Robert Arthur Menard FOTL (Freeman on the Lam)

Moderator: Burnaby49

Wake Up! Productions
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Robert Arthur Menard FOTL (Freeman on the Lam)

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

LordEd wrote:Not bad on a first pass. He should check out how drones stabilize their cameras for his next test.

Whatever keeps Mr. Menard busy and away from creating new freeman victims should be supported.
You know, I never thought about it that way, but you are absolutely correct. Legitimate business ventures should be encouraged, not made fun of (even if the idea is 20 years out of date).
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:Menard has posted a new video ... of the NINJA GOAT !!!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG0X3ErdSHQ :beatinghorse:

Business plan! Oh please!

The first thing investors need to ask is whether Mr. "I-ain't-never-completed-anything" Menard can get this thing to market.

Besides questions of the goat's mechanical effectiveness investors need to realize that Menard refuses to take anything he promotes, makes or markets through the slightest governmental approval or regulation process.

That's why every project stops dead in its earliest stages.

I don't think it is unfair to say that the investors, subscribers or members who put money in Menard's projects are essentially putting burgers and Moose Heads in Bobby's pie hole during the development phase of his projects. . .projects that never get completed.

Then Bobby moves on to another thing.

---------------
Dope Clock II
It has been 194 days since Robert Menard announced the revival of the Association of Canadian Consumer Purchasers. So far there is no documentation of a successful purchase using Menard's system.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

While I agree he's done something it's not very much. At the moment it's just a simple remote controlled toy. I can buy something very similar, just smaller, at Burnaby Hobbies. Nothing new or novel about that.

The three dimensional stabilization part is the key and it is also by far the most difficult part of the device to engineer. There is nothing to indicate that Menard has even started working on that. He won't get any financing, or even significant interest, until he can show he has a working robust stabilization method. Even then I doubt the need for the device. The film industry probably considered and discarded the idea a decade ago.

But, if it keeps him occupied, why not?
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
schismatrix
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by schismatrix »

Burnaby49 wrote:I can buy something very similar, just smaller, at Burnaby Hobbies
Or, if you're a little more ambitious, you could just go straight to the originators and stick this on the remote controlled platform of your choice:

http://tiffen.com/steadicam/steadicam-curve/

for all of $40 US.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Burnaby49 wrote:While I agree he's done something it's not very much. At the moment it's just a simple remote controlled toy. I can buy something very similar, just smaller, at Burnaby Hobbies. Nothing new or novel about that.

The three dimensional stabilization part is the key and it is also by far the most difficult part of the device to engineer. There is nothing to indicate that Menard has even started working on that. He won't get any financing, or even significant interest, until he can show he has a working robust stabilization method. Even then I doubt the need for the device. The film industry probably considered and discarded the idea a decade ago.

But, if it keeps him occupied, why not?
Bobby's latest pitch is no different from the formerly failed freeman valley, the ACCP and the C3PO.

For Bobby this isn't about making a go of the ninja goat. It's about finding a a new way to siphon off a few dollars from misinformed investors.

---------------
Dope Clock II
It has been 194 days since Robert Menard announced the revival of the Association of Canadian Consumer Purchasers. So far there is no documentation of a successful purchase using Menard's system.
Wake Up! Productions

I HAVE FOUND ROBERT MENARD !!!

Based on the video that Menard uploaded yesterday https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rG0X3ErdSHQ I took certain land markers and went to Google Maps. The only usable point of reference was the store next do, which features a giant "GoPro" (camera) sign. We all knew Menard was somewhere in Montreal. So I simply googled all of the GoPro authorized dealers in Montreal, and bada-bing, bada-boom.

In the video Menard's ninjagoat was in this vacant lot, and he was in the yard of the house next door.

I can only assume that this is where Menard currently lives. The address is 41 Boulevard St Luc Montreal. The easiest way to find it is to visit the site for the shop next door, http://www.lordphoto.ca/ scrool to the bottom. There is a google map, just click on it, then hit Streetview !!!
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Great work tracking him down.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Hanslune

Post by Hanslune »

Yeah good work there guys. Could someone speak to the status of Menard's legal status?

I seem to recall he has a warrant out for him but may I presume this warrant is just 'if they encounter him' type, i.e. there is not official active 'search' for him?
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

It is the house that Menard mentioned way back that he was going to purchase as the ACCP headquarters. He's been living there since he did his scramble away from Ontario. I sent him a letter mid-June telling him I liked his new accommodations.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

Wake Up! Productions

Hanslune wrote:Yeah good work there guys. Could someone speak to the status of Menard's legal status?

I seem to recall he has a warrant out for him but may I presume this warrant is just 'if they encounter him' type, i.e. there is not official active 'search' for him?
From what I understand, Menard has 2 or 3 Bench Warrants out for his arrest in Ontario, Canada. However, he is currently in another Province (Quebec). Just as with Dean Clifford, I think a nation-wide arrest warrant would need to be issued.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

This is the house;

http://duproprio.com/home-for-sale-st-j ... -en-478481

Check the interior pictures against Menard's recent video locations. He did all but one in the kitchen. The video I link to in my signature was taken at the foot of the stairs.

This is the text of the letter I sent him on June 17th. After that phone rant he made to Ron Usher I just wanted to let him know that I knew where he was. The reference to squirrels is from one of his Facebook postings where he said he had squirrels running around the yard.
Hi Rob! Just a quick hello from Burnaby49!

Glad to see you landed on your feet in such a nice spot. I had squirrels running across my yard today too. Summer at last!

I don't want to take too much of your busy time that could be better employed working on all those videos you're busy churning out. Just one very minor critical comment. The sink and those cabinets are getting a little bit stale as a backdrop. Why not turn the camera around to the "Corner Bar" blackboard and use that for your next presentation?

