Dean Clifford: Intermission

Moderator: Burnaby49

Wake Up! Productions
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Dean Clifford: Intermission

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

Dean Clifford is going to prison TOMORROW at 10am (CST) !!! Happy dance time !!!

DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
Wake Up! Productions

Man I am good at this ...

As I predicted yesterday, https://earthsc.com/ now REDIRECTS to https://earthsco.blogspot.com/ !!!

Dean Clifford no longer has a for PAID MEMBERS only website. All he has now are 2 worthless BLOGS !!! :haha:

PS - I found a cached version of the ADMIN side of the former earthsc.com site, though none of the links work: http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/s ... clnk&gl=ca
Wake Up! Productions

Some humour on this greatest of eves:

:snicker: :haha:
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Stop being so damn negative. You just don't understand the genius of the Deanster. All of his seeming stupidity, all of his rants, all of his wild self-destructive behaviour that had him in remand for a year, all were just diversionary tactics leading to this moment. Tomorrow is the time he has chosen to stand up in front of the judge and tell him that he cannot send a Freeman to jail. He'll unleash all of the brilliant legal arguments he's held back until this moment and leave the court in triumph, free to do whatever he wants unconstrained by the laws that he'll prove no longer apply to him.

There is just no other explanation that covers events of the past year. His total inability to stop the proceedings since he was arrested mean that he is either a genius with a brilliant plan beyond our comprehension or he is a complete idiot. I ask you, which is more likely? Tomorrow he'll use the legal weapons he's carefully husbanded for this moment. Dean Triumphant! And us looking like damn fools.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Wake Up! Productions

And finally, for good measure, let us recap the supposedly non-existent charges, that Dean was NEVER CHARGED WITH, as he was held without bail as a "POLITICAL PRISONER" ... :haha:

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Quit tempting fate, we'll be mocked on the internet if Dean gets probation instead.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Jeffrey wrote:Quit tempting fate, we'll be mocked on the internet if Dean gets probation instead.
Why? He'd be in prison (or jail) shortly, as he won't recognize the validity of the probation conditions.

In the US, there's a difference between prison and jail; I don't know about the UK (meaning England and Wales).
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Wake Up! Productions

Jeffrey wrote:Quit tempting fate, we'll be mocked on the internet if Dean gets probation instead.
Trust me, if it was that simple, Justice Martin wouldn't have ordered a pre-sentence report, and he certainly wouldn't have given Dean 5 months of freedom prior to sentencing. It would have been: GUILTY ... sentencing in 2 weeks, and then the sentence handed down would have been probation !!!

Though the justice system is slow at times, nobody waits 5 months, only to find out that they received "time served and probation" as punishment.

Given that the total MAXIMUM sentence for all charges is 75 years in prison, this is why a pre-sentence report was ordered - in order to aid and guide Justice Martin. Granted, Dean will not get anywhere near the total maximum sentence, but he will also not get time served and probation.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Waiting with bated breath for this one.

Possible outcomes with my Odds:

1 Dean doesn't show up 3/1
2 Dean shows and goes full FMOTL 2/1
3 Dean shows up and begs for mercy 1/100
4 Freeman woo works 1/1,000,000
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:Dean Clifford is going to prison TOMORROW at 10am (CST) !!! Happy dance time !!!
There's something telling, and unbecoming about being so joyous over the downfall of a man.
It's great that justice is being served and Dean is getting what he deserves but is it a cause for exuberance?
Didn't you buy into this same nonsense not long ago and only recently have come to a more reasonable conclusion?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Philistine wrote:
Wake Up! Productions wrote:Dean Clifford is going to prison TOMORROW at 10am (CST) !!! Happy dance time !!!
There's something telling, and unbecoming about being so joyous over the downfall of a man.
It's great that justice is being served and Dean is getting what he deserves but is it a cause for exuberance?
Didn't you buy into this same nonsense not long ago and only recently have come to a more reasonable conclusion?
Not to defend WUP but I think Dean is a larger than life persona in the Canadian FMOTL movement who claims to be except from Canadian laws. He is out there telling everyone lies, and promoting false ideas. Not only that, he had a cache of unregistered and potentially illegal guns, not a good mix.

Because of his attitude, because of his arrogance, because of his standing, and because he deserves it, this is a moment worthy of celebration. This will put Dean in his place and send a message to his followers.I good his sentence is on the high end.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Philistine wrote:
In part, I think, it's the same reason folks slow down and stare when they drive by a car wreck.
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

NYGman wrote: Not to defend WUP but I think Dean is a larger than life persona in the Canadian FMOTL movement who claims to be except from Canadian laws. He is out there telling everyone lies, and promoting false ideas. Not only that, he had a cache of unregistered and potentially illegal guns, not a good mix.
Because of his attitude, because of his arrogance, because of his standing, and because he deserves it, this is a moment worthy of celebration. This will put Dean in his place and send a message to his followers.I good his sentence is on the high end.
I suspect that the judge is thinking of treading very carefully about what type of sentence to impose, since although the penalties can be quite onerous, many of the charges are simple catch alls. If he wasn't under a temporary possession ban, and the pistol was out of the mix, they aren't that serious - seizure, six months and a lifetime ban would be a typical sentence. I could probably find the exact same mix of weapons, improperly stored, with an unlicenced owner at many farms in Canada. He may go up on the sentences however, simply because of the violation of bail conditions, and the pistol being both prohibited and kept loaded.
BTW, having looked for the first time at the list of weapons, they match Dean's story of them being mostly a collection of family junkers.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

eric wrote: BTW, having looked for the first time at the list of weapons, they match Dean's story of them being mostly a collection of family junkers.
My thoughts too.

It's one thing to go to jail for what you believe. But it another thing to go for surplus SKSs, the family shot gun, which all could have been registered anyway, and a useless under powered, and prohibited, pocket pistol.
Last edited by arayder on Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wake Up! Productions

Philistine wrote:
To answer your question, no, I was a Robert Menard follower, and I denounced Dean right from day one. Of course at the time I didn't realise that they were both fruit from the same poisonous tree. Regardless, my "exuberance" is a result of wasting 4 years of my life following freeman crap. Call it a sense of CLOSURE for me.
Wake Up! Productions

Well, I have my nose to the wire. So far we know that the Canadian Press will cover Dean's sentencing.
WINNIPEG _ Dean Clifford, promoter of the Freeman movement in Canada, to be sentenced after being convicted on a dozen charges, including possession of drugs and guns. (Court)
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Freeman stuff aside, it's a tough decision to make and I hope there's some sort of written explanation.

There's a mandatory minimum so there's legislative intent the judge can't ignore. Then there's the question of whether the threats against police can even be considered in the sentencing. Then whether he really meant it when he threatened to shoot cops or it was just words. Meanwhile Dean is adamant in that he refuses to obey any of the laws of Canada or the provinces so should the judge drop the hammer purely on that basis? Then his role as a leader of an anti-government movement. Whether a harsher sentence to discourage other people from doing the same thing would be appropriate.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I'm locking this discussion. The Dean saga continues here;

viewtopic.php?f=48&t=10867
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs