateur comedy night gets what they deserve, Canada's greatest Freeman.
Here is another one he spit out on his Facebook page:
Parents spend 2 years teaching their child to walk and talk and then spend the next 16 years telling them to sit down and shut up.
:shrug:
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
Hanslune

Post by Hanslune »

What happens if the people in the audience don't consent?
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

That's just sad.

Bobby's not funny. And even if he were, he couldn't get a check paying gig because he doesn't have a bank account, or a SIN. So it's open mic night and maybe a few bummed beers for the great fezzed one.

So much for being free in one's mind!

---------------
Dope Clock II
It has been 243 days since Robert Menard announced the revival of the Association of Canadian Consumer Purchasers. So far there is no documentation of a successful purchase using Menard's system.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Hanslune wrote:What happens if the people in the audience don't consent?
Attendance is implied consent. Go at your own peril.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Hanslune

Post by Hanslune »

Burnaby49 wrote:
Wait what if we give consent to all the other comic but not him - doesn't he then have to leave?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Hanslune wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:
Wait what if we give consent to all the other comic but not him - doesn't he then have to leave?
None of your lawyerish weasel-word legalities. If you go voluntarily you pay the price. As I did tonight doing a tour of Vancouver's Skid Row pubs, the real dregs of what's left of the dregs. All they had was Molsens Canadian and I drank it. A horrifying experience.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Wake Up! Productions

Burnaby49 wrote:All they had was Molsens Canadian and I drank it.
Ugg - Tastes horrible - very filling !!! My LAST beer of choice - LOL !!!
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

All they had was Molsens Canadian and I drank it.
well they must have rubbed off on you. i remember when you were sober enough to spell Molson. lol.

and east side bar touring is pretty fun. its even funner to watch the drinking dead when the bars first open in the morning. its one of those areas where ya never know whats going to happen next...

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Wake Up! Productions

bmxninja357 wrote:i remember when you were sober enough to spell Molson.
Call me "chicken", but I didn't want to be the one to point that out (lol). :haha:
Wake Up! Productions

BTW - Menard's beer of choice is "Rickard's Red" - I should know - I bought him a 6 pack !!!*
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:
bmxninja357 wrote:i remember when you were sober enough to spell Molson.
Call me "chicken", but I didn't want to be the one to point that out (lol). :haha:
Let's get serious here. Spelling Molsens instead of Molsons was just a screw-up from an incompetent, sadsack old man who can barely spell his own name anymore. Alcohol had nothing to do with it. I haven't touched Molsons' poison in years but when you go to the Balmoral you are left with a stark choice, Canadian or nothing. But I just couldn't gag down enough of that swill to get drunk.

I may not agree with WUP on many issues but his comment;
Ugg - Tastes horrible - very filling !!! My LAST beer of choice - LOL !!!
Was spot on.

There's a backstory. Vancouver's real estate pricing has gone insane. Wife and I bought our house for $70,000, it is now worth around a million; all tax free when we sell it. The house itself is valued at about the price of a second-hand Volkswagen after the news of the emission fraud came out. It's all in the land. So Skid Row, the untouched strip of Hastings Street from Cambie to Gore, which has valiantly repelled all assaults of developers in the past, is falling fast. An entire block, the south side of Hastings from Columbia to Main, is in the process of being torn down and gentrified. The rest will soon follow.

So my boozing buddy and I decided to do a night's pubbing in what's left of the old legendary Skid Row dives before they are gone forever. I'm back from that harrowing experience, The venues or the people didn't defeat me, it was the beer.

First stop the Balmoral. All they had was Canadian. I ordered a pint and wished I hadn't. I left most of it. I used the washroom and, after that experience, told my friend that if he had to take a leak to wait for a back alley. I was serious. Second was the Empress. A step up, a classic dive with the clientele mostly old men nodding off. Beer still crap so I got a bottle of Kokanee. Garbage beer again but I finished it.

Next the Savoy across the street. Friendly crowd but another unfinished beer. To put that in perspective my friend and I have been pubbing together over 40 years. In that time, up until today, I've only had three beers I've not finished. One was when I was so badly hung over I could barely focus where I was so not the beer's fault. Second was one called the Cheeky Monkey that I had at the Head of Steam in Liverpool. Tasted like rotting mushrooms with decaying rats in it. The third was a Smithwicks Ale at the American Bar in Waterford Ireland. It had gone bad in the keg. Tonight I didn't finish two of my beers and "accidentally" knocked a third one over. All Molsons and Labatts products.

Anyhow after the Savoy we went to Brandiz. I'd wanted to go to the Regent, a real dump, but redevelopment beat me to it. I needed some emergency relief anyhow so after the Brandiz we went to the Bitter Tasting Room;

http://www.bittertastingroom.com/

For a decent beer to revive me. A Backhand of God stout. Then on to the Grand Union pub. The less said the better. A reviewer on Google put it better than I could;
Have you ever wanted to know what an actual dive is? Where the natives all dress like cowboys and the cowboys like natives? Where the bar band goes up on a tiny stage and plays spirit of the sky with a midi-synth drummer on a cheap panasonic keyboard? Where youre GUARUNTEED to get a shoulder massage by someone much older and drunker than you are, to be sold a pair of bowling shoes, and to see a fight between two people who already look screwed up enough?