37 BOUL SAINT-LUC,
SAINT-JEAN-SUR-RICHELIEU QC
J2W 1E3

arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Yup, you have found Menard!

I had been trying to locate the place based on the burger joint, which I assumed is a Harvey's, across the street.
Last edited by arayder on Tue Aug 04, 2015 9:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wake Up! Productions

Burnaby49 wrote:This is the house;

http://duproprio.com/home-for-sale-st-j ... -en-478481

Check the interior pictures against Menard's recent video locations. He did all but one in the kitchen. The video I link to in my signature was taken at the foot of the stairs.

This is the text of the letter I sent him on June 17th. After that phone rant he made to Ron Usher I just wanted to let him know that I knew where he was. The reference to squirrels is from one of his Facebook postings where he said he had squirrels running around the yard.

Glad to see you landed on your feet in such a nice spot. I had squirrels running across my yard today too. Summer at last!

I don't want to take too much of your busy time that could be better employed working on all those videos you're busy churning out. Just one very minor critical comment. The sink and those cabinets are getting a little bit stale as a backdrop. Why not turn the camera around to the "Corner Bar" blackboard and use that for your next presentation?

37 BOUL SAINT-LUC,
J2W 1E3
Yes, that is the exact same house - I was guessing on the street number based on the store next door, and the vacant lot. So yes, the actual address is 37 Boulevard St Luc, Montreal.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:

37 BOUL SAINT-LUC,
J2W 1E3
Yes, that is the exact same house - I was guessing on the street number based on the store next door, and the vacant lot. So yes, the actual address is 37 Boulevard St Luc, Montreal.
No, it's Saint-Jean, not Montreal proper. Actually a fair sized regional agglomeration, about 100,00 people if you count the neighbouring small villages. I know the area fairly well, since St-Jean was a decent sized place to stay with good access to the highway network if I had a lot of work to do in different communities on that side of the river and didn't feel like fighting across the Champlain Bridge twice a day. Anyways, good detective work.
Wake Up! Productions

eric wrote:No, it's Saint-Jean, not Montreal proper. Actually a fair sized regional agglomeration, about 100,00 people if you count the neighbouring small villages. I know the area fairly well, since St-Jean was a decent sized place to stay with good access to the highway network if I had a lot of work to do in different communities on that side of the river and didn't feel like fighting across the Champlain Bridge twice a day. Anyways, good detective work.
The true measure is if it has its own mayor, and it does. Point conceded.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

There is no way he could have bought this house, is there? I thought he blew his Dad's Life Insurance already, and would need a job to maintain monthly payments, not to mention a down payment. He has to be sponging of someone, right? He also doesn't seem the type to thrive in Quebec, I just don't see him speaking French, or really fitting in with the more European side of Canada. Don't get me wrong, I love Montreal, it is my favorite city in Canada, and Second to NYC in North America. My best friend is also Quebecois, and for a time I dated a girl from there, and regularly drove up on a Friday, Returning on a Monday, and know Montreal city proper quite well. Throw in 4 Canadian GP's, Firework Festivals, Comedy fest, and Jazz Fest, I could be a local, but for my piss poor french (Pardon my French :)). Of all the people I have met from Montreal, Bobby isn't the type I picture fitting in well over there. Outside of Quebec, Oui, but Quebec, No.

Maybe I am wrong about his French, but I still don't see him fitting in well there....
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Wake Up! Productions

NYGman wrote:There is no way he could have bought this house, is there? I thought he blew his Dad's Life Insurance already, and would need a job to maintain monthly payments, not to mention a down payment. He has to be sponging of someone, right? He also doesn't seem the type to thrive in Quebec, I just don't see him speaking French, or really fitting in with the more European side of Canada. Don't get me wrong, I love Montreal, it is my favorite city in Canada, and Second to NYC in North America. My best friend is also Quebecois, and for a time I dated a girl from there, and regularly drove up on a Friday, Returning on a Monday, and know Montreal city proper quite well. Throw in 4 Canadian GP's, Firework Festivals, Comedy fest, and Jazz Fest, I could be a local, but for my piss poor french (Pardon my French :)). Of all the people I have met from Montreal, Bobby isn't the type I picture fitting in well over there. Outside of Quebec, Oui, but Quebec, No.

Maybe I am wrong about his French, but I still don't see him fitting in well there....
The house appears to be currently on the market. I googled the phone number, and it comes up with the owner being ROC Habitation. The following was run through google translate:
Throughout the project, you have only one phone number to keep in mind, you always communicate at any time with Mr. Christian Roch himself. ROC Housing offers outstanding service to all its customers , the number of housing start is controlled to be always available for you.
As it is a 1949 built house that is newly renovated, it appears to be owned by a house flipper who also acts as his own Real Estate agent. My best guess is Rob is that Rob is merely renting it until it is actually sold. Or he is in a rent to own contract. Usually rent to owns stay on the market, and when an offer is made, the renter has the first option to counter it with their own offer.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

christian roch. its so damn familiar. maybe im nuts; maybe it will come to me. im sure ive heard it.

and remember even well intended speculation is but speculation.

ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Wake Up! Productions

The obvious next question to ask is, what to do with the knowledge of a wanted fugitives whereabouts? As I am new here, I will ask the "community", do we turn him in, or sit on the info with the hopes that he will eventually get caught? :thinking:
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

if an offence is not punishable by indictment it is likely the province the offender is residing in will not foot the bill to send him back to face justice. and rarely does the province in which the offence is commited pay to bring them back.

i have ran on warrents for years. i knew if i was wanted in vancouver it was meaningless in edmonton.

and qeubec couldnt give a flying fu......

peace
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....