Dean Clifford: Sentencing & Beyond

Moderator: Burnaby49

JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Re: Dean Clifford: Sentencing & Beyond

Post by JamesVincent »

Hyrion wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:Without going into a tangent, the Free Speech comment is probably a reference to hate speech laws in section 281.2(2) of the Criminal Code.
Hence my point that rights are not absolute although I didn't use those exact words.
Jeffrey wrote:While here in the states, racist speech is constitutionally protected, north of the border it is not.
Can a person be convicted of a crime in the US for screaming FIRE in a crowded theater?

If so, then I point to that as a clear example that - even in the US - there are limits to ones exercising one's "right to free speech".

Edited to add: To be clear and cut any arguments over semantics short, I refer to screaming fire in a crowded theater when there is no fire resulting in a panic.
Just to add something to what Hyrion directly answered. Racist speech is not necessarily protected, it is rarely worth prosecuting. There have been cases of people charged with borderline racist/hate speech. Ask anyone who has been fired from a job or slammed in the media for making an asinine comment, if it was truly protected then that couldn't happen without consequence. A lot of things are protected but, like Hyrion pointed out, yelling fire in a crowded theatre will get you some time in the pokey, as will anything considered hate speech, threats of violence, things like that.
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Wake Up! Productions
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

Dean's been a chatty little boy on Facebook of late. I can only assume that he is currently between jobs.
Dean C. Clifford
4 hrs · Edited

Does everyone feel more free now? Thank goodness the fake de facto corporations pretending to be a government are here to protect our "freedom"...... *le sigh*

This is not "freedom", this is slavery. They are protecting THEIR system of slavery and only a completely deluded mind entirely detached from reality would think otherwise. The very idea, that this is somehow aimed at protecting your non existent "freedom" is ludicrous.

This is a campaign of terror against an enslaved race of people. You are being terrified into compliance. You are decieved, manipulated, misinformed, outright lied to, coerced and intimidated and outright terrorized through force of arms.

Violence breeds Violence, Period. This is the face of the State. Is this what you want to live in? No outside force is doing this, the people running your lives are doing this. Dummy up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... itain.html
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

JamesVincent wrote:Ask anyone who has been fired from a job or slammed in the media for making an asinine comment, if it was truly protected then that couldn't happen without consequence. A lot of things are protected but, like Hyrion pointed out, yelling fire in a crowded theatre will get you some time in the pokey, as will anything considered hate speech, threats of violence, things like that.
Well, the first amendment only applies to government actions. The government can't touch you for racist speech in the states, however private industry and employers can.
In 1969, the Supreme Court's decision in Brandenburg v. Ohio effectively overturned Schenck and any authority the case still carried. There, the Court held that inflammatory speech--and even speech advocating violence by members of the Ku Klux Klan--is protected under the First Amendment, unless the speech "is directed to inciting or producing imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action" (emphasis mine).
http://www.theatlantic.com/national/arc ... te/264449/

Even something as extreme as advocating genocide is constitutionally protected in the U.S.
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

JamesVincent wrote:Racist speech is not necessarily protected
It actually is. Brandenburg v. Ohio, 395 U.S. 444 (1969); R.A.V. v. City of St. Paul, 505 U.S. 377 (1992); Snyder v. Phelps, 562 U.S. 443 (2011) (the Westboro Baptist case). It is only where such speech "is directed to inciting imminent lawless action and is likely to incite or produce such action" (Brandenburg, 395 U.S. at 447) that it can be constitutionally prohibited.
Ask anyone who has been fired from a job or slammed in the media for making an asinine comment, if it was truly protected then that couldn't happen without consequence.
It could, actually. The First Amendment requires state action, and is not applicable to private dealings. Statutes can give someone protection against firing, and defamation law against false media reports - but not the First Amendment, absent state action.
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
wserra

Post by wserra »

Oops. Jeffrey beat me to it.
- David Hume
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Dean C. Clifford
4 hrs · Edited

Does everyone feel more free now? Thank goodness the fake de facto corporations pretending to be a government are here to protect our "freedom"...... *le sigh*

This is not "freedom", this is slavery. They are protecting THEIR system of slavery and only a completely deluded mind entirely detached from reality would think otherwise. The very idea, that this is somehow aimed at protecting your non existent "freedom" is ludicrous.

This is a campaign of terror against an enslaved race of people. You are being terrified into compliance. You are decieved, manipulated, misinformed, outright lied to, coerced and intimidated and outright terrorized through force of arms.

Violence breeds Violence, Period. This is the face of the State. Is this what you want to live in? No outside force is doing this, the people running your lives are doing this. Dummy up.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... itain.html
Canadians should feel safer that one punk arse wannabe Canadian domestic terrorist is going to jail in a few weeks. Let's not forget that Dean has threatened to kill cops at the drop of a hat.

One wonders if Dean is upset that he was arrested, not by a super tactical swat team, but rather of couple of street clothes "de facto" cops who hauled him off like he was a little baby.
Wake Up! Productions

Please, can someone make sense of this Facebook rant?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huF-BYzJPaM
Dean C. Clifford
2 hrs · Edited

This is why there were many complaints to the USA CORP government 2 weeks ago when Russia went into Syria and started blowing up "ISIS" assets, instead of hospitals, malls, homes and children like the USA CORP does, because Russia was ACTUALLY blowing up the foreign mercenaries called ISIS that the USA CORP spent years and untold millions of dollars funding and building for the very purpose they were doing.