Walk in to the union. There's two doors and an arcade punching game in the front. The bar doesnt even smell like bleach because they dont clean up, and the smoking room still has it's windows up for the drug dealers to sell in privacy (DONT DRINK THERE BECAUSE SOMEONE WILL GET PISSED IF YOURE NOT IN THE TRADE). On a side note, the smoking room still feels quite smokey, even a year after the all inclusive smoking ban cleaned it up.

Beer is incredibly cheap here, and the crowd a dirty mix of street people and ex-construction workers. Pints are around $3 and pitchers float between $9 and $11 depending on "how much money you have." Jagerbombs (LOL) are $3.50! More on that later.

For all the horrid impoverished people drinking in the worst bar in Vancouver, there is an equal amount of objective humor. One time walking in we recieved a standing ovation! One time we ran in to a group of people our age (early 20s) who ACTUALLY claimed to have taught the bar how to make jagerbombs and that they're "paving the way" for hipsters to come right in.

HA.

THE WORST BAR YOU CAN EVER TAKE YOUR FRIENDS TO.

OTHER THAN THE WEST
We skipped the West tonight, not on the Agenda. Last stop Funky Winkerbeans, a legendary shithole that turned out to be not too bad at all. They had decent beer on tap. The only pub of the night (apart from the Bitter which doesn't count) that I'd go back to. Net result; home again from a night's pubbing about as sober as I was before I left.

Hanslune

Post by Hanslune »

Egads drunken beer talk.I concede and run screaming from the bar.....
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

My Menardar is going off. Freemanary's attention whore is running through his narrsissistic cycle again. Another project, the ninja goat, has tanked so the self inflated ego needs to be built up again.

Bobby's Facebook page is active again. The standup act is back and Bobby's remaining minion is making noises over on TPUC.
I suspect we'll see a Youtube soon about some sort of thing the Fezzed One thinks is important.

---------------
Dope Clock II
It has been 244 days since Robert Menard announced the revival of the Association of Canadian Consumer Purchasers. So far there is no documentation of a successful purchase using Menard's system.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Burnaby49 wrote: The tale of my night out on the Molsons
Artists Impression
I thought you once said that you'd sooner drink "warm donkey piss" or "Bud Light" over a nice cold Canadian.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Maliciously misquoted as always. What I actually said was that stories in respect to my imbibing these beverages were lies:
You imply that I'm familiar with Molsons products? MOLSONS? Why not just bandy about the story that Burnaby49's beverage of choice is warm donkey piss? Why not spread the rumour that I drink Bud light? You clearly have absolutely no ethical compunction about propagating vile lies about my drinking habits!
In any case neither of those alternate beverages were available at the Balmoral. It was Canadian or nothing. In hindsight the choice should have been obvious.

Returning to Menard, his new career seems to be movie mogul;
Robert Menard
I have fun.. it's like intellectual sparring and gives me a chance to see their perspective and arguments, and develop arguments against them. Plus I am mining some good material for a movie idea...
Like · 4 · September 22 at 8:59pm
Think of the GoFundMe opportunities in that! He might even make, dare I say it, $500. He can milk a hypothetical movie in progress far longer than his goat.

But dark clouds loom on the video horizon. He's thinking about making us a comedy video!
Sylvain L'Etoile We need another video of you Rob...just saying lol
Like · 2 · September 22 at 9:05pm

Sylvain L'Etoile I say "we" ...just guessing , others might be interested in seeing you chat on video again...like the old days lol Kinda like Bursting Bubbles...

Robert Menard working on one now actually... trying to capture one with more comedic content
Like · 4 · September 22 at 9:14pm
It's feast or famine with Rob. No Face Book posts for months and now it's like he can't stop.

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

A couple three random questions that come to mind. Doe Canadians still follow that charming old world tradition of throwing rotten cabbages at bad comedians? It has devolved to empty or sometimes full bottles of crap beer here since cabbages don't do well here and are too expensive to waste on low life comedians. How could you, or why would you for that matter, possibly drink enough of Molson's, or Coors for that matter, to actually get drunk? Haven't they reinstituted the pillory for abuses like Bobby's? Just random thoughts.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Wake Up! Productions

Just uploaded to Youtube: "Rob Menard Comedy"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8xOamluw9I
Dezcad
Khedive Ismail Quatoosia

Post by Dezcad »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:Just uploaded to Youtube: "Rob Menard Comedy"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8xOamluw9I
The Canadian "Kenny Bania".
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Stand up comedy is a legitimate occupation and he's not scamming anyone in the process. So frankly I'm glad he's getting gigs.

However I haven't watched the clip, so that might change if he's inserting little freeman jibber jabber in there.
Wake Up! Productions

Jeffrey wrote:Stand up comedy is a legitimate occupation and he's not scamming anyone in the process. So frankly I'm glad he's getting gigs.

However I haven't watched the clip, so that might change if he's inserting little freeman jibber jabber in there.
No "freeman jibber jabber", just a rehashing of old, tired stories that have already been told in his "films" fro a decade ago !!!