Moderator: Burnaby49

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

A big Shout-Out for Quatloos!

Post by Burnaby49 »

I participated in a Webinar today, this one;

http://www.cle.bc.ca/onlinestore/produc ... x?cid=1170

Just Ron Usher and myself. Ron is of course an occasional Quatloos contributor and Chief Counsel for the Society of Notaries Public of British Columbia. He wanted me along for comic relief.

I had a bit of a dilemma about how to identify myself. I have less than a friendly relationship with a significant number people in the Vancouver Freeman community and I don't want them getting my real name. But identifying myself in an educational video to legal professionals as Burnaby49 would have been just outright stupid. So I identified myself as Burnaby49. Ron suggested that I wear large sunglasses but I countered with a better idea;

Note the beer motif and shorts. I wore pants to the filming.

In the end I decided to forgo disguises because the Freemen recognize me by sight anyhow. Not that I expected any snitches in the audience but I wanted to be the man of mystery.

We brought Quatloos into the discussion frequently. Ron recommended it as a great reference source and I discussed my role as a court reporter. I said if they wanted an idea of what to expect in court there was no better source than my accounts because they are a detailed objective review of what actually transpires in Freeman trials. I told them that some Freemen were not happy about my reports because it made them look like buffoons. Not my doing, just reporting on their antics, but I'm the scapegoat none the less. Ron provided a list of the current gurus;

Clifford
Menard
Belanger
Brian Alexander

So I enjoyed giving the audience a "Where are they now?" update;

Clifford - Out on bail after a year in remand. Trial on drug and gun charges pending.
Menard - Broke and on the run from criminal charges. Begging for money.
Belanger - ineffectual whining how he wants his welfare back
Alexander - Up on various driving charges.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Burnaby49

Re: A big Shout-Out for Quatloos!

Post by Burnaby49 »

Forgot to mention. I noted that, unlike Freeman type ranters, Quatloos posters generally accompany their comments with links to source documents and that in all my postings where I refer to documents I link to copies. I love documents.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

LordEd
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by LordEd »

2. The series—BOTH courses
EARLY BIRD (Register by May 21, 2015 and SAVE): $180; After May 21, 2015: $200
Your identity is quite safe.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

LordEd wrote:
2. The series—BOTH courses
EARLY BIRD (Register by May 21, 2015 and SAVE): $180; After May 21, 2015: $200
Your identity is quite safe.
:lol: I am guessing they didn't accept WeRe Checks, I know Peter mentioned some Canadian members...
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Not to dismiss caution however.

As much as some claim the 'no harm' concept, I wouldn't trust a freeman with my identity. Who knows what laws they'll decide don't apply to them.

I enjoy the arguments, and the reports of the results, but I won't be the one taking the risk.

Be safe, Burnaby.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Petty harassment is an issue. Ron tells me he has (I think this is what he said) millions of dollars of unilateral contracts and other freeman crap issued against him. He has a folder of Freeman docs with his name on them. I'd just as soon not acquire a similar collection. Getting noted in videos is good enough for me.

Ron said that, unlike the US experience, the British Columbia land titles office is very good about stopping false liens from being filed or that would probably be an issue too.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Ron Usher and I gave the second part of the presentation today. We were joined by Donald Netolitzky, an acquaintance of Ron's, who spoke from Edmonton via a phone link. Donald is a lawyer who works for the Alberta Queen's Bench. As I understand it his position does not involve litigation. He is a technical advisor and assistant to the QB judges, a very unusual position in Canadian courts. In any event he is extremely knowledgeable about Freemen and is very active in giving presentations and writing papers about them and their court issues. The written material provided to the course participants was largely provided by him.

Today's topic was how to deal with Freemen in court. Ron, unlike myself, just won't be serious about such important issues. What can you expect from someone who plays the ukulele?

Many Quatloos followers will remember this video;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ldcx_vswa4o

Which was included in this discussion;

http://quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.p ... it=bicycle

Ron used that video as part of his course material but, typical of the man, he chose to show this criminally doctored version;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRnkCDGtVV4

Which, instead of portraying the American sovereign in it as he really was, a man heroically standing up for his rights before fascist court security, made him look like a pathetic clown.

Anyhow, the session went well. Donald gave advice based on his experiences in the Alberta courts, Ron discussed issues in general and his experiences with Chief Rock Sino General, and I told the audience my observations of how the British Columbia Courts and Crown Counsel were handling these cases. Ron also included short video clips from two local lawyers experienced with dealing with Freemen in court litigation who gave their advice on how to handle them.

One interesting point that Donald made was how the AQB has managed to stop vexatious Freeman litigation before it even gets started. It is Donald's observation (to which I agree) that most Freeman litigants have no understanding about the legal basis of the various arguments they bring to court. They get a backpack full of quasi-legal sounding garbage paperwork off the internet along with a script about how to present it in court, file their crap, then just go and yammer in court about it. Essentially clueless and relying totally on the paper. So the Alberta Court of Queen's bench set up a court rule that their clerks would not accept for filing any documents that contained any obvious OPCA/Freemen hallmarks. Names with colons, "of the family of" that kind of thing. Donald said they expected it to be just a speed bump to slow these guys down and give them pause for second thoughts. But, instead, about 90% of the individuals who were stopped from filing documents never returned. They just didn't know how to proceed off-script without it. About as cost-effective a solution to a problem that I've ever heard.

Llwellyn
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Llwellyn »

Leave it to Alberta to short cut the nonsense and skip to the end. Little Texas of Canada! :) :haha:
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Burnaby49 wrote: One interesting point that Donald made was how the AQB has managed to stop vexatious Freeman litigation before it even gets started. It is Donald's observation (to which I agree) that most Freeman litigants have no understanding about the legal basis of the various arguments they bring to court. They get a backpack full of quasi-legal sounding garbage paperwork off the internet along with a script about how to present it in court, file their crap, then just go and yammer in court about it. Essentially clueless and relying totally on the paper. So the Alberta Court of Queen's bench set up a court rule that their clerks would not accept for filing any documents that contained any obvious OPCA/Freemen hallmarks. Names with colons, "of the family of" that kind of thing. Donald said they expected it to be just a speed bump to slow these guys down and give them pause for second thoughts. But, instead, about 90% of the individuals who were stopped from filing documents never returned. They just didn't know how to proceed off-script without it. About as cost-effective a solution to a problem that I've ever heard.
One of their latest tactics as practiced by Derek Johnson of PrivateSectorAct fame is to avoid the conventional court system all together and ask for Mediation even before the filing of a Statement of Claim in Queen's Bench. Derek left me a couple of phone messages on Thursday saying we had to discuss things and threatening "legal consequences". Another person dealing with him has informed me that the next phone calls will be to convince me to to Mediation.