I am so smart. s.m.r.t, i mean kelownasafemeters.com

Moderator: Burnaby49

morrand
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: I am so smart. s.m.r.t, i mean kelownasafemeters.com

Post by morrand »

eric wrote:Oh well, if someone has the unusual IMHO belief that they should pay extra for their privileges as FMOTL, I guess it's their right. Around here when we still had legacy meters they charged you an estimated rate based on your historical useage if they couldn't get access to your meter - it was usually higher than the real consumption from my personal experience.
Driving home the point: our local electric utility filed, and got, a rate that allows them to charge $21.53 per month to customers who refuse a smart meter, to cover reading it. Plus rental on the meter (at about $2.21/mo.). Plus, if it's got to be replaced for some reason, work order charges from about $77 upwards. Plus, as you mention, estimated billing, although that normally sorts itself out when they're finally able to get an actual reading.

Our local electric utility learned from the experience of one of the local municipal utilities, which forced the installation of smart meters and consequently drew the wrath of a local anti- group.

Lesson to be learned: sometimes it's easier just to say, "You win—you lose." :Axe:
---
Morrand
LordEd

Re: I am so smart. s.m.r.t, i mean kelownasafemeters.com

Post by LordEd »

Burnaby49 wrote: My skill at being incoherent? I know all about the income tax act not being valid. I heard about it again today in court. I've been attending a Poriskyite trial all week, four days of sitting listening to nonsense. When I write it up it will be a monster, I have about 27 pages of single-space 8X10 workbook notes and we haven't even got to the actual trial yet. Still grinding through voir dires (mini-trials within trials).
I meant it wouldn't be incoherent if I had your skill.

I worked out this particular call should have it a own drinking game:
Take a drink:
- When somebody invokes godwins law
- When somebody's smart phone goes off in the background

Or if you just want to drink...
- When Freeman nonsense is stated as fact.