Robert Arthur Menard FOTL (Freeman on the Lam)

Moderator: Burnaby49

arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Re: Robert Arthur Menard FOTL (Freeman on the Lam)

Post by arayder »

It's not like Bobby's been working in the movies, running tech departments and has now found a better mouse trap.

Anybody in this information age can do a little research and see what the state of the art equipment is in the industry and realize that it's as if Bobby's trying to sell Brown Bess muzzle loaders (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Bess) to the Israeli army which already has the Tavor TAR-21 (http://www.military-today.com/firearms/tavor_tar21.htm).

---------------
Dope Clock II
It has been 203 days since Robert Menard announced the revival of the Association of Canadian Consumer Purchasers. So far there is no documentation of a successful purchase using Menard's system.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

He's actually being very modest. He wanted $50,000 in his last GoFundMe round for some drug-induced dream of starting a Peace Officer empire of regional offices, political pressuring, grassroots committees and god knows what other pipe-dreams. Now he only wants six grand to mount a camera on his toy truck.

Steve, you are a bit incorrect in your second comment on his GoFundMe page;
Steve Bates

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the inventor is actually a criminal fugitive on the run, wanted on 3 bench warrants for IMPERSONATING A POLICE OFFICER !!!
More correctly he is charged with impersonating a peace officer.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

arayder wrote:It's not like Bobby's been working in the movies, running tech departments and has now found a better mouse trap.
Anybody in this information age can do a little research and see what the state of the art equipment is in the industry and realize that it's as if Bobby's trying to sell Brown Bess muzzle loaders (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brown_Bess) to the Israeli army which already has the Tavor TAR-21 (http://www.military-today.com/firearms/tavor_tar21.htm).
I spent a fair portion of my career working on stuff similar to what Bobby is trying to do. Here is an example of where the industry is now:
http://www.inuktun.com/index.php I particularly liked their robot which can run on any plane including upside down. He's 20 years at least behind the times. He managed to spend 3 years and 25 K$ developing something which a competent engineer could knock out in a week using off the shelf components. Meanwhile the hardest part of the project (stabilization and servo control of the jib) has been left as an afterthought, is probably beyond his technical expertise, and will add significantly to the final cost of the product. Besides, why should I buy from Bobby when I can buy a proven product from a company with years of experience in the field?
... eric, 30+ years as an electrical engineer, now a happy pig farmer 8)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

You might also mention that it isn't/may not be patentable to begin with since I seriously doubt that Bobby is even remotely smart enough to have invented any of the stuff he is using, and if he bought it off the rack so to speak buh bye patent.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Eric, I find your comments cruel and thoughtless. Bobby's had a dream that he's sacrificed for and worked very hard to realize he's worked hard on he's at least tried to complete in a timely manner he's pissed around with from time to time for years. He's sacrificed other great opportunities to realize it He's risked his own funds on it Which has now turned into a desperate pathetic beer-money scam after his prior GoFundMe debacle failed.

Now, don't you feel bad about your comments?
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

As of 8:00 a.m. est Bobby has no gofundme contributions.

The goat sort of reflects Bobby's freeman/legal career. Menard doesn't really know what he's doing but thinks a semi-slick presentation made to gullible people who know even less that him might set him up in burger and beer money for a while.

---------------
Dope Clock II
It has been 203 days since Robert Menard announced the revival of the Association of Canadian Consumer Purchasers. So far there is no documentation of a successful purchase using Menard's system.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

the fail point here is that the "gullible people who know even less that him" also have to have "more" money than he, and he may have reached the point of diminishing returns with his flock of pigeons.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Wake Up! Productions
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

Burnaby49 wrote:He's actually being very modest. He wanted $50,000 in his last GoFundMe round for some drug-induced dream of starting a Peace Officer empire of regional offices, political pressuring, grassroots committees and god knows what other pipe-dreams. Now he only wants six grand to mount a camera on his toy truck.

Steve, you are a bit incorrect in your second comment on his GoFundMe page;
Steve Bates

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the inventor is actually a criminal fugitive on the run, wanted on 3 bench warrants for IMPERSONATING A POLICE OFFICER !!!
More correctly he is charged with impersonating a peace officer.
No worries, Menard fixed the problem by deleting my comments !!!
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Menard wrote:The problem with drones is they are loud, produce a lot of downdraft, are dangerous around the talent and public (they are almost a flying lawn mower) and they have limited flight capabilities usually measured in minutes. NinjaGOAT is quiet, produces no downdraft, is far less dangerous, and has hours of operational time.
Going to side with Menard on these particular points.

Although I think its "personation of a peace officer" is the legal wording on the charge.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

notorial dissent wrote:the fail point here is that the "gullible people who know even less that him" also have to have "more" money than he, and he may have reached the point of diminishing returns with his flock of pigeons.
The years Bobby has been working his way through provinces, towns, projects and supporters. Observers have noticed that he is reduced to recycling old scams for little more than beer money.

After having alienated several major supporters and financial backers over the years Bobby appears to be down to his last dupe in the person of Wilfred Leger.

Over the years folks have wondered what the tail end of Menard's freeman career would look like. I suspect we are seeing it.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Menard wrote:The problem with drones is they are loud, produce a lot of downdraft, are dangerous around the talent and public (they are almost a flying lawn mower) and they have limited flight capabilities usually measured in minutes. NinjaGOAT is quiet, produces no downdraft, is far less dangerous, and has hours of operational time.
I don't think there is any limit to Menard's ability to deny reality.

It was one thing for him to ignore the facts of law that made his freeman theories impractical. But it is quite another thing for him to ask investors for money while he purposefully ignores that, the drone issue aside, their are proven remote controlled robot camera platforms already on the market.

Neither does inventor Menard bother to mention the patent issue!

This guy's a piece of work.
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Drone operation around a crowd for commercial purposes actually has some legal implications in Canada requiring a special operator's permits and such.

Of course we know Mr. Menard respects these laws at all times.
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

And randomly I came across this today: http://i.imgur.com/2We9xqK.gifv
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

LordEd wrote:And randomly I came across this today: http://i.imgur.com/2We9xqK.gifv

Potential goat investors should have pointed out to them that Menard knew, or should have known, when he started hyping the goat that there were already functional robot cameras far superior to his in the market place.

This isn't just a case of Menard starting a business project. It is a case of him offering an investment so poorly planned and researched that his actions boarder on negligence!

If Bobby knew the goat was a dud then his honesty comes into question.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

LordEd wrote:And randomly I came across this today: http://i.imgur.com/2We9xqK.gifv
That does look much better than NinjaGoat could ever be. Why invest in something yet to be completed, when one is already available. I also posted a few robot arms, and camera dollies a while ago, yours is better!
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

Let's get Bobby & the Goat on Dragon's Den!!
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

The goat is just laughable. This from a guy who used to lecture folks about due diligence!

In his old Youtubes you could see a Menard posing freeman theory he had clearly never bothered to check out. He said his followers could use the 96 fix to pay the power and light, that they could A4V major purchases, that the ACCP worked. He said a C3PO could just wave off traffic cops.

The fact is Bobby never checked any of these theories out! They were just ideas he knew would sell in the freeman subculture!

Bad ideas sold to suckers. How is the goat any different?
ontobserver
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by ontobserver »

arayder wrote: Neither does inventor Menard bother to mention the patent issue!
It is quite possible that there isn't a patent issue. While I'm sure Menard hasn't spent the money to file for patent protection on the NinjaGoat, there are many products that have been extremely successful despite not having any patent protection. Besides, in order to obtain a patent, the invention had to be something that wasn't "obvious before the effective filing date of the claimed invention to a person having ordinary skill in the art to which the claimed invention pertains." -- but do we really think Menard is capable of that?

There is the potential that Menard's NinjaGoat (or parts thereof) infringes upon someone else's intellectual property. I doubt that Menard took the time to do any patent searches beforehand, but I also doubt that there's anything clever enough in the NinjaGoat to cause problems with any patents that are still in force/will be in force when the NinjaGoat would actually be ready for market.

The bigger problem for Menard is that there is already superior technology commercially available.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

LordEd wrote:
Going to side with Menard on these particular points.

Although I think its "personation of a peace officer" is the legal wording on the charge.
Pick, pick, pick.

eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Burnaby49 wrote:Eric, I find your comments cruel and thoughtless. Bobby's had a dream that he's sacrificed for and worked very hard to realize he's worked hard on he's at least tried to complete in a timely manner he's pissed around with from time to time for years. He's sacrificed other great opportunities to realize it He's risked his own funds on it Which has now turned into a desperate pathetic beer-money scam after his prior GoFundMe debacle failed.

Now, don't you feel bad about your comments?
Abject apology:
I have erred and strayed from thy ways like a lost sheep, I have followed too much the devices and desires of mine own heart, I have offended against thy Common laws, I have left undone those things which I ought to have done, And I have done those things which I ought not to have done.
There, I feel better now... (with apologies to the BCP 1964)