These State assets of the USA CORP and various congressman and statesman are now being destroyed and the worlds most expensive paper tiger military, the USA CORP MILITARY, cannot do anything to protect those assets, as was promised they would. So, all those lobbyists, elites, politicians, statesman, congressmen, and other assorted pieces of shit are now losing hundreds of millions in assets and profits, thanks to Russia.

To make things even better, not only does Russia get to walk in and destroy 2 decades of work and the "End Game" for these pieces of shit, but they get to give their Military some action, prove they are a superpower, save face to all their allies who now know that Russia does indeed "have your back" when you are an ally, and Russia comes out of it all smelling like Roses for saving the world from ISIS.

This is too hilarious for words. Well played Mr. Putin.......well Played. Not to turn it into a Pyrrhic Victory or anything, but you must keep in mind you are playing war with retarded people, aka USA CORP "Politicians", which is kind of like kicking kids with downs syndrome in the face. That being said..... it needed to be done.. The "Tards" needed to be kicked in the face, they thought they were actually running the world.

Does anyone believe that a Terrorist group can own oil fields, thousands of tankers, and sell that on the market? For what, bags of gold or new guns? To WHO!?!?!?!?!? They are a front for USA businessmen to steal oil and profit from bombing things then rebuild them, like Iraq, Libya and Afghanistan. Silly Shitizens and Sheeple.......
EDITED: to remove an unsafe link, and replace it with a Youtube link of the same video.
Llwellyn
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Llwellyn »

Dean is ranting about the PRO Russian bombings, vs that eeevil corporation of the USA.. Basically, swinging the sum of stupid in a full circle and spouting a lot of nothing.
Russia' involvement in 'bombing ISIS' is nothing more than a simple arrangement between Russia and the Syrian government, to attempt to clear out any 'possible' resistances against the current leadership in Syria. ISIS is just a 'convenient' excuse.
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/10/ ... 4L20151021
In October, it was estimated that maybe 20% of the Russian hit targets were controlled/associated to ISIS.

Llwellyn
Guardian and Keeper of the Tor
schismatrix
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by schismatrix »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:Please, can someone make sense of this Facebook rant?
Perhaps our manly freeman is angling for a little alone time in prison; if he appears insane or ideologically dangerous enough they might give him an en-suite room for one with a nice view of the nurse.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

I had forgotten how often Rage Boy uses the phrase "piece of sh1t".

In a strange way I will miss him.
wserra

Post by wserra »

All the "corporate" posts split to new thread.
- David Hume
Wake Up! Productions

FACEBOOK:
6 weeks of Rational Fasting and transition diet, starting to exercise now after 3 months off. The start of my new journey to the best health possible, mind, body and Spirit. Jeff was handy this morning for a photo op.

Call me crazy, but if I knew I was going to be eating prison food for the next few years, the last thing I would be doing is fasting !!! Bring on the 12oz. steaks, mash potatoes, and chocolate lava cake for desert. :wink:

Dean, there will be plenty of time to go on hunger strikes (fasting) and exercise in prison, why waste your time now?
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

that pic is begging for a Photoshop of a diaper.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

Chaos wrote:that pic is begging for a Photoshop of a diaper.
and handcuffs

peace,
ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Wake Up! Productions

bmxninja357 wrote:
Chaos wrote:that pic is begging for a Photoshop of a diaper.
and handcuffs

peace,
ninj
Oh yeah, look at the way his hands are posed - perfect for some photoshopped cuffs !!! :haha:

EDITED: I put the word out in the Facebook "Freeman on the land Fails" group. Hopefully there is someone who has photoshopping talent.
Wake Up! Productions

By the way, I should point out that Dean has a court date on Monday.

His 13 year battle with "CENTRA GAS MANITOBA INC." (referenced in the Cari-lee Miller audio confession) is due in court at 1:30pm. His $13,107 bill is up for debate.

Who is brave enough to take a 100 to 1 bet that Dean will actually show up for this court date?

I will start the wager at $1, which at 100:1 odds will net you $100 if he does show up !!! :haha:
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

i see your wager and will take that action. 1 quatloo on deaner the meaner wiener showing up and spouting gibberish and it failing miserably and being a win! and i will further guess he does so in a court inappropriate garment(s).

peace,
ninj
Wake Up! Productions

bmxninja357 wrote:i see your wager and will take that action. 1 quatloo on deaner the meaner wiener showing up and spouting gibberish and it failing miserably and being a win! and i will further guess he does so in a court inappropriate garment(s).

peace,
ninj
Can we agree that the loser pays with a WeRe Bank Cheque? :haha:
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

as long as you dont take me for dinar and try and show me your dong....

ha!
ninj
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:Dean, there will be plenty of time to go on hunger strikes (fasting) and exercise in prison, why waste your time now?
And when has Deano EVER EVER done anything sensible?? :snicker:
I like the photoshop idea by the way.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.