Dean Clifford: Sentencing & Beyond

Moderator: Burnaby49

eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Re: Dean Clifford: Sentencing & Beyond

Post by eric »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:
eric wrote: Something isn't right - the only things that could rack up the tax bill that much are demolition charges or major damage to city owned utilities.. Besides, in Manitoba, the reserve bid on a tax auction is the amount of taxes owed I believe, so the tax bill should be zero if the property has been sold. BTW, the reserve bid here in Alberta is the greater of fair market value or taxes owed
All I know is the document in front of you. Just the arrears penalty (interest) alone was $650. Then you have 2 charges for "noxious weeds" in the middle of winter.
I did some checking up on the regulations in Winnipeg and the way it goes is that there is a one year period after it's delared in arrears for three years where the city "buys" the tax bill, so the property still hasn't been sold yet. That's why there is an amount still outstanding. Still trying to figure out why the bill itself is so large - it should be well under 10 K$ unless there is something else involved, many cities will add on various other unpaid charges such as utilities to your property tax bill.
Wake Up! Productions
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

Approved 2016 Tax Sale Schedule:

November 7 (Mon) Final Notice to Registered Property owner
November 30 (Wed) Final Payment of all outstanding taxes for 2014, 2015 & 2016
If Dean gets out of prison before then he can pay it all off in one lump sum from the gotfreedom.is subscription pool !!! :haha:
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
eric

Post by eric »

I did a quick calculation on what his taxes would be for the property using this years mill rate and got $3500.24. Obviously he has incurred some extra charges somewhere to throw 40K$ on to three years of arrears which should be approx 10 K$.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Jeffrey wrote:Haven't house prices like doubled in Canada over the last few years.

God damn Dean, pay the taxes, you're still making bank.
The value of our house went up by 20% last year. It's worth seventeen times what we paid for it. Makes no damn sense at all.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
eric

Post by eric »

Wake Up! Productions wrote: Darren also sent me this:
Though I have no idea what he was trying to prove with it. It appears that his truck was forfeited to the county for lack of payment of impound fees.
Nope - just to the impound lot. I have no idea why they were in possession of the vehicle. It could be as the result of a traffic stop that stopped his driving privileges or a simple walk-away. Vehicle walk-away - your truck breaks down on the roadside and it's not worth fixing or you can't afford the payments just walk away and let the impound lot figure out what to do with it.
morrand

Post by morrand »

Wake Up! Productions wrote: Perhaps someone can make heads or tails out of this:
Penalty Rate (Tax Sale):

In cases where a property has been sold for unpaid taxes, a penalty equivalent to 10% of the amount for which the property was sold in Tax Sale will be added on the date of the Tax Sale.

Effective July 1, 2015, the rate of interest to be paid as a penalty is 1.75% and will be applied on the first day of each month following the date of the Tax Sale. This rate is added to the amount for which the property was sold in Tax Sale.
http://www.winnipegassessment.com/Asmtt ... alties.stm
Having dabbled in tax sales briefly, I suspect the following interpretation. See here:
The Tax Sale is the start of a process that may, or may not, lead to the City acquiring Title to the property. What happens, in effect, is that the City purchases the Tax Sale Certificate which, after the passage of one full year from the date of the Sale, will entitle the City to apply for ownership of the property if it has not been redeemed. Should this happen, the City acquires the property for the amount of outstanding taxes. Tax Sale penalty information.

Redemption from Tax Sale can take place from the City of Winnipeg within one year after the date of Tax Sale, but only by full payment of the total amount outstanding.
Each of these penalties are added to the sale amount (that is, the amount of back tax) to obtain the amount needed to redeem the taxes from sale within the year's redemption period. So as soon as the taxes are sold on arrears of $53,379.02, the penalty of 10% ($5,337,90) is added to the arrears, and the owner must pay $58,716.92 to redeem from the sale. From the sound of it, an extra 1.75% of the arrears ($934.13) is added on the first of each month after that. The idea, of course, is to discourage letting the taxes go to sale in the first place, and then to encourage quick redemption after that.

Assuming that the "Arrears penalty" that's shown is the 1.75% interest penalty, that works backward to a sale price of $37,101.71 or so. $37,101.71 + 10% = $40,811.88 due the day after the sale, if I read it right.
---
Morrand
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

How could Dean run up a massive unpaid tax bill? The same way he parlayed a traffic ticket into a years long stay in the big house.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

Word is some freeman are on their way to the correctional facility to pick up dean. I hear he got some order (injunction?) And a judge granted it. The sentence has been stricken and they were saying something about compensation. They were in to big a hurry to give details as they had to go get him.

Anyone hear anything?

There's supposed to be news on it.

Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Wake Up! Productions

bmxninja357 wrote:Word is some freeman are on their way to the correctional facility to pick up dean. I hear he got some order (injunction?) And a judge granted it. The sentence has been stricken and they were saying something about compensation. They were in to big a hurry to give details as they had to go get him.

Anyone hear anything?

There's supposed to be news on it.

Ninj
Let me check the court website. It should be updated.
Wake Up! Productions

BREAKING NEWS: Dean Clifford's Conviction Overturned !!! He is set to be released tomorrow at 2 pm !!!

NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:BREAKING NEWS: Dean Clifford's Conviction Overturned !!! He is set to be released tomorrow at 2 pm !!!

Must be that time of year again...
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I've also heard from reliable sources that Menard has finally issued his ACCP cards and they are being honoured by retailers and other commercial enterprises. Also the Toronto charges have been quashed because the Federal Court of Canada has issued the requested order designating Rob as a Peace Officer.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Wake Up! Productions

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:

Seriously though, there is in fact a brand new entry on the Manitoba court website. It is a report on Dean's DNA that was court ordered. Not sure why though, he's not a sex offender. :shrug:
Bill Lumbergh
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

I believe DNA orders are mandatory (or at least discretionary) for certain weapon/firearms offences.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Is that DNA of the the flesh and blood man, or the strawman?
Wake Up! Productions

Bill Lumbergh wrote:I believe DNA orders are mandatory (or at least discretionary) for certain weapon/firearms offences.
Is it like some CSI thing, where your DNA is transferred to the gun upon firing it?
Wake Up! Productions

arayder wrote:Is that DNA of the the flesh and blood man, or the strawman?
First beer in 2 weeks, and you made me spit it up !!! :snicker:
Hanslune

Post by Hanslune »

Bill Lumbergh wrote:I believe DNA orders are mandatory (or at least discretionary) for certain weapon/firearms offences.
Bit late - could they be looking to see if he was involved in some other activities?
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:
arayder wrote:Is that DNA of the the flesh and blood man, or the strawman?
First beer in 2 weeks, and you made me spit it up !!! :snicker:
Sorry, WUP.

So five or ten years from now when they find Dean's Dean-N-A at a crime scene he's gonna say it's the DNA created by the evil government?

I am also imagining the indignity of the man who claims to have dismissed the government being forced to have a swab of his the inside of cheek taken by the prison nurse. . ."open yo purddy mouth wide, sonny, I gotta git a sample a yo sugar walls."

This is the guy who claims to have subsisted on bananas during an earlier jail stint, saying he wanted to eat food with pealable skin to insure the guards couldn't piss on his food.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

Hanslune wrote:
Bit late - could they be looking to see if he was involved in some other activities?
And is the judge ordering it done because the otherwise routine procedure was resisted by Dean? Dean who hasn't yet grasped that part of being convicted of a crime and being in jail includes losing the right to refuse the DNA testing.